Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR HONEST REVIEWS"

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Majorblue wrote:I have only read the first book.

Honest review would be that from a consumer point of view the production quality and style of writing were not out of the top draw.

However, in terms of telling what happened behind the scenes of the football club, the motivation of the main people involved and conveying what the club means to it's supporters it was one of the most accurate and capitivating reads that I have come across.

IMHO a triumph of substance over style which is no bad thing in this day and age.

Cheers, Thats why I left Martin King and Have Signed up with Cass Pennant, the Quality was a let down on the first one, but the Good news is,I did Diary "2" Myself and it doubled in Sales.Also Cass is a top Publisher and Well Respected, We all learn by Our mistakes and I was new to the book world. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I have just read Diary 1 and I have nearly finished Diary 2 erm whilst I think an reading purist would pull up the gramatical errors but to me this makes the books better as you feel like the storys are being told to your face, personally I think they are a super read and really hard to put down.
The tales that are told you are really vivid and you feel like you are there at that the time and picture everything, superbly entertaining reads. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03 pm

petejd wrote:I have just read Diary 1 and I have nearly finished Diary 2 erm whilst I think an reading purist would pull up the gramatical errors but to me this makes the books better as you feel like the storys are being told to your face, personally I think they are a super read and really hard to put down.
The tales that are told you are really vivid and you feel like you are there at that the time and picture everything, superbly entertaining reads. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Pete :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm

shattered dreams is without doubt the most interesting, in depth and informative book ever written about cardiff city fc,
the rise and fall of the valley rams is simply a must read for all cardiff city supporters an honest and sometimes funny account of probably one of the most important times in the clubs history and about some of our greatest fans :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 pm

the blue path wrote:shattered dreams is without doubt the most interesting, in depth and informative book ever written about cardiff city fc,
the rise and fall of the valley rams is simply a must read for all cardiff city supporters an honest and sometimes funny account of probably one of the most important times in the clubs history and about some of our greatest fans :ayatollah:

Cheers Much appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

THANKYOU EVERYONE, MORE WELCOME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Reviews :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16230 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: