Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Supercar garage in Aberdare??

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 pm

To all Aberdare members-

Did my eyes deceive me or is the old Geraint Hill garage on Cwmbach Road in Aberdare is full of Supercars???

Nearly wrapped my car round a lampost looking at those Ferrari's and Lambo's!

Anyone know what it's about?

Re: O/T Supercar garage in Aberdare??

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 pm

I,m pretty sure they are for hire, daily weekly etc. you could impress a few mated turning up for a pint in a Lamborghini, some real crackers on show, hope the night watchman is armed.lol

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm pretty sure they are kit cars

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm

i passed earlier and saw a sign saying something about hire..

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm gonna have to stop and take a closer look next time as I'm sure a few lads from Penywaun will be.......... lol.

Btw Gwyn, I was outside St Elvan's Church listening to Stuart Cables service and thought your eulogy was perfect, it raised plenty of smiles outside. He must have been one he'll of a good bloke to have as a friend, he'll never be forgotten.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

They are all replicas for hire guys!

Pass there everyday and couldnt work it out at first why they were putting all these super cars in cwmbach. It wasnt until they put the sign up that i worked it out :lol:

Still look nice tho

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Gonzo wrote:I'm gonna have to stop and take a closer look next time as I'm sure a few lads from Penywaun will be.......... lol.

Btw Gwyn, I was outside St Elvan's Church listening to Stuart Cables service and thought your eulogy was perfect, it raised plenty of smiles outside. He must have been one he'll of a good bloke to have as a friend, he'll never be forgotten.

was that you gwyn going on about his boy and drums in heaven and st peter laying down some rules ?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 pm

ackers1927 wrote:They are all replicas for hire guys!

Pass there everyday and couldnt work it out at first why they were putting all these super cars in cwmbach. It wasnt until they put the sign up that i worked it out :lol:

Still look nice tho

mystery solved!

Who the feck would want to hire a replica?? No point having a 'Ferrari' then getting done at the lights by a Austin Maestro! :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Yes it was me, you would have heard me knees knocking if you'd been there.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm

It's the old renault garage in cwmbach & they are all reps. The ferrrari is a Toyota mr2 ,I used to work with the 2 guys that own the place. I think the Ferrari is £130 per day,it's pretty much identical but like people have said you could get done at the lights buy a Clio 182 :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Gonzo wrote:Who the feck would want to hire a replica?? No point having a 'Ferrari' then getting done at the lights by a Austin Maestro! :lol:

Exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Haha shocking!!! Used to get my clio serviced there before they got rid of it. Way too many car places within that mile of road!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 am

Yep all replicas. Think the place is called replicar. Won't be wasting my money hiring one.

Excellent eulogy yesterday Gwyn; it made me think of Stuart exactly as he would have wanted and you brought a smile to everyone amongst the congregation. It was a sad day and I found it very surreal. I can't imagine ever attending a funeral like that again, and I think only Stuart could have carried it off. Was priveledged enough to be among the congregation in the church and was holding it together really well until Greg Jones broke down; that finished me off. You did Stuart proud.