Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"THE REASONS WE ARE MOVING FORWARD"

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:06 pm

There is a lot of speculation at present and it is centered around whether or not TG and VT splash the cash or take a more stable approach. I am responsible for a fair share of the news around the messageboards and I stand by everything I write up but I know there is a responsibility too, I want everyone to know that the club is in good hands now and they are trying to keep the best players here and they have offered Joe an incredible deal plus they are still talking about Bellamy. Will these things come to fruition, it is a case of wait and see, I know it is difficult not to get carried away but we must remember where we were only several weeks ago, no not Wembley, I am talking about the High Court.

Before the talk of any players coming in or more money being invested into the club there are things that we all should know about and appreciate how far forward we have come in a very short time. The club is going about it's business prudently and making cuts across the whole company. Financially the club is far greater better off than it was last month, so far we have released Peter Enckleman, Warren Feeney, Tony Capaldi, Josh Magennis and Aaron Morris. Solomon Taiwo will leave for Norwich. These players were not making an impact on the team so they have had to go to stop us wasting money, 4 of those 6 names would have been on exceptional contracts because of who handed them out, Messers Ridsdale.

Whilst we bring up Peter Ridsdale, I would be surprised if many people know that he was taking 3 seperate wages out of our club and all were considerable amounts. As we know Ridsdale was CEO and he was taking a healthy £350k net amount for this position he held and lets not forget either that in this role during the last 12 months he took 2 seperate bonus payments equalling £600k, so in total as CEO he took £500k per annum but last year that figure swelled to £1.1million.

Not a bad wage if you can get it, is it ?

But hang on, Peter Ridsdale also took a wage for the position of Chairman too, incredible I know, but this is why we had to get rid of this man from our club. He was sucking the club dry, whilst we were struggling to keep the club afloat, he managed to receive his salary each month. I believe the Chairman's wage was £250k gross.

If that is not enough, how can we forget WHSPORTS, Mr and Mrs Ridsdales consultancy firm. Now it is common knowledge that the said company owes the taxman £373,555.20 and a further £26,444.62 to Barclays bank. The Ridsdales done very nicely out of Cardiff, taking £1,359,490 in "consultancy fees" between 2007 and 2008.

These figures go to show how much better off we are going into this season and when we also take into account that we have a new CEO who I would say is not on the wage of his predecessor and then there is the new Chairman TG, who has not taken a wage.

Whilst Ridsdale was lining his pockets each month dont forget that we still had Steve Borley who has never taken a penny in wages from the club throughout his time involved and neither did he nor Whitely take their bonus that they were entitled too in November,whilst Ridsdale did.

So, even if we dont get Bellamy or any other money signings or Ledley decides to go, nobody can ever say that what has been done so far has not been significant in itself and I am thankful that we are being run in this way now. There are many issues left to be resolved and there is a lot of money still to be paid to creditors which we will not always see but I wrote this so many dont forget how perilous how future was only weeks ago.

Re: THE REASONS WE ARE MOVING FORWARD

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 pm

PR conduct, while at the helm of our club, has been proved to be corrupt, & little short of scandalous. But how was he allowded to get away with it for so long? Weren't the other directors keeping tabs on things?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Great post again Carl.

We are going forward :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:PR conduct, while at the helm of our club, has been proved to be corrupt, & little short of scandalous. But how was he allowded to get away with it for so long? Weren't the other directors keeping tabs on things?

Paul Guy give PR day to day control of the club and these are the results, our directors did not even know the exact wages some of the players were on, Ridsdale gave one report stating players were on a less amount than they were actually on. This was the mistake that club made with Ridsdale, if they were able to control the finances and Ridsdale was just the Chairman then things may have been very different.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks Carl - Did you get your NOTW - MJ special today? :ayatollah:

Great Post Carl, god help the next club/business who has the misfortune of dealing with the parasite which is the Riddler, he obviously didn't care about lining his own pockets whilst the club was in a perilous position, good riddance to the money grabbing b*stard. :evil: :evil: :evil:

chippy909 wrote:Great post again Carl.

We are going forward :ayatollah:

Cheers Chippy,

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Thanks Carl - Did you get your NOTW - MJ special today? :ayatollah:

No probs Suggs :ayatollah:

The NOTW piece was good in the respect that they put some myths to bed that I have been telling people about for years :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Marc wrote:Great Post Carl, god help the next club/business who has the misfortune of dealing with the parasite which is the Riddler, he obviously didn't care about lining his own pockets whilst the club was in a perilous position, good riddance to the money grabbing b*stard. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am proud that I marched against what this man was doing to our club Marc

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:24 pm

In your honest opinion carl do you beleive we will keep ledley
also do you beleive we will get bellamy? :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:33 pm

All well and good but
Football is a cruel sport it takes no prisoners.
We have a paper thin squad.
Unless we get some decent players
To replace the ones who have left.
We will run out of steam as in other seasons.
Action is needed.
We all know TG and Vincent Tan saved the club.
They need to learn the rudiments of running a football club pretty quick.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:So, even if we dont get Bellamy or any other money signings or Ledley decides to go, nobody can ever say that what has been done so far has not been significant.

There's a far whack of cash left to spend if Ledley goes and Bellamy does not arrive. Will the cash be spent even if these deals don't come off. It'll go a long way to getting very good players.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 pm

lewispenarth wrote:In your honest opinion carl do you beleive we will keep ledley
also do you beleive we will get bellamy? :ayatollah:

Ledley there is a chance because of his personal circumstance, Bellamy no I dont think we will get him Lewis.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

hey carl what's the score with the rumour regarding pratley ?

deffo something in it or just pure speculation ?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Wayne S wrote:
carlccfc wrote:So, even if we dont get Bellamy or any other money signings or Ledley decides to go, nobody can ever say that what has been done so far has not been significant.

There's a far whack of cash left to spend if Ledley goes and Bellamy does not arrive. Will the cash be spent even if these deals don't come off. It'll go a long way to getting very good players.

As I have said many times Wayne they are backing DJ but it may not be with big money signings, VT is a businessman not a football fan, yes DJ spoke with him last week and VT and TG are backing him in keeping the squad together, this is the first time in 40 yrs we can say that.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:hey carl what's the score with the rumour regarding pratley ?

deffo something in it or just pure speculation ?

NON STARTER

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:00 pm

i was speaking to bellamys son ( he's a year under my age in cardiff schools )

i asked him if bellamy would join city.

he said he wants to come, it just if man city let him.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 pm

shame that the best midfielder in this division in my humble opinion

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 pm

to be honest i am just more than happy that we now have a solid base with manageable debts, knowing we have people who will run the club properly is by far the best news of all. If we hadnt needed to sell each year in the past we may well have been able to keep ramsey for another year, maybe rog johnson and loovens. Bellamy is a bit of a pipe dream, he could be a legend if he did come and he took us up. The only thing i'm not so sure about is keeping joe and offering him silly money like 20k a week. To be honest his performances over the last 2 years dont warrant it in my opinion. Is it true people like prately, bodde and britton werent on more than 7k a week, same for adam at blackpool. these people are out there and we should be getting them in.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:13 pm

goats wrote:to be honest i am just more than happy that we now have a solid base with manageable debts, knowing we have people who will run the club properly is by far the best news of all. If we hadnt needed to sell each year in the past we may well have been able to keep ramsey for another year, maybe rog johnson and loovens. Bellamy is a bit of a pipe dream, he could be a legend if he did come and he took us up. The only thing i'm not so sure about is keeping joe and offering him silly money like 20k a week. To be honest his performances over the last 2 years dont warrant it in my opinion. Is it true people like prately, bodde and britton werent on more than 7k a week, same for adam at blackpool. these people are out there and we should be getting them in.

great post that Goats :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Carl, A TRUE/HONEST Report :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:
goats wrote:to be honest i am just more than happy that we now have a solid base with manageable debts, knowing we have people who will run the club properly is by far the best news of all. If we hadnt needed to sell each year in the past we may well have been able to keep ramsey for another year, maybe rog johnson and loovens. Bellamy is a bit of a pipe dream, he could be a legend if he did come and he took us up. The only thing i'm not so sure about is keeping joe and offering him silly money like 20k a week. To be honest his performances over the last 2 years dont warrant it in my opinion. Is it true people like prately, bodde and britton werent on more than 7k a week, same for adam at blackpool. these people are out there and we should be getting them in.

should have said the best thing of all by a long long shot is the fact we have survived the riddler, thank god the man has gone.....pheeeeeeeew! everything else with TG VT is a massive bonus.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, A TRUE/HONEST Report :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 pm

goats wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

should have said the best thing of all by a long long shot is the fact we have survived the riddler, thank god the man has gone.....pheeeeeeeew! everything else with TG VT is a massive bonus.

Only just survived, 5 days from extinction I can never forgive the man for that.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 pm

That Man should never be allowed to enetr any football whatsoever...hes a disgrace, thank god he has gone :ayatollah:
Great post again Carl :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info carl. Good to see that at last we are being run properly by men who know what there doing, i know in time they will want to make there money back after all it is a business.But in football we all want success yesterday. It would be a dream to get local boy bellamy this season im sure he wud take us up with a few more top players added to squad. For now i am just happy that we still have a club to watch its onwards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 am

Carl

Once again thanks for that information.
We all knew that the riddler was at it but even I was shocked at some of the things mentioned by you.
It was rumoured that HMRC was going to turn up the heat on the riddler at the beginning of june re w.h sports. Is there any news re this as it is so important this man is stopped from fleecing anyone else.
It was also said that sufficient money for him to discharge the HMRC debt was given him as part of his severance pay - was that true??

You are so right about the way the club is being run now and we ALL must have patience and not expect instant miracles with an open cheque book, lets just be grateful that the club is still in existence.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am

As I said all along Peter Ridsdale is a parasite of the highest order and a pathological liar and got away with downright daylight robbery at the helm of our club. Carl this either shows naivety or collusion on the part of some or all of the board. If I had my way nothing short of criminal proceedings against this poor excuse for a man wil do. I for one am delighted we now have responsible people holding the purse strings but I hope they have the courage to end this mans bloodsucking of the sport we al love, don't forget he took us to within 5 days of extinction and he must not get away with it (the truth must come out, every painful word of it) for the good of football in general.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, A TRUE/HONEST Report :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

annis carl

did you know taiwo failed his medical at norwich he's not gone yet

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am

steve davies wrote:

annis carl

did you know taiwo failed his medical at norwich he's not gone yet

No I didnt, thanks for the info Steve, I thought there must of been a reason why they hadnt signed him yet.