Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wales benchmark

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Slovenia have a population of 2 million, have only been a nation for 25 years and have qualified for 2 world cups. If they can do then so can we!! :ayatollah:

Re: wales benchmark

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:Slovenia have a population of 2 million, have only been a nation for 25 years and have qualified for 2 world cups. If they can do then so can we!! :ayatollah:

It does make you wonder why We continue to fail. :evil:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:17 pm

bad management coz Toshack insists on playing 1 style of football which the players are not suited to or in some instances just not skillfull enough , he has no plan B and never picks a team 1st then the style 2nd !

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia so have got a bit of football history to fall back on. Also take into account all they know is football and is about the only avenue they have to make something of themselves.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Like I am not a DJ fan, I am even more not a Toshack fan.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Its not just Tosh though, it was Hughes, Gould etc etc no one got us to a finals.

I agree Tosh is past it, im glad he came and rebuild after what was a mess left by Hughes IMO but tactically he seems clueless. Im sure only us and Italy play with wingbacks thesedays :lol:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 pm

IMO sven is the man for the job