Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRISTOL ROVERS ON VERGE OF A DOUBLE SIGNING

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 am

Warren Feeney and Tony Capaldi on verge of signing for Rovers.
Also Rovers New stadium set to be completed by September 2011 with a 22,000 Capacity.

Last night,Charlton increase their offer to Feeney.

Re: BRISTOL ROVERS ON VERGE OF A DOUBLE SIGNING

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am

feeney to rover please i hate charlton

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:11 am

I must be blind but what can anyone see in Feeny, he can't beat a player he no good in the air and he has no pace, other than that he could be in the premiership

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 am

Eddie, Sorry to have upset you but that is my opinion and I thought this site was to express opinions. Have you ever slagged of any member of CCFC staff...I think you have

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:43 am

Roy I am with you - If the talent isin't present however many chances you get you will not improve

Remember we have come a long way & we need a better calibre of players these days

Good luck Warren & hope you do well for the wurzels

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 am

wILL WE GET ANY MONEY FOR HIM?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks, the bottom line is we require players of the calibra of chops, jay and ross and I am sorry but warren will never reach those standards, but I do wish him all the best with the rest of his career.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 am

Neither exciting signing for rovers but solid players for that division.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:54 am

he will do fine for rovers

hes no longer of championship standard but I can see him playing for a top 6 league one side and doing well

hes a very " busy " player

reminds me of paul brayson ..not an out and out stiker ...so shouldnt be expected to score loads of goals

but a useful link up player

good luck to him

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:58 am

he reminds me of layton maxwell :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 am

Roy wrote:I must be blind but what can anyone see in Feeny, he can't beat a player he no good in the air and he has no pace, other than that he could be in the premiership

Proven Internationalist..... might be a start.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 am

It is a good move for Feeney. He can score goals at League One level. And it's close to his home too, so all in all ideal. I hope he does well for Rovers - three years of his career have been wasted under DJ, who, let's face it, didn't give him a chance. I said to Annis he was not as good as Jay, Chops or Ross - but he was an option. He was the plan B at times, which DJ blatantly refused to utilise. There were plenty of times where we were chasing games and, to be honest, our strikers were out of options. Feeney offered something different which could've unlocked the opposition defences. We will never know now, but I hope he proves a lot of people wrong by getting a hat-ful at Rovers.

As for Capaldi - I am surprised he's going to Rovers. I don't know his situation with his family, but I'm sure he could've got a deal at a championship club. Not for a promotion chasing team, but he could do a job for a Leeds, Barnsley, Millwall type team.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Warren Feeney and Tony Capaldi on verge of signing for Rovers.
Also Rovers New stadium set to be completed by September 2011 with a 22,000 Capacity.

Really can't see this happening. I live very close to the current stadium, the plan is to knock the stadium down and build the new one on the same site along with a load of student accommodation. The company funding the student accommodation pulled out a couple of years ago and they haven't been able to replace them, a lot of the finance is supposed to come from the building of the flats.

They haven't actually done any work on knocking down the new stadium yet and both Rovers and Bristol Rugby are due to play there this season, if they could get the funding together (I don't think this will ever happen, they've been talking about since I arrived in Bristol 7 or 8 years ago) then they would have to knock the stadium down and build a new one on top of it between the end of next season and the start of the next. Can't see it happening at all and that's without taking into account the opposition from the locals - the stadium is in a residential area with very little room to expand.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 pm

asz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Warren Feeney and Tony Capaldi on verge of signing for Rovers.

Really can't see this happening. I live very close to the current stadium, the plan is to knock the stadium down and build the new one on the same site along with a load of student accommodation. The company funding the student accommodation pulled out a couple of years ago and they haven't been able to replace them, a lot of the finance is supposed to come from the building of the flats.

They haven't actually done any work on knocking down the new stadium yet and both Rovers and Bristol Rugby are due to play there this season, if they could get the funding together (I don't think this will ever happen, they've been talking about since I arrived in Bristol 7 or 8 years ago) then they would have to knock the stadium down and build a new one on top of it between the end of next season and the start of the next. Can't see it happening at all and that's without taking into account the opposition from the locals - the stadium is in a residential area with very little room to expand.

They showed Warren the plans yesterday and yes it is on the same site and the work starts in 3 months.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm

where is rovers new ground annis. give me rovers any time over bcfc sly bastards

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:51 pm

It doesn't suprise me that they've shown him the plans, they've had them drawn up for years :D

Fair play to them if they pull it off, I just can't see them having the money to do it or being able to pull down the existing stadium and rebuild it while there are two teams playing there. Rovers were originally due to play at Cheltenham and Bristol Rugby at Newport while it was being redeveloped over two seasons, to do it in one and with both teams still playing there is ambitious to say the least. I'm not doubting the info passed on to you btw, more doubting the possibility of it actually being completed.

Current ground:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?um=1&ie=U ... CBkQnwIwAA

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

asz wrote:It doesn't suprise me that they've shown him the plans, they've had them drawn up for years :D

Fair play to them if they pull it off, I just can't see them having the money to do it or being able to pull down the existing stadium and rebuild it while there are two teams playing there. Rovers were originally due to play at Cheltenham and Bristol Rugby at Newport while it was being redeveloped over two seasons, to do it in one and with both teams still playing there is ambitious to say the least. I'm not doubting the info passed on to you btw, more doubting the possibility of it actually being completed.

Current ground:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?um=1&ie=U ... CBkQnwIwAA

Prob the Chairman selling Warren the Club :roll:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Warren not good enough for the championship but may do it in a lower league. Good luck to him