Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it true Wilding is being sold?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 am

because Jones doesn't like him? if true it's a disgrace. Another one of our young gems sold, I hope not. :evil: not to mention we are already short in midfield.

Re: Is it true Wilding is being sold?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:58 am

Sorry, but I didnt think he was up to scratch at all. Not saying he wouldn't have made it, but he was clearly put into the team to early, and clearly wasn't ready. He was done like a kipper every single game he played. Would like to keep him though and maybe a period out on loan would do him the power of good. In saying that he did well to push himself ahead of Taiwo in the pecking order...

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 am

It's funny how different people see different things :lol: of course we are all entitled to our opinions and that is the beauty of this forum that we are all able to speak freely - I just love the kid and can see great things for him in the future and I hope it's in a bloobirds shirt.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 am

Maybe a bit early to sell but I think his problem is always going to be a lack of pace :cry: He's not strong enough yet either but that could be worked on.

He certainly isn't going to be in the same league as Ledley, Ramsey, etc. so I can't say it's a maasive loss, just maybe a bit premature :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am

He was one of the stand out players up at stamford bridge.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 am

he's only just turned eighteen so in footballing terms he's just a baby. From what little we have seen of him he didn't look out of place against top pro's. There is a lot to work on there. Yes, physically he's a little weak at the moment but once he strengthens up he will be some player and it would be a shame to get rid at this early stage.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 am

Aaron WILDIG turned 18 only two months ago and if he is to be discussed surely we should get his name right, so that we all know who we're talking about!

He put in some great shifts last season and didn't look out of place once. As well as his performance against Chelsea, he was superb when he came on against West Brom away as well!

He's already taller than McPhail and whilst being predominantly left footed, he is comfortable using his right as well, which McPhail isn't, as it's only for standing on!

He only had 7 starts for us, 10 sub appearances (Many just for a few minutes) (Including FA and League Cups), against McPhail's 25 starts (Including League Cup) and Wildig managed to score against Newcastle away, which is one more goal than McPhail scored in any of his appearances all season!

Give him a season or 2 at this level and he's got a good chance of at least emulating McPhail, if not bettering him and you never know, he may also find a shooting boot or 2 from somewhere, which McPhail clearly hasn't found to date! :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 am

theres nowt wrong with my spelling I luvs Wilding butt :lol: . Mellow out it's early on a Monday morning and I have had an heavy weekend. Surely you can forgive me for a slip of the typing finger :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 am

ihatealiens wrote:theres nowt wrong with my spelling I luvs Wilding butt :lol: . Mellow out it's early on a Monday morning and I have had an heavy weekend. Surely you can forgive me for a slip of the typing finger :lol:
Oh and dont be a McPhail hater he's been a brill player for us butt.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 am

ihatealiens wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:theres nowt wrong with my spelling I luvs Wilding butt :lol: . Mellow out it's early on a Monday morning and I have had an heavy weekend. Surely you can forgive me for a slip of the typing finger :lol:

I'm very chilled out and not a McPhail hater at all. I happen to think he's a superb player. He does have his limitations though, one is that he only has one foot, another is that he can't shoot and if he is able to head the ball, at only 5' 8" tall, he may not have had the opportunity to prove it to us! :)

WILDIG however, can use both feet and has plently of time to find his shooting boots! :)

I'm also trying to work out which typing slip to forgive you for, your original post or this one? :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:54 am

I actually thought he was getting better the more he played, but there you go thats what different opinions are all about :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am

Overthemoon wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

I'm very chilled out and not a McPhail hater at all. I happen to think he's a superb player. He does have his limitations though, one is that he only has one foot, another is that he can't shoot and if he is able to head the ball, at only 5' 8" tall, he may not have had the opportunity to prove it to us! :)

WILDIG however, can use both feet and has plently of time to find his shooting boots! :)

I'm also trying to work out which typing slip to forgive you for, your original post or this one? :lol:

It's my feeble attemp at a joke mate :lol: :lol: :lol: or maybe it went over your head a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:I actually thought he was getting better the more he played, but there you go thats what different opinions are all about :ayatollah:

I agree with you Annis, I'd be surprised if this story is true however, as DJ seemed to stick with him throughout the season, by at least keeping him on the bench, which is where he was for the Play Off Final!

As Jay was injured or became injured however, perhaps we might have been better off, if he'd had Magennis on the bench instead though, or at least instead of Feeney!

I also seem to remember DJ mentioning something about Wildig suffering with growing pains or similar!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 am

Overthemoon wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

It's my feeble attemp at a joke mate :lol: :lol: :lol: or maybe it went over your head a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

You're obviously too sharp for me then! :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:08 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I actually thought he was getting better the more he played, but there you go thats what different opinions are all about :ayatollah:

I agree with you Annis, I'd be surprised if this story is true however, as DJ seemed to stick with him throughout the season, by at least keeping him on the bench, which is where he was for the Play Off Final!

As Jay was injured or became injured however, perhaps we might have been better off, if he'd had Magennis on the bench instead though, or at least instead of Feeney!

I also seem to remember DJ mentioning something about Wildig suffering with growing pains or similar!

I def dont think the story is true, but just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 am

The lad was only 17 when he played but I thought he looked lost at times. His tackling in particular was generally poor on the occasions I saw him. Saying that, he obviously has something about him and gaining this experience at such an early age should be a big advantage to him as his career progresses. I must admit I would be very surprised if the club did sell him.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Same old Jones if true, no faith in youngsters

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Dont know if anyone has already said this, but it was wildig who won the header to set up chops' winner agianst the jacks, for that jones should give him a new contract in my opinion :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Lets see what happens first, only just a rumour?

He should get another year or two just for his knock on header that lead to Chopras winner against Swansea! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:49 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

He hasn't really. He performed quite well last season but goes missing a lot and is frequently part of a midfield that gets over ran. He isn't a game changer at all, doesn't score and was pretty much hated by a lot of City fans 2 seasons back.

I didn't agree with that then but he has never been amazing. He is functional and is a tidy, compact player but to say he is brill is wrong.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Why would you sell Wildig but keep McPhail? Should be other way around. If DJ doesn't trust younger players, he should just loan them, I don't like clubs' policy, loaning only rubbish guys (like Sak), Matthews and Wildig definitely should get loaned. Why would you ever sell a youngster if he's not a star, I have no idea.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:14 pm

I for one hope he stays.
I think jones has used him well so far, he still has plenty to learn but I like
him.
He isn't in the same league as mcphail yet mind IMO

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:54 pm

There's no logic in selling wildig especially when we have been told we don't need to sell. However, I believe given the chance wildig AND Matthews will become stable players at our club. Loan them out if we can afford to reduce our squad size come august. Otherwise keep em home! :)