Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

F.A.O Carl

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Carl, although I've mentioned this in another thread, and I don't want to go on, but as you're the one who keeps us informed with all the latest goings on :ayatollah: .. can I ask you, when DJ and TG went to Malaysia was there any talk of a new sponsor for the clubs shirt, as in Malaysia Airlines?
Just seems the perfect sponsor to me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: F.A.O Carl

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Maybe Daya could have a word with his mate and arrange for us to be sponsored by Air Asia. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Wasn't there supposed to be something to do with another company that VT owns?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:08 pm

yeh was it cosway or something like that ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm

I heard (via this forum) that VT is inclined towards Cosway, but I still think Malaysia Airlines would be a great sponsor (I've never heard of Cosway) but I'm sure everyone has heard of Malaysia Airlines,. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Marc wrote:I heard (via this forum) that VT is inclined towards Cosway, but I still think Malaysia Airlines would be a great sponsor (I've never heard of Cosway) but I'm sure everyone has heard of Malaysia Airlines,. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The fact most of us have never heard of cosway is obviously the reason VT would prefer it on the shirt!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 pm

asz wrote:
Marc wrote:I heard (via this forum) that VT is inclined towards Cosway, but I still think Malaysia Airlines would be a great sponsor (I've never heard of Cosway) but I'm sure everyone has heard of Malaysia Airlines,. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The fact most of us have never heard of cosway is obviously the reason VT would prefer it on the shirt!

But it comes down to who is going to pay the most money, and I'm quite sure (correct me if I'm wrong) Malaysia Airlines has the more beneficial/commercial benefit out of the two?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm

I have mentioned Malaysian airlines in the past and have a mate that is in their marketing department in London. Seems a non starter as they seem to concentrate their budgets on areas and media close to their hub airports and they certainly dont fly out of Cardiff.

Cosway seems the favourite if its going to be a Malaysian sponsor. They want to expand their activities into UK and Europe.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Marc wrote:
asz wrote:

But it comes down to who is going to pay the most money, and I'm quite sure (correct me if I'm wrong) Malaysia Airlines has the more beneficial/commercial benefit out of the two?

I agree with you, it should come down to money but when the same man owns or has a majority stake in all 3 companies concerned then surely it comes down to personal preference as you stated in the original post i replied to.

VT obviously sees a bigger opportunity in the UK market for Cosway than Malaysia Airlines, we could well end up with both as sponsors of some sort, that decision is likely to be driven by more than just money.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:52 pm

whatever they decide - they better hurry up and get the bloody shirt on sale!!! always last.................... :?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Marc wrote:Carl, although I've mentioned this in another thread, and I don't want to go on, but as you're the one who keeps us informed with all the latest goings on :ayatollah: .. can I ask you, when DJ and TG went to Malaysia was there any talk of a new sponsor for the clubs shirt, as in Malaysia Airlines?
Just seems the perfect sponsor to me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marc you are correct Malaysia Airlines were interested I was told prior to the Play Off Final, so one can assume that was a deal likely to hinge on playing in the Premier League.

It would not have been an issue for DJ to discuss with TG to be honest and the company that is preferred to be shirt sponsor is Cosway which is a subsidary company of The Berjaya Group ( Vincent Tan ) but as you are aware there is another year to run on the SBOBET deal, but it doesn't mean it wont happen obviously.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Carl, thanks for your reply, I can now put this Malaysian airline sponsor to bed :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: