Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marlon King

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Coventry and QPR are considering signing former Hull striker Marlon King when he comes out of prison this summer following his sentence for sexual assault.
Full story: Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... lease.html

No rumour or anything like that but would you welcome King at the club. No doubt this guy has talent and is just what we are looking for in terms of back up to Jay or even to play alongside him if needed but would you welcome this type of person/character at the club?

Re: Marlon King

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

I wouldnt want a player who is charged with sexual assault at Cardiff.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

very talented player but would not want him at cardiff

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Not for me........Bacon Bonce.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 pm

His past wouldn't bother me

But is he in the right frame of mind ?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Not at all NO! The chants from opposing fans, and our own on occasions, will be negative towards the rest of the team. And like a burden. I say let someone else have him - so we can take the piss instead!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Agree with Tomas Fishinski here. I wouldn't have wanted Lee Hughes at our club and I don't want Marlon King at our club. I won't generalise and say I don't want any convicted players here because each case is different but in King's case he can f**k it.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:34 pm

he didnt sexually assault anybody. he punched a girl in a club.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Keep him inside best place for him

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm

If he's available and upto the job then why not?

He's done his time. Not as if he raped her.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 pm

i heard somewhere (don't know if its true) but while in prison, he's become an islamic extremist :shock:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:13 pm

bloobird_james wrote:i heard somewhere (don't know if its true) but while in prison, he's become an islamic extremist :shock:

http://www.football.co.uk/wigan_athletic/marlon_king-_shamed_former_wigan_star_converts_to_islam_and_names_himself_after_hero_abu_hamza_rss696605.shtml

I thought i remembered reading it as well there is the link..

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm

I'd never have him play in my team.

Especially as he has become a muslim extremist (I've heard this elsewhere as well as in this post).

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 pm

kingdong wrote:he didnt sexually assault anybody. he punched a girl in a club.

he's been done for sexual assault aswell, its says in the link posted by CCFC1990

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:48 pm

yeah, drink drivers are ok though???

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 pm

ninianblue wrote:yeah, drink drivers are ok though???

You have to draw the line somewhere. Historically, we've done OK at that ala Robin Friday, Nathan Blake, Charlie Oatway.

Personally, people like Marlon King, Lee Hughes, and that Plymouth keeper would be crossing the line.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 am

Sorry but Lee Hughes and Mcgoldrick are changed characters, it really shook them up, sure they shouldn't have done it but Lee Hughes I know for a fact has done a lot of charity work for the familly

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:53 am

Yes but lee Hughes killed someone and left them
for dead. IMO not in the same league as Kings
crime.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:18 am

I wouldn't want him because he's shit....and disruptive. It's not the first time he's been over the wall either.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 am

I'm not saying the level of their crimes is comparable to King's. I'm saying that both have crossed the line (theirs further down the line). They may well be redeemed but I seriously don't think I could support or cheer them on.