Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Merthyr

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Does any one remeber when we played Merthyr tydfil in a friendly and it kicked off with the police :shock:
I went to this game with my mates and couldnt believe wat i was seeing , any one remeber this ?
Btw i wouldnt mind us having another game at merthyr as it was not a bad day all in all :)

Re: Merthyr

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 pm

2 years ago?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah it was 2 seasons ago. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah bit nuts that game for a pre season

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah, didn't know what all that fighting was over, any idea? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:33 pm

This pissed up fan was acting a knob and after a few others fans asked him to calm, went off his head abit and started on this other fan and it just escalated from there if I remember rightly

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Ahh right, would love to have Merthyr in a friendly this year. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:45 pm

It would be down Taffs well so wouldnt be far for City fans

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am

Merthyr fans (kids) were scratching cars, knocking wing mirrors off and genrally being anti cardiff

we are welsh, and a friendly and always try and help them out, wankers

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 am

Ben wrote:Merthyr fans (kids) were scratching cars, knocking wing mirrors off and genrally being anti cardiff

we are welsh, and a friendly and always try and help them out, wankers

Ben, that is wrong, the only kids who follow Merthyr are aged 10 and under, I think I would be right in saying that Me and who I go with are the only people my age who go. It was caused as Walker said by a drunken "youth" being too mouthy.

Merthyr couldnt play tcardiff at taffswell as the ground isn't big enough for safety reasons.

And the game was 2008 so two seasons ago as stated

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 am

cardiff should come up the rhondda and play ton pentre

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 am

bridgend town would be a good friendly as i think they play in the brewery ground now

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:01 pm

im not wrong, there was trouble, cardiff fans had their cars touched, even the players coach if i remember right, they were drunken lads running a mockery and looking for trouble

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Ben wrote:im not wrong, there was trouble, cardiff fans had their cars touched, even the players coach if i remember right, they were drunken lads running a mockery and looking for trouble

It must have been cardiff fans cos as I said there are no kids who watch merthyr

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Ben wrote:im not wrong, there was trouble, cardiff fans had their cars touched, even the players coach if i remember right, they were drunken lads running a mockery and looking for trouble

Yeah they were Cardiff not Merthyr. I walked down the high streets and these pissed up Cardiff fans sung and hit a few cars as they were walking past. These Kids started singing Swansea songs to them but they didnt smash the bus and cars