Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO: carlccfc, Re: Steve Howard

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:01 pm

I notice your thread claiming you were first with the news of City making a bid to sign Steve Howard has been deleted following Steve Borley's comments in today's Echo. As has my suggestion that the story was nonsense and nothing more than a press invention. That's a bit naughty, isn't it?

Do all of your so-called exclusives get deleted when they are proved to have no basis in fact?

Re: FAO: carlccfc, Re: Steve Howard

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:06 pm

I've recently joined this forum and find that it's all a bit North Korean.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:08 pm

The majority of what Carl write is reliable, he is only human and isnt going to get everything right.
And if something is wrong, then he may aswell delete it to avoid confussion.
TLG have you come on here just to find that thread? Petty

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm

for someone so young (no insult) kipper you have a wise head

damn good comment :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:11 pm

FISH. wrote:The majority of what Carl write is reliable, he is only human and isnt going to get everything right.
TLG have you come on here just to find that thread? Petty

FISH has a very good point.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:18 pm

FISH. wrote:The majority of what Carl write is reliable, he is only human and isnt going to get everything right.

Confusion or embarrassment?

Plenty of people have a problem with this message board because of the way it is administered. I'm afraid I'm one of them.

I contributed to about two or three threads here yesterday. I come back today to see who is saying what in those threads and find that one of them has been deleted because what Carl wrote has proved to be a load of nonsense and I what I wrote has proved to be correct (ie: that the Howard story was cobblers).

Frankly, that's ridiculous.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:26 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Confusion or embarrassment?

Plenty of people have a problem with this message board because of the way it is administered. I'm afraid I'm one of them.

I contributed to about two or three threads here yesterday. I come back today to see who is saying what in those threads and find that one of them has been deleted because what Carl wrote has proved to be a load of nonsense and I what I wrote has proved to be correct (ie: that the Howard story was cobblers).

Frankly, that's ridiculous.

TLG you might have a problem with the way the board is administered but the vast majority of us don't. Personally I think Carl does a great job and I'm perfectly willing to give him a 10 to 15% error rate in exchange for the other 85-90% he gets right.

Indeed I would say any reasonable person would do the same.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:29 pm

And you reckon it's ok to delete threads that are proved to be nonsense?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:37 pm

TLG, I'm not being funny, but the amount of news Carl gives us, some of it won't be 100% but at least the man tries to keep us all updated (and we are all thankful to Carl for this :ayatollah: )

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:And you reckon it's ok to delete threads that are proved to be nonsense?

I have no opinion on such matters because I'm not so petty minded, but what I will say is Carl took loads of stick over the famous 'Ridsdale is resigning 100%' thread which appeared on here a few months ago.

On that point TLG you yourself are not beyond making claims in good faith which have turned out to be wrong, I can certainly remember your blog where you claimed £2m would be invested by the Malaysians around Christmas time.

It didn't happen but I'm sure you had good reason for making the claim and the reason's why it didn't happen were beyond your control.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16343

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Lads - let's not allow this to descend in to petty bickering eh!!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:42 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:I notice your thread claiming you were first with the news of City making a bid to sign Steve Howard has been deleted following Steve Borley's comments in today's Echo. As has my suggestion that the story was nonsense and nothing more than a press invention. That's a bit naughty, isn't it?

Do all of your so-called exclusives get deleted when they are proved to have no basis in fact?

TLG, You should get glasses
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16298 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TLG, You should get glasses

:lol:

Very good!

Restored. And so it should be. Nothing should be deleted unless it's offensive.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 pm

I'd have thought having to have made a grovelling apology to members of this board previously and having been exposed as a hypocrite in the process, TLG would have had the common sense to realise trying to pick fights is silly, certainly here.

Now, TLG, you take the Echo words as gospel - yet someone here who knows Borley says he wasn't interviewed by them. Which means there's a credibility issue with the Echo - something you seem to have indicated in the past.

Assuming Borley's words were in fact correct, that doesn't make Carl's words incorrect. The club may have made an enquiry, decided not to follow it up due to the fee, decided to play things down due to not wanting to make things public domain. That's certainly a plausible scenario.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

nerd wrote:I'd have thought having to have made a grovelling apology to members of this board previously and having been exposed as a hypocrite in the process, TLG would have had the common sense to realise trying to pick fights is silly, certainly here.

Aye aye, I thought it wouldn't take you too long to appear!

:lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Any chance of a self satisfied smug smiley??

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:48 pm

nerd wrote:I'd have thought having to have made a grovelling apology to members of this board previously and having been exposed as a hypocrite in the process, TLG would have had the common sense to realise trying to pick fights is silly, certainly here.

Now, TLG, you take the Echo words as gospel - yet someone here who knows Borley says he wasn't interviewed by them. Which means there's a credibility issue with the Echo - something you seem to have indicated in the past.

Assuming Borley's words were in fact correct, that doesn't make Carl's words incorrect. The club may have made an enquiry, decided not to follow it up due to the fee, decided to play things down due to not wanting to make things public domain. That's certainly a plausible scenario.

Exactly there can be many reasons why circumstances change.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:51 pm

nerd wrote:Now, TLG, you take the Echo words as gospel - yet someone here who knows Borley says he wasn't interviewed by them.

That's Steve Davies. Salt of the earth is Steve. Top man. But he gets things wrong. We all do.

Today's Echo contains direct quotes from Steve Borley:

"Steve Howard is not a target for us this summer."

That's good enough for me. Isn't it good enough for you?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:52 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Any chance of a self satisfied smug smiley??

Good idea.

Can we have a 'f**k me, another one of my posts has been deleted!' smiley too?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:52 pm

I think anyone who takes what is written in the Echo as gospel truth is something of a fool.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Annis, despite TLGs tone, he does have a point. This board should be a living document. I'm sure we've all got bits of our history we would edit or delete if possible, but that doesn't mean we should. Ridsdale was lambasted for editing his past in his autobiography we shouldn't have it here!

Everyone loves to read Carls news, he isn't right all the time nor should we expect him to be, but he seems to know more about behind the scenes at CCS than 99% of posters so long may he post (right or wrong).

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:54 pm

croesybluebird wrote:I think anyone who takes what is written in the Echo as gospel truth is something of a fool.

I think anyone who takes what is written on internet message boards as gospel truth is definitely a fool.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Correct Nerd, apparently The Echo have told porkies and Borley is fuming, But TLG is determined to attack Carl :roll:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with you there Dave but I think that you will find that the Echo is little better with a lot of their "news" on CCFC garnered from this and the CCMB.

So I would say that no, it being published in the echo is not good enough for me.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Annis, despite TLGs tone, he does have a point. This board should be a living document. I'm sure we've all got bits of our history we would edit or delete if possible, but that doesn't mean we should. Ridsdale was lambasted for editing his past in his autobiography we shouldn't have it here!

Everyone loves to read Carls news, he isn't right all the time nor should we expect him to be, but he seems to know more about behind the scenes at CCS than 99% of posters so long may he post (right or wrong).

The thread and Posts are still here and always have been.
The Steve Howard situation is not over yet, but even if Carl gets one wrong in 50, Dies TLG need to CRUCIFY HIM ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I THINK YOU WILL FIND Carl gets 49 out of 50 posts CORRECT, Please prove me wrong.
And if he gets one wrong does he deserve to attacked like this, no wonder the good posters left the ccmb.
TLG will never admit when he gets it wrong, I will admit I have had quite a lot wrong over the years I am only Human, but TLG , NO NEVER GETS IT WRONG lol.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:04 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:I think anyone who takes what is written in the Echo as gospel truth is something of a fool.

I think anyone who takes what is written on internet message boards as gospel truth is definitely a fool.

Does that apply to your blog?

The Lone Gunman wrote:

May'be you should practice what you preach.

Forever Blue wrote:Correct Nerd, apparently The Echo have told porkies and Borley is fuming, But TLG is determined to attack Carl

Hardly an attack, is it?!?

You know as well as I do that Carl posts all sorts of stuff on here which turns out to have no basis in fact. There have been numerous examples. Personally, I think it's irresponsible for people to post such rumours unless they are 100% confident they are correct. All they are doing is putting their fellow City fans away by building up false hopes.

Anyway, my beef is threads and posts being deleted for no reason. This one has now been restored so all is well in the world again.

:D