Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Great News.........................

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Just had a phone call from Wayne Nash and i had a nice chat with him regarding organising a AAMB & CCMB Footie match for Charity, he told me that The New stadium would be a defo no at the moment, but has offered us to play on the pitch opposite the Stadium (in the Athletic's stadium) which they have use of, He said if i wanted to organise something he would try and help us out also if we were to pay £20 each to play we could also use the Club for drinks afterwards.
This Money would then go towards the Fred Keenor Statue!!!

There is suppose to be a companies day and a fans day at the stadium, but he wasnt sure if its still going to happen but said perhaps we could maybe so something then, even play on the pitch but that is a wait & see thing, buit we maybe looking after next season for this too happen :D
Also asked him would it be possible to have a game against the Cardiff City boys but he said Dj is quite strict on all that and we would maybe just get Young and someone else to come along and see us, As i told him it would be for charity and for the fans to enjoy a day out!

He seems keen and has asked me to E-mail him with ideas and stuff so this is where i need all you to help me out :ayatollah:

I personally think its all great News and we could

Re: Great News.........................

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Well done HG! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Well done HG! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Uncle Fester....so it looks good dont it, lets hope this will happen!!! Will you be up for it? :D :D

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 pm

well done hughsey girl

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks Mozzer.....................dont forget you can all help me with the ideas to give him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:56 pm

well done, but £20 just to play ccmb

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I think in order to maybe gain more interest etc it might be an idea to try and get a few ex city players involved to play or even manage each side that would encourage other city fans to come along and have a look and make them more aware of what the proceeds are going towards, Not such if we can get the Echo involved in some way but it would be an idea.

Do we have any ideas as to the cost of the statue as I am sure we can think of some other ways also to raise the money.

Oh and Well Done to the Mrs :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 pm

hehehehe thanx Hunni ;)

Great lets make a list and get them off to Wayne Nash :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:24 pm

would it be possible to sort it so the winner of aamb v ccmb match could play agaisnt some city legends or even few of the full squad it would be good for the fans playing and im sure if we had a legends v fans match we could sell tickets for inside the stadium for people to come watch if we sold them £2 a ticket and 2000 people turned up thats 4000 towards the fred keenor stautue

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:38 pm

roberts1927 wrote:would it be possible to sort it so the winner of aamb v ccmb match could play agaisnt some city legends or even few of the full squad it would be good for the fans playing and im sure if we had a legends v fans match we could sell tickets for inside the stadium for people to come watch if we sold them £2 a ticket and 2000 people turned up thats 4000 towards the fred keenor stautue

great idea :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 pm

The only problem I have with that if suddenly the opposition (CCMB) turned up with let's say selected people to represent them who may not even be members of the board but are shit hot at football, In all fairness I do not see much organising from their Forum but all from ours including my mrs making telephone calls etc to sort it all out with Wayne Nash, If their is an opportunity to play with or against City or Ex city players I ain't missing out.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:44 pm

roberts1927 wrote:would it be possible to sort it so the winner of aamb v ccmb match could play agaisnt some city legends or even few of the full squad it would be good for the fans playing and im sure if we had a legends v fans match we could sell tickets for inside the stadium for people to come watch if we sold them £2 a ticket and 2000 people turned up thats 4000 towards the fred keenor stautue

I did mention something like that to Wayne but he said DJ is strict on his players doing stuff, but im sure if we stick it in the E-mail he could perhaps sort something out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also i forgot to mention...........All the guys who take part in the game will be allowed to use the clubs showers & changing rooms.....how cool is that ;) :D :D

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Totally agree - If a few of theirs want to join in with us to make up the team then fair enough but I believe we have done all the running for this so lets leave it that way

Oh and there will be proper training for this as we dont want to come un stuck

one rule - no train no play simple :lol:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Congratulations Hugesygirl, well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks Marc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And to think Waynr told me if it wasnt for the Stereophonics at the stadium we could have been playing on the pitch, but hey ho...lets get ths all up & running and maybe next seaso you will all play on the pitch :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:Well done HG! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Uncle Fester....so it looks good dont it, lets hope this will happen!!! Will you be up for it? :D :D

Yes, sure! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi, new on the board, but think this is a great idea, would definatley want to be involved :D

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 pm

AlexBennett wrote:Hi, new on the board, but think this is a great idea, would definatley want to be involved :D

Can you make the training session/kick around next wed 7pm? next to CCS at Jubilee park?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Great News Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well Done for keeping at it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great News Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Got there in the end....so i just need everyone to give me all there ideas then i can send it off to him...oh by the way Annis have you got his email address saves me ringing them back up to ask for it....kids had the paper i wrote it on :roll: :lol:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Great News Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Got there in the end....so i just need everyone to give me all there ideas then i can send it off to him...oh by the way Annis have you got his email address saves me ringing them back up to ask for it....kids had the paper i wrote it on :roll: :lol:

Ive only got Julian Jenkins, Julian@cardiffcityfc.co.uk Email him, he will give it to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:11 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Thanks Marc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And to think Waynr told me if it wasnt for the Stereophonics at the stadium we could have been playing on the pitch, but hey ho...lets get ths all up & running and maybe next seaso you will all play on the pitch :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That sucks. I do appreciate what you're doing for us though (even though i'm playing for CCMB) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 pm

That sucks. I do appreciate what you're doing for us though (even though i'm playing for CCMB) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Why wahts wrong Mules? im trying my best honest :shock: :lol:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 pm

hughesygirl wrote:That sucks. I do appreciate what you're doing for us though (even though i'm playing for CCMB) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why wahts wrong Mules? im trying my best honest :shock: :lol:[/quote]

It sucks cos if it wasn't for the stereophonics, you could have been playing at CCS this season.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:20 am

oh thank go for that Claire.....i thought something else was wrong with my news :oops: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 am

hughesygirl wrote:oh thank go for that Claire.....i thought something else was wrong with my news :oops: :lol: :lol:

:lol: noo mun! I'm glad someone's stepped in and done some f*cking organising mind. :D

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 pm

I have just an email to Wayne Nash, mentioning a couple of ideas for this charity footie match...(if it goes ahead)
3 ideas are....

1) to see if 2 of the city boys could pretend for a day to be the 2 teams manager
2) to get a signed city shirt & to raffle it
3) get the childrren involved and have a penalty shoot out for them against one of the city boys as goalie!!!

Oh and i have asked Jay Bothroyd if he has anything we could raffle too!!!