Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TWO QUESTIONS TO EVERYONE ? ?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Do you now mind or still mind sharing with the Rugby ?

I cant stand it and never will accept it, but thats just My Opinion.

Do you mind that 3 of our main shareholders are Rugby people and have no interest in Football ?

I Do but it would take 3 pages on my reasons why I am against it, but as long as they are willing to finally put money in with the Malaysians then I cant argue. :roll:

Not stirring it up, just wanting peoples Opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: TWO QUESTIONS TO EVERYONE ? ?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Do you now mind or still mind sharing with the Rugby ?

Do you mind that 3 of our main shareholders are Rugby people and have no interest in Football ?

I Do but it would take 3 pages on my reasons why I am against it, but as long as they are willing to finally put money in with the Malaysians then I cant argue. :roll:

I dont mind sharing with the Rugby. Donest bother me aslong as the pitch stays good.

Rugby shareholders. Well aslong as they know what they are doing and have Cardiff City at heart ten i have no problems. If they are there doing nothing then they can get fucked :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 pm

I would rather not share, & i beleive the majority of CB fans would rather not aswell.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:09 pm

I hate sharing with the egg & don't like the idea of Egg people running the club

Annis, any truth in this Pratley rumour

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:09 pm

i dont care that we share with the eggs, as long as they dont ruin the pitch.

and as for the share holders being rugby boys, well i dont mind as long as it doesnt influence them at all, anyone willing to invest in the club is o.k by me. :D

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I would rather not share, & i beleive the majority of CB fans would rather not aswell.

Rick, The Majority cant stand sharing or using our stadium.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 pm

I would love it if the Blues moved out, but can't see it happening any time soon. Just to see our badge, the only badge on the outside of the stadium would be great. But I would also love it if the Wales Football team played their home matches down the CCS, instead of moving them around the country. I also feel that we should have flags, flying from the top of the stadium to represent the nations within the football club to show that, this club is represented by many people, from many different backgrounds.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I would rather not share, & i beleive the majority of CB fans would rather not aswell.

I know this for a fact Annis, my wife's uncle & cousin are CB season ticket fans & they can't stand the CCS, they love their Arms park & want to go back.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I know this for a fact Annis, my wife's uncle & cousin are CB season ticket fans & they can't stand the CCS, they love there Arms park & want to go back.

I totally agree with you as I have heard the same.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:15 pm

i dont like that bloody big rugby badge on the outside though.

my father in law is into his rugby and he says most of the fans want to move back.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm

rob wrote:i dont like that bloody big rugby badge on the outside though.

my father in law is into his rugby and he says most of the fans want to move back.

Carl, Vince and myself were talking about them yesterday, I hate looking at them, Did you know Vince Alm and The CCFC Supporters Club had to pay for ours as Thanks to the Riddler there was no money for our Badges, cost the Supporters Club Thousands.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Do you now mind or still mind sharing with the Rugby ?
I would rather they didnt tbh and I HATE seeing the blues signs on the front of the stadium, drives me mad. However if we are as broke as it seems then it doesnt bother me that much. I cant remember the figure but im sure they pay a decent amount of the running costs of the stadium + the fee for using the stadium.

For example if the money they pay us meant we had enough extra money to sign one extra player a season then so be it :ayatollah:

The fact they are egg chasers doesnt bother me really, would prefer they were city fans of course but thats not the case. Im more concerned about there actions than what sport they like.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rob wrote:i dont like that bloody big rugby badge on the outside though.

Carl, Vince and myself were talking about them yesterday, I hate looking at them, Did you know Vince Alm and The CCFC Supporters Club had to pay for ours as Thanks to the Riddler there was no money for our Badges, cost the Supporters Club Thousands.

no.i didnt know that. :shock: but somehow it doesnt surprise me.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

To be honest, it doesn't bother me in the slightest that we are sharing with the thugby. They don't really play that many matches there anyways. The pitch was shocking last season cos we didn't have the grow lamps.

As for the 3 on the board, well as long as they back the City then no worries. If they start to hold us back then I can see a March coming on in March ;)

I just think the extra income is needed.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm

chippy909 wrote:

I dont mind sharing with the Rugby. Donest bother me aslong as the pitch stays good.

Couldn't of put it better myself

Rugby shareholders. Well aslong as they know what they are doing and have Cardiff City at heart ten i have no problems. If they are there doing nothing then they can get fucked :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:39 pm

chippy909 wrote:

Couldn't of put it better myself

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't care what sport people like, as long as they are working in the club for the good of the club. If not, then as I've said in previous posts, they can f**k off.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I don't mind sharing with the rugby because it brings more money our way. Saying that I wish they'd contribute money to the articifical lighting that would make the pitch better rather than just sitting around and f*cking the pitch up.

I also don't mind what sport the board members like unless it infringes on their ability to do the job to the best of the post's ability.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

ai don't care about sharing the ground but I am worried that the egg will get priority with the finances

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

after years of the wru, welsh press, school teachers and the brainwashed welsh rugby supporting public looking down their noses and putting us down i think its funny that that one of the top welsh rugby teams have to pay little old ccfc rent to play on OUR pitch. but if i had my way i wouldn't have them anywhere near ccs.
dont trust rugby people in charge of our club at the end of the end of the day just look at the state of rugby. most clubs are in the shit financially :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Sharing with the Rugby doesn't bother me.

3 Eggies on the board, then that's not good.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm

I'd prefer not to share with the egg. Their badges can come down off the stadium asap and 'City' added, in white, to the Ninian Stand seats too.

StT.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:20 pm

I want a football stadium with football people running it.Period.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't like it. It takes away the stadium's mystique imo when it can be viewed half empty for the egg numpty matches on Sky. We will NEVER maintain a quality pitch whilst the overweight handballers are playing there.

As for the board, I want to see the leaches gone. They don't care about football or cardiff city and have probably lost interest now that Riddy has been booted out and no Prem League.

Jusy my opinion :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Not stirring it up, just wanting peoples Opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1. I don't hold anything against Cardiff Blues. I will support any Cardiff based team - obviously nowhere near Cardiff City. They're paying a tenancy and I would be more bothered being a Blues fan playing in a souless, empty stadium that has no affinity to their club.

2. Yes and no to the rugby board. They're only here for the short term. Aren't they part of a hedge fund? Like it or lump it, in my opinion, the stadium wouldn;t ahve gone through without both theirs and the Blues involvement. In the medium to long term I want them out and I'm sure they're no different.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 am

All revenue streams are important to the club, It is simple we need all the cash we can get. As long as the pitch holds up then it doesn't worry me.
All Blues supporters want to return to the arms park but they cannot afford to do that so they are in the same boat as us.

Eggies on the board - what can we do about it !

I think the question we should be asking is where are the local money men with a passion for football ?

Methinks that the riddler has done more damage to our reputation than we realise.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 am

Annis,

Ridsdale outlined the deal City have struck with the Blues on the ground share. Unless he was lying (which I wouldn't put past him) it seemed like a good deal for Cardiff. I personally thought the Blues were being ripped off, which made me chuckle as they don't want to share a ground with us either!! Do I like that when the Blues are playing home, there's an overweight egg chaser drinking beer in my ST seat. Nope, not one bit - but then if, by that egger being there, puts more money in the City's coffers, then so be it.

As far the three rugby boys running our club. Well, them not caring about football might help in a way because it means they're purely business minded and want to make buck. When Guy took a closer look at what Ridsdale was doing, he made the move to oust him as he saw PR was incabable of wiping his own arse, let alone run a football club. I'm glad they're there in the background, plugging away, with Borley - who nobody can doubt his passion for the club - working alongside them. Ideally, I'd like a full buy-out from the Malaysians as soon as possible, as long as they keep Borley on board.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am

I have no issues with Cardiff Blues playing at OUR ground, I've always believed that it makes sound commercial sense. We're led to believe that they pay us upwards of £1m per annum - hardly money we can turn down at the present time.

It's well documented that Blues fans hate going to CCS. Let's be honest, club rugby fans were never the greatest travellers and it's a long way from CAP to the CCS!!! However, they will never return to their old ground as we all know that's going to be swallowed up by finishing the MS and 5* hotel complex. I presume Messrs. Hall and Guy will have their grubby mitts all over that nice little earner?!!!!

I've always had my concerns about Guy and Hall and made them known on here before. I would much prefer a large, locally based company to invest in our club with one or two of their senior managers joining the board. That's unlikely so we need TG and his gang to buy out the rugby boys - again, not likely.

Is it true that Michael Isaacs is back "on board?"

BTW, I presume you've included Gethin Jenkins in the list of "rugby people?" Give the bloke a break and let's wait and see how he functions as our CEO.