Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT'S TIME TO DECIDE

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:50 pm

For Craig Bellamy.

The time has come Craig for you to decide whether this is going to happen or not, it is great to hear of the stories that you want to come and you tell people at your childs school you want to come now, but there has to be sacrifices on your part in terms of pay.

We are Cardiff City not a top 6 Premiership club who can afford the wages that is expected for a player of your calibre, our club has made two offers for you to Man City and both have been rejected by them, I have to say that if you want it to happen you got to help the deal too.

As much as I respect the fact that you do wish to come now you must understand that it would simply not happen just like that. Dave Jones wants you, the fans want you but lets face it would DJ be chasing after you if you had not given the nod to do so.

Can Cardiff City afford a third of your current wage, then it is plainly obvious, no we cant. Will Vincent Tan back DJ in getting you then yes he will but not foolishly he wont. So for me Craig Bellamy, you have started the fire, you fanned the flames but unless you want to come onboard and do the necessary thing then I think it is time the club pour water on it.

Re: IT'S TIME TO DECIDE

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 pm

is bellend reading this forum now then? :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:57 pm

ihatealiens wrote:is bellend reading this forum now then? :lol:

NO not quite Aliens but there has to be reality though, what I am saying is we all get carried away and no more so than me, but look where we were just several weeks ago.

Would DJ be going after Bellamy if he had not been given the green light by Bellamy to do so, no he would not have.

Bellamy knew when he spoke out what would happen but I dont think ke has thought through the whole situation.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Carl is there any substance to the Pratley rumour

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:

NO not quite Aliens but there has to be reality though, what I am saying is we all get carried away and no more so than me, but look where we were just several weeks ago.

Would DJ be going after Bellamy if he had not been given the green light by Bellamy to do so, no he would not have.

Bellamy knew when he spoke out what would happen but I dont think ke has thought through the whole situation.

Well we would all love him here but maybe not this season we just cant afford him surely?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl is there any substance to the Pratley rumour

Non Starter

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Well we would all love him here but maybe not this season we just cant afford him surely?

We cant if we are going to run a business and run it properly.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes Carl, 8 months ago in St Johns school on 2 occasions he said he would be joining us next season and said he wanted to finish his career here while he was still at the top,We cant afford his wages and he knows that and we would be mad too, if he wants to come here he will have to take a pay cut himself, it would not be as bad as people think a if he dropped say £50,000 a week thats really only £25,000 Net and I am sure there would be big sponsors out there in to help.
Bellamy its over to you as I heard today we are not coming back with a 3rd offer.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl is there any substance to the Pratley rumour

I started it to wind up the Jacks and it worked even better than I thought. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes Carl, 8 months ago in St Johns school on 2 occasions he said he would be joining us next season and said he wanted to finish his career here while he was still at the top,We cant afford his wages and he knows that and we would be mad too, if he wants to come here he will have to take a pay cut himself, it would not be as bad as people think a if he dropped say £50,000 a week thats really only £25,000 Net and I am sure there would be big sponsors out there in to help.
Bellamy its over to you as I heard today we are not coming back with a 3rd offer.

Correct, he is on £90k per week, after tax that would leave him with £54k per week.

I do believe that a private deal could be done locally with Bellamy to boost his income if necessary, but he cant expect the club to keep upping the offers.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes Carl, 8 months ago in St Johns school on 2 occasions he said he would be joining us next season and said he wanted to finish his career here while he was still at the top,We cant afford his wages and he knows that and we would be mad too, if he wants to come here he will have to take a pay cut himself, it would not be as bad as people think a if he dropped say £50,000 a week thats really only £25,000 Net and I am sure there would be big sponsors out there in to help.

Would extra TV coverage revenue (as there surely would be) shirt sales/other items and extra gate receipts etc not help the cause though?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Well we can put that one out the window because he wont take a pay cut time to move on :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:Non Starter

For Pratley, read Bellamy. That's been a non-starter since day one. Fantasy Island stuff.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:19 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Non Starter

For Pratley, read Bellamy. That's been a non-starter since day one. Fantasy Island stuff.

But Dave, City did go after him and Dave Jones put him at the top of his list, Steve Borleys words.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:But Dave, City did go after him and Dave Jones put him at the top of his list, Steve Borleys words.

Regardlessof who said what, it was never going to happen. Common sense tells us that.

Our club's playing budget is almost certain to be cut this year. The club can't afford to pay its existing wage bill (and the taxes that go with it), never mind shell out huge sums to pay a genuine Premiership player like Bellamy. The chances of him dropping a division at this stage of his career are extremely remote. The chances of him coming to a club with a financial background like ours are zero.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:26 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:But Dave, City did go after him and Dave Jones put him at the top of his list, Steve Borleys words.

Regardlessof who said what, it was never going to happen. Common sense tells us that.

Our club's playing budget is almost certain to be cut this year. The club can't afford to pay its existing wage bill (and the taxes that go with it), never mind shell out huge sums to pay a genuine Premiership player like Bellamy. The chances of him dropping a division at this stage of his career are extremely remote. The chances of him coming to a club with a financial background like ours are zero.

What your saying thats what I really believe but the point is he said it and City made 2 approaches for him.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Was told today Bellamy has recently bought another property in Cardiff.

A pub! :ayatollah: :lol:
Don't know whether that's true and it doesn't give an indication into anything about a move (as he has a house down here already), but i'd thought i'd share it :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Ross Young wrote:Was told today Bellamy has recently bought another property in Cardiff.

A pub! :ayatollah: :lol:
Don't know whether that's true and it doesn't give an indication into anything about a move (as he has a house down here already), but i'd thought i'd share it :lol:

Ross, I genuine believe he would come if the wages were matched, but I wouldnt pay them if I owned Cardiff City.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Cant we pay him cash in hand

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm

annis, carl, do you honestley think he will come ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:10 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:annis, carl, do you honestley think he will come ? :ayatollah:

Yes City want him, but hand on heart I dont think there is a prob with dropping a league, its the Wages, So I reckon NO.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:30 pm

I must be missing something here. Why is it Bellamy that needs to make the next move?

Surely the negotiations are between Cardiff and Man City as they are not willing to pay the bulk of his wages.

Are we saying that Bellamy has to re-negotiate his contract with Man City so that we can then afford the percentage that they are asking for? That will NEVER happen.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm

ffs lets move on not gonna happen :?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 pm

First and foremost reality dictates that this move was/is never going to happen.

However, there was a chance ( a very very slim chance) of signing Bellamy. I think given our current situation and Bellamy's calibre this was a once in a life time opportunity that was worth pursuing.

I commend VT and Jones for trying their best.

If we sign him then I'll eat my hat and take my hat off to them. That being said I will have grave concerns should we not achieve promotion IF we sign him

PS: I will eat my hat once I've taken it off

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 am

carlccfc wrote:For Craig Bellamy.

The time has come Craig for you to decide whether this is going to happen or not, it is great to hear of the stories that you want to come and you tell people at your childs school you want to come now, but there has to be sacrifices on your part in terms of pay.

We are Cardiff City not a top 6 Premiership club who can afford the wages that is expected for a player of your calibre, our club has made two offers for you to Man City and both have been rejected by them, I have to say that if you want it to happen you got to help the deal too.

As much as I respect the fact that you do wish to come now you must understand that it would simply not happen just like that. Dave Jones wants you, the fans want you but lets face it would DJ be chasing after you if you had not given the nod to do so.

Can Cardiff City afford a third of your current wage, then it is plainly obvious, no we cant. Will Vincent Tan back DJ in getting you then yes he will but not foolishly he wont. So for me Craig Bellamy, you have started the fire, you fanned the flames but unless you want to come onboard and do the necessary thing then I think it is time the club pour water on it.

He won't come, we can't afford him time to move on to more realistic targets.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:51 am

Move on - what with a 34 year old tank from Leicester

Thats more like the city I know

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 am

play for ccfc or run cardiff pub :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Move on - what with a 34 year old tank from Leicester

Thats more like the city I know

Nope find the next Cameron Jerome and the next Roger Johnson !!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 am

Ok, here's an idea, maybe a bit of an out of left field one.

What if the club could organise packages with regards to Bellamy - contact local businesses, totuing it as sponsorship deals. See if a number would be interested in contributing towards his wages, give them prominent advertising as a consequence, Prem club bits as well.

Could be worth a try.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 am

carlccfc wrote:For Craig Bellamy.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: