Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bellamy - how we could get him?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 am

How about promising to stick 500k into his sierra leonne project
And doubling it if we get promoted? Then stick at around 20k a
Week wages for him.

He can't lose, and aren't charity donations tax exempt or summat?
So everyones happy except the taxman, but only cos there's less
Money for him to dig into?

Re: bellamy - how we could get him?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 am

its not a case of tempting him with his charity abroad

apprently its Man city wanting us to stomp up for for his wages!! he wants to come, we want him

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:24 am

Ben wrote:its not a case of tempting him with his charity abroad

apprently its Man city wanting us to stomp up for for his wages!! he wants to come, we want him

Ben I realise that mate, but say we tell Man City to worry about 50% of his wages and we'll negotiate
With Craig over the rest. He pays a load to his charity every year. We tell him not to bother next season
As we'll do it for him to the tune of 500k (or 1m if we're promoted. Then pay him about 20k a week in
Wages. He can't lose, and I'm sure the club wouldn'( get hammered for tax on a charity donation?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:How about promising to stick 500k into his sierra leonne project
Week wages for him.

I posted this weeks ago when we were discussing bellamy. It would tax efficient for both parties as every £0.5million we put into his charity is the same as £1million in wages. The club would save in NI contributions to and probably get some sort of tax break on the donation.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:How about promising to stick 500k into his sierra leonne project
Week wages for him.

I posted this weeks ago when we were discussing bellamy. It would tax efficient for both parties as every £0.5million we put into his charity is the same as £1million in wages. The club would save in NI contributions to and probably get some sort of tax break on the donation.

can we all stop talking about bellamy now its not going to happen we cant afford it

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Signing Bellers would add 2k to a home gate say £50k a fortnight. Add in shirt sales and some spin off tv revenue form incerased interest in us and its very affordable, almost a no brainer, go get him!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Kidnap him. :old:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Man city pay Bellamy directly! We would have to pay man city DIRECTLY 50% of the wages! The only negotiating power we have is with man city only!! This deal is now DEAD in my eyes. Let's move on!