Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY STANDING FIRM and WONT BUDGE

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am

On their £4.5million Valuation of Michael Chopra :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CITY STANDING FIRM and WONT BUDGE

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:35 am

Good, but i think £5.5 million is a better valuation for Chops. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 am

what have ipswich offered so far Annis?

are any other clubs intrested in Chops?

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 am

chippy909 wrote:what have ipswich offered so far Annis?

Only Ipswich so far £3.7 Mill .

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks

I cant imagine Chopra himself wants to go does he?

Why would he want to leave a team like Cardiff where he has settles now. Cardiff will challenge for promotion again next season.

Whereas Ipswich will probably be a lower league team. Maybe battline relagation.

Or is it the money Chopra is chasing?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 am

Why are we even putting a valuation on chopra to another Championship club?

I dont think we should sell to ipswich under any circumstances!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 am

And I would suggest this would be on installments, promotion to the prem etc..not a firm 3.7?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 am

chippy909 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks

I cant imagine Chopra himself wants to go does he?

Why would he want to leave a team like Cardiff where he has settles now. Cardiff will challenge for promotion again next season.

Whereas Ipswich will probably be a lower league team. Maybe battline relagation.

Or is it the money Chopra is chasing?

Chippy, they havent offered Chops any more money, its down to city if they want to Sell him and So far they are standing firm. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 am

I would like to see Chopra stay where he is, hopefully sense will prevail :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 am

Lou Vogel wrote:Why are we even putting a valuation on chopra to another Championship club?

I dont think we should sell to ipswich under any circumstances!!!

I think because Dave Jones thinks if he gets £4.5 Million and loses Chops, it will be enough money to improve the team with his replacements, but I know what you are saying.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

what I dont get is why do we even discuss selling Chopra...

we want to get into the premiership so why would we want to let our best player go? even for 6 mio I wouldnt consider selling him, cos I doubt we could get equal quality up front...

Chopra needs to stay

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Hofmeister wrote:what I dont get is why do we even discuss selling Chopra...

we want to get into the premiership so why would we want to let our best player go? even for 6 mio I wouldnt consider selling him, cos I doubt we could get equal quality up front...

Chopra needs to stay

Stefan, Because Ipswich and Keane have wanted him for over a year and have been putting bids in for him.

4 nil to the Germans Well Done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

thing is we still owe about 3mil to sunderland for chopra :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:03 pm

mpdblue wrote:And I would suggest this would be on installments, promotion to the prem etc..not a firm 3.7?

yes, you wouldnt be far wrong with that.

I think we were due to pay Run-derland an additional £1 million plus, should we have gained promotion to the premier.

I dont see Chops going to the tractor boys myself, although, if they get what they want for Wickham, then perhaps they will come back with an improved offer.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Joff wrote:
mpdblue wrote:And I would suggest this would be on installments, promotion to the prem etc..not a firm 3.7?

I think we were due to pay Run-derland an additional £1 million plus, should we have gained promotion to the premier.

I dont see Chops going to the tractor boys myself, although, if they get what they want for Wickham, then perhaps they will come back with an improved offer.

I think we've set it about right.

If they pay us that then its a decent deal. I don't want him to go, but can't see where we are going to get the money we need to bring in 5 players from otherwise.

Any less, or any doubt about what we'd get (i.e. add-ons) and we'll struggle to replace his quaility

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Joff wrote:

I think we've set it about right.

If they pay us that then its a decent deal. I don't want him to go, but can't see where we are going to get the money we need to bring in 5 players from otherwise.

Any less, or any doubt about what we'd get (i.e. add-ons) and we'll struggle to replace his quaility

To me, if we sell Chops it's showing a lack of real ambition, he's a match winner and strikers of his quality are nigh on impossible to replace, Although in saying that I am a big admirer of Ross and given a decent run in the team I believe he'd score 20+ goals for us.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

If we got any ambitions of the premier then we need to keep him :old:

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:56 am

Good iam glad we are standing firm, we need to show that we are going to get our house in order our way, and not by selling our best players off on the cheap.