Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: calling all t-totals

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:13 am

it means your more like a women :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 am

I wouldn't say I'm T-total but I never drink, I bring up my two small kids so don't really have a social life any more!! I did have a few at xmas! I used to drink a lot when I was still hanging with "the boys" never drank at home anyway!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:56 am

didn't say it did, but its god damm tastes nice :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 am

Calling t-girls :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:27 am

ELY BOY wrote:Its all about priorities bigbluebird I suppose :) you have me the right and obvious choice.
Ben mate that is where we differ, I hate the taste of booze, I drink to get slaughtered, a nice pint down the pub is pointless to me. Drink to get drunk :/

I thrashed the booze all the way through from the age of 14 or 15 to my early 30's when I developed liver problems.

As the father of 2 young kids (who are my world) tbh it scared me to death. My nan died of liver failure in her early 50's so there was a bloody big warning too.

Don't get me wrong I still drink - occasionally - but I can say that for the most part I've lost interest in it. If I never had another drink I can truthfully say it wouldnt bother me.

Half the time the booze would depress me anyway.

I got into distance running 3 years ago and the highs I get after I've going for a decent run are difficult to beat.

Good luck with it Ely Boy.

Running or excercise generally are a great way to replace the 'high' :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 am

ELY BOY wrote:Last time I drank was wembley, that sunday morning was the worst I've ever felt, literally thought I was going to die haha.
I used to be a big, massive drinker, talking eight cans a night plus spirits :/ functioning alcoholic for about a year I would say.
Any booze now messes my head and body right up, anyone else t-total on here and how so you deal with it? Everything nowadays is
Alcohol based and its a nightmare if I'm honest. :/

All t-totallers please give me strength :) haha.

I'm TT and have been for ages.

StT.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

i very rarely drink i only drink on a staff night out (one every few months) and i never drink at home.
mind you i go through about 20 coffee's a day :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

I hardly drink alchohol these days and prefer to be into fitness and stuff. I feel much better for it, both physically and most importantly mentally.

I do find it strange that these days its ok to be into this and that( things which were scorned upon not long ago), however, if you say you dont drink, or go to church, you are classed as odd.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 am

noooo i wouldn't say odd, id say GAY !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :naka: :violent2:

Only joking :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 am

I don't drink at all......im cheap when hubby & i goes out because all i drink is coke.......and i have a fab time because i am funny without drink (even though i have been asked many of times am i pissed) but thats me!

I haven't drunk for nearly 20yrs simply because it makes me :twisted: as i beat up my ex-boyfriend at the time :oops:
so stayed off the drink ever since :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Last time I drank was wembley, that sunday morning was the worst I've ever felt, literally thought I was going to die haha.
I used to be a big, massive drinker, talking eight cans a night plus spirits :/ functioning alcoholic for about a year I would say.
Any booze now messes my head and body right up, anyone else t-total on here and how so you deal with it? Everything nowadays is
Alcohol based and its a nightmare if I'm honest. :/

All t-totallers please give me strength :) haha.

8 cans with spirits a night is heavy going. Moderation is the key, say 6 cans and spirits a night.

I drink once a week, sometimes twice if its a sunny week. One thing i cant stick is the Ganja, used to make me tired, dont touch it now.

But if you cant keep to once a week maybe the odd 2 times, best to give it up, have you tried Crack ?

Only joking best of luck :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 pm

I used to suffer from Epilepsy and have not drunk (properly) for 10 years.

I have the occasional glass (½pint of Guinness) every 6 months or so (or when on holiday) but that is my limit LOL!

Beforehand I only drank 3 pints a night max anyway so I was never a big drinker.

I find the longer it goes the easier it gets. However, I did have a weak spot one one of the restaurants up here in Wigan put Brains SA on as a "Visitor Beer".

If youve not tried them the no alcohol beers have got better over the years. Kaliber has improved however my preference is Becks Blue. Personally I couldnt tell the difference between the two.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I legally shouldn't drink :?:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I stopped getting pissed about 30 years ago when I looked in the mirror one morning and saw my father looking back at me.
No way did I want to be like him so I gave up totaly for ten years. After that I'd just have a few pints then go on the cola.
I can honestly say I enjoy life more without getting plastered.
If getting rat arsed is you thing then enjoy.
If stying sober is your thing then congratulations.