Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Royal Mint Llantristant

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:03 pm

This is the place where they make the wonga right? why can't they go in 2morow and print 1.5bn off in fiftys and go pay our debt off? all legal tender :ayatollah:

Re: Royal Mint Llantristant

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Ben wrote:This is the place where they make the wonga right? why can't they go in 2morow and print 1.5bn off in fiftys and go pay our debt off? all legal tender :ayatollah:

Because that tenner in your wallet would be worth about a quid and we'd be even more in the shit :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 pm

how many people like in britian? 61mil ? what if we all pay say £100 (or how ever much) and wipe the debt out, it could help us long term

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I can't remember what the exact figures are, but it would have to be around £15,000 each to clear it I think!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Owain wrote:I can't remember what the exact figures are, but it would have to be around £15,000 each to clear it I think!

For every person in this country, man and child, the figure owed is £20,000. :shock:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 pm

ouch :o

i hate all these big money men who sit around doing nothing, all the bankers and goverment etc, all livingin thier own little world, put them all on mim wage :twisted:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Ben how is life in that little bubble of yours?!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Owain wrote:
Ben wrote:This is the place where they make the wonga right? why can't they go in 2morow and print 1.5bn off in fiftys and go pay our debt off? all legal tender :ayatollah:

Because that tenner in your wallet would be worth about a quid and we'd be even more in the shit :lol:

No, not all in the shit. Only the ones with money in the bank would be in the shit. For the majority who are in debt it would be happy days, their debts would be devalued. It doesn't matter how much a tenner is worth to you when you don't have a tenner in the first place.

What gets me is all this shit was caused by the banks and the big money men but it's us who have to pay the price. Get those rich bastards to front up, they caused it, they can pay for it. They won't be making any "tough cut backs" we will.

These governments, both Labour and Tory, murdered British industry because they weren't making enough profit to sell off. Yet they could find 12.5bn to bail these rich bankers out who still paid themselves huge bonuses. I don't think that is right, sorry but I don't.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Not quite just those with money in the bank, what about peoples wages?
It would almost certainly lead to hyperinflation eventually which would affect everyone.

Just look what has happened to Zimbabwe when they had the same idea.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Owain wrote:Not quite just those with money in the bank, what about peoples wages?
It would almost certainly lead to hyperinflation eventually which would affect everyone.

Just look what has happened to Zimbabwe when they had the same idea.

Yes I know, but what you are forgetting is that for most people in this country there's no money left at the end of the month anyway. At the end of the day skint is skint.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Owain wrote:I can't remember what the exact figures are, but it would have to be around £15,000 each to clear it I think!

For every person in this country, man and child, the figure owed is £20,000. :shock:

I'll find the link somwhere tomorrow but the actual figure may well be £90,000.

That being said this is a very long term debt so inflation will make that figure much lower.

Still, times will be shit and looks like we'll be heading to a 90s Japan recession.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 am

That's how much it'll probably end up costing, with the interest etc.

At the moment it stands at around 900bn, and with a population of 60m it equals roughly 15,000 per person in the UK.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:26 am

One of the problems with your suggestion Ben is that the Mint don`t print banknotes in Llantrisant - they only do coins.

Even in £2 ones , your suggestion would take a hell of a lot of carrying :D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: well we can start making £100 coins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:01 pm

since62 wrote:

One of the problems with your suggestion Ben is that the Mint don`t print banknotes in Llantrisant - they only do coins.

Even in £2 ones , your suggestion would take a hell of a lot of carrying :D

Well if they ONLY make coins. Where do all the Polo's come from then? :lol: