Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MEETING WITH GETHIN JENKINS(Chief Executive) 14/06/2010

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Guess its just nice being able to sign players now the tax bill is paid :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:20 pm

annis give us a clue, im to excited now that we can buy players is it a player that has been realased or still at a club

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Nice one Carl!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 am

must b said i lov checkin out the new's on this forum
anyway just wondered if this player was on DJ's wish list

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am

well done carl...... great post :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 am

Carl,

Congrats on getting this meeting and your report but from what you have gleaned I am not convinced that Gethin is going to be the man that will take our club forward. You stated that in your opinion he is a good listener and that is always a good thing, but he also then seems to dismiss any suggestions and states that they have got it right.

Right by seating arrangements.
Right by banning of publications.

He seems to have a rugby referee attitude that he is the only one that is right and the only one that matters - so tough luck!!

You were very right to bring up the issue of communication and I note that he stated that TG comments were taken out of context. If that was the case then why didn't HE correct this on the CCFC official site as HE has full control of that, seems HE wanted to allow the fans to dream a little.

As far as the standing issue goes I attended a Blues v Sale match earlier this year as part of a stag weekend thrash and noticed that nearly all the Sale supporters and a lot of Blues supporters stood for most of the match and no attempt was made by stewards to stop this. If the safety lobby think its wrong for CCFC fans to stand why are the stewards turning a blind eye to the rugby supporters. Seems like double standards to me Gethin or are you going to tell us that you are right again so tough luck.

I will still give him a few months to settle in but in my opinion his behaviour and attitude to date doesn't give me confidence, but unlike him I am not always right.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 am

great post thanks carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

cheers carl, well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

expect a text soon :lol:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:32 am

excellent report carl! keep up the good work :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:41 am

Well done Carl,
Great news that this forum is recognised and to my mind you asked all the right questions, I can understand that some questions can't be answered as they so often get taken out of context when relayed from you to the masses. (Not your fault but often our perceptions). Are we to take it now that this site can be an official line of communicaton between Club and fans? That would be grest as although the Official Cardiff City FC website is good i find this site gives a greater variety of topics that we fans like to chat and banter about in the real world.
Again i'd like to say "WELL DONE"
Jes

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:06 am

Not swapping the Canton with the Grange then :cry: f*cking disgusting

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 am

Another excellent informative post Carl, cheers mate.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 am

Appreciate you telling fans about your meeting but to be honest i do not realy think much was achieved Seemed more of a public relations excercise on their behalf more than anything else

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am

Was it Tom Heaton Carl?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 pm

well done carlos :ayatollah:

Re: "MEETING WITH GETHIN JENKINS(Chief Executive) 14/06/2010"

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Nice post Carl.............great to see the club getting closer to us fans........Cheers mate.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Yes the player I seen was Tom Heaton :ayatollah:

Obviously it was important I didn't let it out of the bag prior to the deal being concluded today. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 pm

The club needs some sort of Quality Department. They could hire me then.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

all the speculation and it's tom heaton - what a let down.

any news on other transfers/targets....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

WELL DONE CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

bloody heaton :( was hoping for a new centre back

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Nice one mate informative as ever........... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Haven't read every post yet but Carl please can you rate the signing???

So if Chops and Bothroyd are a 9
Heaton's a 6
Gerrard a 8
Hudson a 7

What is the new bloke ?????

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:Yes the player I seen was Tom Heaton :ayatollah:

Obviously it was important I didn't let it out of the bag prior to the deal being concluded today. :ayatollah:

Bollox just read it now I thought he had already signed never mind lets hope its someone better next time....

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:Haven't read every post yet but Carl please can you rate the signing???

So if Chops and Bothroyd are a 9
Heaton's a 6
Gerrard a 8
Hudson a 7

What is the new bloke ?????

6 :lol:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

During my meeting with the Gethin Jenkins
by carlccfc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:40 pm

on Monday, I urged him and Julian to let the fans know of any positive news regarding the club. Regardless if it has been negative in the past, we must sell ourselves now, we are a big club and we should shout it out. I also said that when 10,500 fans paid with blind loyalty for their platinum ambassador season ticket in December we didn't know if we were going to be wound up, if wages would be paid and we were worried, so when things like the tax bill get paid, tell us. Also even though it has never been officially announced that we are under a transfer embargo, we know we are, it is not the fault of this current regime so the club again should tell us when it is lifted.

Gethin's response was " your comments will be taken onboard "

Julian agreed and said we dont promote our good aspects well enough and agreed with my staement.

Tonight the club has released a statement and I am happy they have listened and even more so they have acted.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 87,00.html

Well Done to the club
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 am

carlccfc wrote:I would like to start off by firstly thanking Gethin Jenkins for arranging this meeting and I must also thank Julian Jenkins and Wayne Nash who were both present.

This meeting came about as this forum over the past few weeks have been asking questions on here regarding the way the club is moving forward and which direction it is heading, during a phone call conversation between Gethin and myself early last week, Gethin invited me to a meeting, where we could discuss these issues and for me to put forward ideas and for the club to show us what is on the agenda.

The meeting was an hour and a half long and took place in Gethin's office and we chatted informally about lots of topics that I will cover in this post with honesty and my opinion.

The first subject that was spoken of was the location of the family stand within the stadium and whether the club are now considering switching the family stand with the Canton stand, as this has been requested by many fans. This question was answered by Wayne Nash and the club have no intention of moving any section to another location in the stadium and the club are very happy with the set up as it is right now and they are adamant that is the case.

On the subject of the family stand, Julian Jenkins told me of some of the plans the club has for this season regarding the family stand, there are plans in place to have more co-ordinators on the concourse under the stand where children will have more activities ongoing before and even during the game and also that there are plans for unused squad members to be in the family stand meeting with the children before the game and playing on the PS3 consoles with the children, signing autgraphs and having pics etc.

I asked whether the players could run out towards the family stand like they did in Ninian Park and Wayne explained because of the location of the home changing rooms and dug-out, this is the reason they run out and turn left towards the Canton Stand and it is Dave Jones' request that the team attacks towards the home dug-out in the second half.

I urged the club to be more pro active in promoting itself and telling the fans more about what is going on in the club, especially the good things like the tax bill being paid and the transfer embargo being lifted, they may have been negative issues but it is a positive for the club and it's supporters to know that we have overcome these situations. Gethin Jenkins told me that they will take that onboard and Julian supported my statement by saying we dont shout from the rooftops and we dont promote ourselves well enough but they all tell me that will change.

Julian was enthusiastic that for the first time since being at the club he has now got a marketing budget and he was sad that the marketing side has often been knocked by supporters but he says it was never for the lack of trying, it was a lack of funds. There is a campaign by the club which we will see from the start to the very end of the season called ' I'LL BE THERE ' and over the next few weeks you will see it bcoming more apparent and it is a campign to encourage people from a wider community to the club. This subject did bring up the topic of the books and it is the club's policy not to re-stock the Valley Rams book or any of Annis' books but it has been agreed that this decision will be reviewed in time. The club feel that it is unfortunate timing and the decision is not to alienate the Valley's or anyone else but they have made a decision and they are sticking with it at present.

Julian told me that they are having new computer software where they can evaluate our fanbase, where the supporters are from and this will be a tool the club will use in positive effect ie. where we need to get a bigger fanbase for that area's population and if the child attendance from a particular area is low the club can get more involved in that areas schools and so forth.

There are plans to use this software in a positive nature too for regular fans ie. sending a birthday wish to a fan and also in future leading to a loyalty scheme, where when you use your fortress card ( stadium card ) you will gain points, like going to the club shop and buying a shirt or buying food from the kiosk will rack up points on your card which will then be used by the fan to redeem against an offer.

The club feel they have the away ticket policy smack on and will continue to run it as they did last season. They feel there is no need to have a loyalty scheme based on away matches attended as they feel their system is right as it is.

I asked if the striped 70's shirt and the '1927' logo would find their back into the club shop and I was shown graphics of how our match tickets and ambassador cards would look next season and also how the official website is having an overhaul and the white and yellow stripe feature heavily. The matchday programme would also have the stripes and will be called 'I'LL BE THERE '.

Whilst I was there Gethin Jenkins had to go out of the office and meet our first ' signing ' of the season and I will not name the player even though I recognised him, as he has to go through a medical and has not officially signed for us and I obviously do not want to disrupte any chances of signing him.

I asked Wayne Nash why in certain games that I felt the stewards turned a blind eye to standing ( Leicester play offs/Swansea ) but yet the stewards were over zealous in getting fans to sit in other games. Wayne's response was that the club did not turn a blind eye during those games but they had to consider how many were standing and felt it would be unsafe to send stewards into a large crowd and demand they sit and it would have been a pointless exercise but I must stress that safety advisory groups are putting pressure on the club not to renew season tickets of fans who persistently stand and the club has been asked to take tough measures. The club are going to be very strict on standing next season and recognise we have a singing section in the Canton but as I say it will become much harder to stand in any other parts of the ground next season.

On the club's finances Gethin was coy, I asked about budget's, transfer activity, income streams but Gethin did not want to answer these questions, I asked about TG's ' top 2 ' statement and Gethin said it was taken out of context but understood how we thought that could mean spending big amounts on players. What he was careful not to do was to put himself in a position to fall by a statment he made, he said to me ' action not words '. ' Only when something needs saying shall we say it ! '

Throughout the meeting Gethin Jenkins spoke very little and sat in silence for long periods and at the end of the meeting I told him I was slightly disappointed at how very little he said, but when I came away from the meeting it is my opinion that he is reserved, a keen listener who takes everything in, I believe he is learning from the previous chaiman and realises the mistakes that he made.He will not say anything unless it is fact and is the complete opposite to the previous chairman. Gethin Jenkins is learning his role and that for me is the reason that Julian and Wayne were present because quite simply Gethin could'nt answer the operational questions that I was asking. I feel he is there to take care of the business and to make sure it runs self sufficiently, he allowed Julian and Wayne to speak as they were talking from experience and this is their role within the club.

I am proud to say that Gethin Jenkins recognises this forum as an outlet for information for thousands of fans, believes we should be part of the club and have a voice and has now put us on all future press releases that the club release. This is a wonderful gesture and is testament to how big this forum has become in such a short time. We now have an official line of communication with the club and I look forward to attending future meetings in the not too distant future.

Exclusive to http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

All rights belong to http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Deportivo Friendly at CCS
Saturday July 31st :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 49,00.html

During my meeting with the Gethin Jenkins
by carlccfc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:40 pm

on Monday, I urged him and Julian to let the fans know of any positive news regarding the club. Regardless if it has been negative in the past, we must sell ourselves now, we are a big club and we should shout it out. I also said that when 10,500 fans paid with blind loyalty for their platinum ambassador season ticket in December we didn't know if we were going to be wound up, if wages would be paid and we were worried, so when things like the tax bill get paid, tell us. Also even though it has never been officially announced that we are under a transfer embargo, we know we are, it is not the fault of this current regime so the club again should tell us when it is lifted.

Gethin's response was " your comments will be taken onboard "

Julian agreed and said we dont promote our good aspects well enough and agreed with my staement.

Tonight the club has released a statement and I am happy they have listened and even more so they have acted.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 87,00.html

Well Done to the club
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: