Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IPSWICH 4.5m??

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Are they really likely to offer this amount and at the terms we require (prob 75% up front).

I find it hard to believe as they have crept up with the offers and now stand at 3.7m which is a strange number if you have the money and you no the valuation of a player.

Not sure either how much the owner of ipswich is willing to give to keane either he's worth around 200m which is not massive for football, his relationship with keane always seems fraught according to the press.

Any thoughts??????????????????????

Re: IPSWICH 4.5m??

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm

i think its because we still owe sunderland money for chops. we bought him for 4mil remember but didn't have money LOL

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I actually believe Chopra signing or not signing for Ipswich is a pivotal moment for them.

If they don't get their man I can see a strained relationship between manager and chairman with Keane likely to go. If they do get their man, Keane may have put all his eggs in one basket and if Chops doesn't deliver straight away Keane could find himself kicked out.

Looks like it may mean more to them than us.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Make no mistake, Chops signing for The Tractor Boys will mean a lot to us, a lack of ambition being one of those things.