Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"IN MY OPINION WE STILL NEED NEW PEOPLE ON BOARD"

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 am

and many still to leave our club.Yes Ridsdale has gone, but the people left behind in My Opinion are not football people and have no care for our Club, we still need a mass clear out.
Its GREAT/AMAZING that the Malaysians are now on board and for 9 months I kept saying they will def join us, when many doubted, but they have no idea how a football club is run and I feel they still need a Captain to steer the ship as there are still many people who are still in Our Club who were the ones who put The Riddler in charge and in my opinion could betray the Malaysians.
I was hoping for a total clear out, but that cant happen till some of these people are paid up and that needs to happen now rather than later.
Many on here will disagree and prob wonder what I am going on about, but watch the coming months very slowly.

Just one thought, THE MALAYSIANS Have put £6 million in and its all gone,there is enough money in the pot to pay all the wages till the end of August.
Then the Malaysians will be asked to fund it and they will, just like if and when we find the right player they will fund it, but at the same time they will expect the other major shareholders/Directors to cough up at the same time, then you will see what I mean.
Those who mean to be serious players will stay on board and then those who have just taken and been there for themselves,will finally come to the attention of the Malaysians, the sooner this happens the better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some will say what is he going on about, well just watch these coming months and wait and see .
ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "IN MY OPINION WE STILL NEED NEW PEOPLE ON BOARD"

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:42 am

:ayatollah: EGG CHASERS OUT :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:44 am

Ben wrote::ayatollah: EGG CHASERS OUT :ayatollah:

Yes Ben there are 3 of them still here and we need them gone as soon as.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:50 am

MAYBE a fresh investment from borley is due after all when was his last CASH investment to the club

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:57 am

he always puts in, has never taken a penny out , wish we had more borleys :roll:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:12 am

Ben wrote:he always puts in, has never taken a penny out , wish we had more borleys :roll:

I don't think anybody would do it for free ( company car's, tax breaks, expenses , .... he would be mad to )

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 am

To be fair, anybody is better than the Riddler.

Right now, even before the season has started, there have been a few decisions in which most don't agree.

However, I think that they are still finding their feet in the CCS, so we need to give them longer to decide.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:47 am

Yes, Borley has invested heavily in CCFC both in terms of money and time.

However, and rightly so, his company have benefitted in terms of contracts within the club e.g. CCS.

I'd also like to see certain rugby orientated members of our board leave as I do not believe that they have the best interests of our club at heart. Sadly, I do not see this happening as they've too much capital invested in CCFC and we cannot afford to buy them out.

Whilst I'm pleased, and very grateful, that TG et al have rescued our club, it remains a damning endictment that the great and good monied people of south Wales continue to ignore us. Borley aside, when did the last local rich individual invest in our great club? Too busy spending it on eggchasing sadly!!! The same applies to major companies based in and around Cardiff - I believe Admiral Insurance are now sponsoring the WRU, taking over from Brains. I maybe wrong, but I believe these companies are not forward thinking enough as investment in CCFC would see their brand marketed worldwide, not just to 3 or 4 countries who play rugby!!! Ok, I'm biased, but you get my point.

Can you imagine the scramble to get onboard if we'd made it to the premiership last season?

Let's hope TG and co. can engage with the local business community better than previous regimes. We need them now, hopefully they will need us in the very near future.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Yes, Borley has invested heavily in CCFC both in terms of money and time.

However, and rightly so, his company have benefitted in terms of contracts within the club e.g. CCS.

I'd also like to see certain rugby orientated members of our board leave as I do not believe that they have the best interests of our club at heart. Sadly, I do not see this happening as they've too much capital invested in CCFC and we cannot afford to buy them out.

Whilst I'm pleased, and very grateful, that TG et al have rescued our club, it remains a damning endictment that the great and good monied people of south Wales continue to ignore us. Borley aside, when did the last local rich individual invest in our great club? Too busy spending it on eggchasing sadly!!! The same applies to major companies based in and around Cardiff - I believe Admiral Insurance are now sponsoring the WRU, taking over from Brains. I maybe wrong, but I believe these companies are not forward thinking enough as investment in CCFC would see their brand marketed worldwide, not just to 3 or 4 countries who play rugby!!! Ok, I'm biased, but you get my point.

Can you imagine the scramble to get onboard if we'd made it to the premiership last season?

Let's hope TG and co. can engage with the local business community better than previous regimes. We need them now, hopefully they will need us in the very near future.

Fair play Claude, Excellent post and were on the same side :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
No serious, we have to get the Rugby people out of our club, they are still bleeding it.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Yes, Borley has invested heavily in CCFC both in terms of money and time.

Cracking Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was also wondering why local major companies weren't scrambling over themselves to sponsor the club, as you point out Claude the brand would be marketed worldwide. :?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

If Brains have ended their affiliation with the WRU then you would hope that the first thing our marketing department wold be doing is speaking to them. Maybe this is somwhere where the eggies may come in handy as surely the likes of Mike Hall would be familiar with the Brains hierarchy as so should Gethin Jenkins.
It should be a pretty good option for Brains too, far less outlay to exposure ratio should City get promoted.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:and many still to leave our club.Yes Ridsdale has gone, but the people left behind in My Opinion are not football people and have no care for our Club, we still need a mass clear out.
Its GREAT/AMAZING that the Malaysians are now on board and for 9 months I kept saying they will def join us, when many doubted, but they have no idea how a football club is run and I feel they still need a Captain to steer the ship as there are still many people who are still in Our Club who were the ones who put The Riddler in charge and in my opinion could betray the Malaysians.
I was hoping for a total clear out, but that cant happen till some of these people are paid up and that needs to happen now rather than later.
Many on here will disagree and prob wonder what I am going on about, but watch the coming months very slowly.

Just one thought, THE MALAYSIANS Have put £6 million in and its all gone,there is enough money in the pot to pay all the wages till the end of August.
Then the Malaysians will be asked to fund it and they will, just like if and when we find the right player they will fund it, but at the same time they will expect the other major shareholders/Directors to cough up at the same time, then you will see what I mean.
Those who mean to be serious players will stay on board and then those who have just taken and been there for themselves,will finally come to the attention of the Malaysians, the sooner this happens the better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some will say what is he going on about, well just watch these coming months and wait and see .

Annis, I have no idea about the internal runnings of a football club. Who or what type of person filling which role would you suggest?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 am

So you're saying get rid of Paul Guy now?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:37 am

No local business would have touched our club with a barge pole because of the way the riddler ran the club.

Did any of us expect a company to put their credibility at risk by being associated with a club that was going around ordering goods and services from local businesses with no intention of paying them as the riddler knew there was no funds to pay them.
Forget the ones that took out winding up orders against the club the riddler knocked scores of companies. He tried to get these companies to take free adverts and free match hospitality to contra the debts, but how would that help these companies pay their staff for the work and services already given to the club.

For us to get these companies on board like Admiral Insurance, Brains, Mitel etc, we need to get out there and connect with these organisations but how will they be viewed when the manager of the commercial department was so pro riddler. In my opinion, for what it is worth, we need as a matter of urgency a NEW commercial manager to represent the NEW CCFC run by businessmen who understands their problems and opportunities.

The riddler was never a businessman he was a crook and if I was running a successful local business i certainly wouldn't want my name and reputation to be linked with him.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:19 am

i think brains should invest our fans drink enough of their bloody beer :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:15 am

Local companies shied away from us before Ridsdale, before Hammam...

Like it or not, ywe've got a bad hooliganism reputation. Comapnies tend to shy away from that kind of association. it'll take massive amount of work to clear the reputation before larger local companies will be interested. *

* Or the shortcut of us being in the Premiership.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:and many still to leave our club.Yes Ridsdale has gone, but the people left behind in My Opinion are not football people and have no care for our Club, we still need a mass clear out.

Annis, what I have always questioned is why TG and Co only bought 30% of the club? With a small share this deadwood will remain on board as they don't have complete control. Surely with their fortunes it would have made more sense to do a complete takeover and clear these people out?

I have also been wondering whats going to happen when TG says to the other major shareholders wheres your 70% contribution to Bellamy or any other players we are looking to sign or next months wages?

Surely they are not going to chuck silly money at the club when they are a minority shareholder and the major shareholders are adding nothing to the pot?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 am

An excellent point made by nerd.

Local and national companies shied away from investing in us whilst Hammam was in charge and this continued under Ridsdales tenure.

Our hooligan reputation most certainly put off potential investors. One of the many reasons why I challenge those on here who take part, glory in it or do not condemn it.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 am

hooliganism is a big factor in local companies going with the rugby instead of football

I am afraid thats a fact , denying it is just cobblers

we still have a bad reputation in south wales outside of our supporter base , who know that things have come on in leaps and bounds

you still bump into people from time to time who when you say you are a city fan they say

" oh gosh , you are not one of those hooligans are you ? " , giggling

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 pm

I believe that the hooliganism thing is NO longer a problem getting sponsors etc, IF WE HAD BEEN PROMOTED, WE WOULD OF BEEN OVER SUBSCRIBED.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:36 pm

never thought i'd say it claude but i agree with every word, well said