Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR HONEST REVIEWS"

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Its for this Forum and the Backs of the Books when re-printed.
Include Name please.

"FROM SHATTERED DREAMS TO WEMBLEY WAY"
"THE RISE AND FALL OF THE CARDIFF CITY VALLEY RAMS"
"DIARY OF THE REAL SOUL CREW"
"DIARY OF THE SOUL CREW" "2"
"CARDIFF CITY FANS THROUGH THE YEARS"

You dont have to do them all, 1 or more CHEERS, Much Appreciates :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15856 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR HONEST REVIEWS"

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Sent: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 pm
To: Forever Blue

Subject: "PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR HONEST REVIEWS"

Forever Blue wrote:
Its for this Forum and the Backs of the Books when re-printed.
Include Name please.

"FROM SHATTERED DREAMS TO WEMBLEY WAY"
"THE RISE AND FALL OF THE CARDIFF CITY VALLEY RAMS"
"DIARY OF THE REAL SOUL CREW"
"DIARY OF THE SOUL CREW" "2"
"CARDIFF CITY FANS THROUGH THE YEARS"

You dont have to do them all, 1 or more CHEERS, Much Appreciates

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15856

FROM SHATTERED DREAMS TO WEMBLEY WAY

One of those books that is written from the heart of the most passionate fan that grips you from the moment you open it. I couldn't put it down. The insight to the loveable maniac that is Sam Hammam is first class and charts some of the bigggest ups and downs that Cardiff City FC had lived through until that time. The sequel can begin!

DIARY OF THE REAL SOUL CREW

Another book that grips you. A great insight into the football daft days of the 80's and 90's with interesting inputs from a variety of characters. A must read for any football chap!

DIARY OF THE REAL SOUL CREW 2

Having read the first part, the second part was a must read and the madness continues with more valuable input from lads of all clubs. Annis and his colleagues give you it from the heart and there's no bullshit in there as lads from other clubs can confirm with their mutual respect.

CARDIFF CITY FANS THROUGH THE YEARS

Absolutely loved this one. Some of the biggest fans and Cardiff maniacs right through to the junior Bluebirds all with one thing in common - they love the City. Emotional to see my boy as 9month old in the centre. THere could be 500 similar books to this and they would still lave out some smashing pictures

Paul Cummings, Clydebank Bluebird

Still to do the Rams book - it's sitting by my bedside awaiting to be opened!

THANKS Paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 pm

annis i,ve only read one of them, "from shattered dreams to wembley way" now i,m no expert on books, i only read one book a year on my summer holidays, last year i read "shattered dreams" and thought it was an excellent read, in fact i could not put the book down. a good mixture of serious reading along with lots of laughter and some very sad moments along the way. after i finished reading it my brother in law (a glasgow rangers fan) read it in one day, he also thought it was a great read. i,m away at the end of august on my holidays, before i go i will be buying off you "the rise and fall of the rams" for my annual read!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:18 pm

cityone wrote:annis i,ve only read one of them, "from shattered dreams to wembley way" now i,m no expert on books, i only read one book a year on my summer holidays, last year i read "shattered dreams" and thought it was an excellent read, in fact i could not put the book down. a good mixture of serious reading along with lots of laughter and some very sad moments along the way. after i finished reading it my brother in law (a glasgow rangers fan) read it in one day, he also thought it was a great read. i,m away at the end of august on my holidays, before i go i will be buying off you "the rise and fall of the rams" for my annual read!!!

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Ive read all of Diary 1 on the bus up to Scotland to watch the rugby 2 years ago and couldnt put it down once started and am about 3/4 thru Diary 2 , Ive got Shattered Dreams to read aswell which Im gonna take away on me hols on Thurs . Will do an honest review when I back if u want ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Ive read all of Diary 1 on the bus up to Scotland to watch the rugby 2 years ago and couldnt put it down once started and am about 3/4 thru Diary 2 , Ive got Shattered Dreams to read aswell which Im gonna take away on me hols on Thurs . Will do an honest review when I back if u want ? :ayatollah:

Cheers Martyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm

iv read 3 of your books annis.shattered dreams. diary of the soul crew. cardiff fans through the years.to date shattered dreams is my fav.ill be buying valley rams and soul crew very soon.have enjoyed all 3 tho to be fair :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:34 pm

earnieblue wrote:iv read 3 of your books annis.shattered dreams. diary of the soul crew. cardiff fans through the years.to date shattered dreams is my fav.ill be buying valley rams and soul crew very soon.have enjoyed all 3 tho to be fair :ayatollah:

Cheers Earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , Which was your Favourite and If So why ?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Taking Shattered Dreams and Diary of Soul Crew for my holiday reading in Portugal next week Annis, will feedback on my return. I have been told their good reads, hence the reason for taking them.

JBBJ

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:19 pm

John Bowens brotherj wrote:Taking Shattered Dreams and Diary of Soul Crew for my holiday reading in Portugal next week Annis, will feedback on my return. I have been told their good reads, hence the reason for taking them.

JBBJ

Cheers JB :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I will be reading Soul Crew 2 and Valley Rams in a couple of weeks so I will reply with my reviews as soon as I do, if that's okay? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 pm

nobber wrote:I will be reading Soul Crew 2 and Valley Rams in a couple of weeks so I will reply with my reviews as soon as I do, if that's okay? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Nobber, i look forward to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:28 pm

From shattered dreams to wembley way

Was an excellent read but i found it was repeating itself with the same story from different people. So enjoyed the first third more than the remainder.

Rise and fall of the Valley Rams

Was a fantastic read laughed out loud so many times, Well written telling it how it was and with humour to make sure you don't put the book down.

Diary of the real Soul Crew

A fantastic read for anyone who was involved in the whole football culture, and an excellent read to those who missed those times.

Diary of the Soul Crew 2

For those that were there interesting to read the storys from the other side. A cracking read for anyone who wants to know what it was like writen with humour and truthfullness with no bull and bigging it up, just honest opinions. Diary of the soul crew 2 is a must read.

Annis you have my address look forward to my crisp £20 note :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Thomas :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Oh my names Steve Thomas nuclearblue. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:From shattered dreams to wembley way

Was an excellent read but i found it was repeating itself with the same story from different people. So enjoyed the first third more than the remainder.

Was a fantastic read laughed out loud so many times, Well written telling it how it was and with humour to make sure you don't put the book down.

A fantastic read for anyone who was involved in the whole football culture, and an excellent read to those who missed those times.

Diary of the Soul Crew 2

For those that were there interesting to read the storys from the other side. A cracking read for anyone who wants to know what it was like writen with humour and truthfullness with no bull and bigging it up, just honest opinions. Diary of the soul crew 2 is a must read.

Annis you have my address look forward to my crisp £20 note :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha

Cheers Steve, Thanks a lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 pm

From shattered dreams to wembley way

A good read. A bit repeatitive but some interesting stories coming out of it.

A fantastic read and quite proud to see a set of Cardiff fans taking on our hooligan image and doing something to correct it. Very proud of that.

Read this out of curiosity than anything just to see if there were any stories from games I might have gone to.

Diary of the Soul Crew 2

Not read it

Cardiff City fans through the years

Love this book, my favourite one.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:From shattered dreams to wembley way

A good read. A bit repeatitive but some interesting stories coming out of it.

A fantastic read and quite proud to see a set of Cardiff fans taking on our hooligan image and doing something to correct it. Very proud of that.

Read this out of curiosity than anything just to see if there were any stories from games I might have gone to.

Diary of the Soul Crew 2

Not read it

Love this book, my favourite one.

Cheers Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 pm

SHATTERED DREAMS.

By far my favourite book about Cardiff City and the Sam era, genuine and factual chapters told from the heart by individuals who breath Cardiff City. A must read for ANY Cardiff City Fan.

All the other books, Diary Of The Soul Crew 1 and 2 and Cardiff City Through The Years are well worth investing in, but not quite in the league of Shattered Dreams.

The Rise and Fall Of The Valley Rams.

Great read with plenty of facts, wit and serious issues. Mainly changed the outlook on Police forces opinions of our fans throughout the UK. :ayatollah:

DAI. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:20 pm

From Shatered Dreams to Wembley way

Quite simply the best football book I've ever read. Informative and very well written.

Quite funny reading the back cover "Does the dream live on with Peter Risdale at the helm"?

Pictures of the most passionate fans in the country. A must have book for any City fan. Fascinating to see how styles have changed over the years.

The rise and fall of the Cardiff City Valley Rams

Another great read. Funny in parts and honest throughout. Tells how City fans came up with solutions regarding travel only to be shafted by the authorities.

Diary of the real soul crew

An honest no bullshit account told by lads who were there.Really enjoyed it and read it all in one go.Has been borrowed by lots of my mates and reaction has always been positive (Sorry Annis should have made them buy it).

Diary of the soul crew 2

Looked forward to this after reading first soul crew book and it didn't dissapoint.

Craig from Scotland

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 am

From Shattered Dreams To Wembley Way

A must have book for all football fans out there, whether he or she be a Swansea City fan or Manchester United fan. It's a book where everyone can relate him or her self to and shows how much character one football club, and it's fans can have. Every single chapter in this fantastic read, tells the same story, but from different eyes, and that’s what makes this one so special. In my eyes, it may be because it's about my football club, but it's the best football book out there on the shelves at the moment. A Must Have Book!!

Liam Reynolds - Cymmer, Neath Port Talbot

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:39 am

nobby wrote:SHATTERED DREAMS.

By far my favourite book about Cardiff City and the Sam era, genuine and factual chapters told from the heart by individuals who breath Cardiff City. A must read for ANY Cardiff City Fan.

All the other books, Diary Of The Soul Crew 1 and 2 and Cardiff City Through The Years are well worth investing in, but not quite in the league of Shattered Dreams.

The Rise and Fall Of The Valley Rams.

Great read with plenty of facts, wit and serious issues. Mainly changed the outlook on Police forces opinions of our fans throughout the UK. :ayatollah:

DAI. :ayatollah:

Cheers Dai, Very Much appreciated :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:40 am

scots bluebird wrote:From Shatered Dreams to Wembley way

Quite simply the best football book I've ever read. Informative and very well written.

Quite funny reading the back cover "Does the dream live on with Peter Risdale at the helm"?

Pictures of the most passionate fans in the country. A must have book for any City fan. Fascinating to see how styles have changed over the years.

The rise and fall of the Cardiff City Valley Rams

Another great read. Funny in parts and honest throughout. Tells how City fans came up with solutions regarding travel only to be shafted by the authorities.

Diary of the real soul crew

An honest no bullshit account told by lads who were there.Really enjoyed it and read it all in one go.Has been borrowed by lots of my mates and reaction has always been positive (Sorry Annis should have made them buy it).

Diary of the soul crew 2

Looked forward to this after reading first soul crew book and it didn't dissapoint.

Craig from Scotland

:lol:
Cheers Craig, Thanks a lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 am

Read the chapter in Diary 2 from big Sam Murphy last night and its prob 1 of the best reads in the entire book ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:31 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-r ... centReview

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Annis

We've never actually met but having followed the city to almost every home and away game since 1975 (although I started going to NP in 1967 it was 75 before I became a ST holder and travelling to all away games and have been ever since) you would probably recognise me if you saw me.
In the early days of travel I used to go with Adar Glas then for many years independently by car (I dread to think just how many miles I drove) and since 2003 you'll find me at the front of coach 3 of Vince's pop and crisps supporters club, which as someone not really as interested as others in cans of Strongbow, suits me well. Vince runs a great outfit and is the most tireless worker I've ever known. the guy deserves a medal.
So yes I really have done the years and years of Darlington on a Tuesday night and delighted to scrape a point etc.!!

It is therefore against this background that I was able to appreciate so fully your book Shattered Dreams to Wembley Way and so I would like to offer up the following comments as requested by you on your site:

"A must read for any true football fan, Cardiff City or otherwise. If you've ever questioned your sanity when stood almost alone on a cold wet windy terrace dreaming, yet believing that your club would some day wake from it's comatose slumber then this is the definitive book for you. A roller coaster of a ride encapsulated in a kaleidoscope of words and styles, where the passion and honesty of the contributors to this book make it impossible to put down"

I hope the above is useful to you Annis.

Great site by the way - going from strength to strength - some great contributors particularly Carl, Steve Davies and Since 62. Although I still read Mike's board I'm finding that I increasingly check your first these days.

I tend not to post, only read but I am registered as Clusterman (I think!!)

Best Regards

Ian Mitchard

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:57 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:From Shattered Dreams To Wembley Way

A must have book for all football fans out there, whether he or she be a Swansea City fan or Manchester United fan. It's a book where everyone can relate him or her self to and shows how much character one football club, and it's fans can have. Every single chapter in this fantastic read, tells the same story, but from different eyes, and that’s what makes this one so special. In my eyes, it may be because it's about my football club, but it's the best football book out there on the shelves at the moment. A Must Have Book!!

Liam Reynolds - Cymmer, Neath Port Talbot

Cheers Liam, Very much appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:58 pm

sack wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3UAYEOZ8JFJMA/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

Thankyou Sack, And even better putting it on Amazon, Very Much appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Shattered dreams to wembley way was a great read .The soul crew i found really boring and more of the same

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 pm

john52 wrote:Shattered dreams to wembley way was a great read .The soul crew i found really boring and more of the same

Cheers John :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Which Soul Crew books, the old one or my Diary ones ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 am

I have only read the first book.

Honest review would be that from a consumer point of view the production quality and style of writing were not out of the top draw.

However, in terms of telling what happened behind the scenes of the football club, the motivation of the main people involved and conveying what the club means to it's supporters it was one of the most accurate and capitivating reads that I have come across.

IMHO a triumph of substance over style which is no bad thing in this day and age.