Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"JOE LEDLEY" WILL FINALLY BE SIGNING THIS WEEK

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 am

But Sadly not for us :cry: , I have just been told, he will Def be Signing for a New Club Prob "THIS WEEK" and its between 2 Clubs Celtic or a Premiership Club and it Might not be Stoke as Westham and a couple of other Premier Clubs are not giving up.

Re: "JOE LEDLEY" WILL FINALLY BE SIGNING THIS WEEK

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:But Sadly not for us :cry: , I have just been told, he will Def be Signing for a New Club "THIS WEEK" and its between 2 Clubs Celtic or a Premiership Club and it Might not be Stoke as Westham and a couple of other Premier Clubs are not giving up.

This needs to be sorted soon Annis, it is no good for anyone all this speculation. If he do go to a prem club then that would be fine by all concerned I reckon. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 am

Yes, time to get this sorted.

It may not be such a bad thing. Ledley is a good player, as is McPhail, but the combination in CM just lacks an out and out ball winner. Let's hope any compo goes towards sorting that out, as long as he goes to a Premier club of course :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 am

let it be a prem club so Jones gets some player transfer cash ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 am

Good, hope the little prick goes sooner MR CARDIFF FAN must be devesated

LATER JOE, YOUR JUST A AVERAGE CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AT BEST , after a season at your new club you'll soon make the bench and slip into the "great footballers" black hole never to been again lol Your way over rated, hence why the crappy stoke etc will take a chance on you, where's the Man Utd and Arsenal's ?? lmfao :lol:

the sooner he's gone the better, disruptive little gobshyte, we can move on and get a tough hardman midfielder

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 am

Ben wrote:Good, hope the little prick goes sooner MR CARDIFF FAN must be devesated

LATER JOE, YOUR JUST A AVERAGE CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AT BEST , after a season at your new club you'll soon make the bench and slip into the "great footballers" black hole never to been again lol Your way over rated, hence why the crappy stoke etc will take a chance on you, where's the Man Utd and Arsenal's ?? lmfao :lol:

the sooner he's gone the better, disruptive little gobshyte, we can move on and get a tough hardman midfielder

f*cking WELL SAID :ayatollah:
about time someone called it like it is ;)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 am

ELY BOY wrote:I have to agree with ben on this one. Get as much as we can for him and move on, won't be a big loss in my eyes.

my sister has still got a pic of class mates from when they were in school, wearing a liverpool kit :roll: they all used to travel to anfield

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:02 am

disagree, I'm sad to see Joe leave (if he does). It's called professional football and he plays where they pay him the best cash as everyone of us would. sad thing is, that he was never offered a proper contract when PR told us that he refused to sign one bla bla...
now he's on a free, and every pro footballer would now choose the new employer who pays the best money

but I still hope he chooses Cardiff

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:30 am

bye joe bet you regret this move you simply are the most over rated player i have seen in my time

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

ive never rated him to be honest..

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 am

jinks/cwm wrote:ive never rated him to be honest..

me too! don't know what the hype with is ? hence the no intrest from the big prem clubs, even though they can get the "best player ever" for free :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

Ben wrote:Good, hope the little prick goes sooner MR CARDIFF FAN must be devesated

The fact is that no one, apart from Stoke a few years ago, are prepared to spend any money on him must say something. Largely he is a creation of the local media, hyped up way beyond his ability. He doesn't tackle, lacks pace and can't beat an opposition player with the ball. If Darcey Blake had been playing in the holding/ball winning role in midfield in recent seasons we would have won quite a few of the games we drew or lost.

For me if JL can get a pay-packet of £25,000 per week congratulations to him, but he is nowhere near worth that much. What DJ sees in him I honestly don't know. Perhaps Stoke's interest is more to do with height than ability.

His loss will not weaken our side next year.

StT.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 am

maybe Joe has perfected the LONG THROW and nobody apart from Pullis knows this ? :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:08 am

But in Joe's defence Gavin Rae has captained Glasgow Rangers, played Champions league as well as numerous caps for Scotland yet hes shite so my point is if he can play higher than Joe certainly deserves a shot at the big time.

I think hes a good player but agree that Mcphail and Joe are not the best balance as neither of them are particularly big tacklers plus Joe doesn't seem to break from the middle like he did 18 months ago.

Lets just all keep our fingers crossed he signs for a Premiership club.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 am

joe is a great player. got a lot of stick over the last 2 years.

shame to see him go :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 am

agree its time for him to move on and hopefully with the cash we can bring in someone who can run the midfield with a big hairy pair of gonads ;)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 am

I for one wish Joe all the best and hope he goes to a Premiership side, on top of his game and injury free Joe is a very good player.

I will never forget his winner against Barnsley that took us to the FA Cup Final and for that alone i will be eternally grateful so good luck to him and i hope he does well and cuts it in the Premiership because that can only be good for Wales. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Love Joe or Hate Joe - everyones opinion will differ and see different things in his abilities!

He has to be sensible (with a mrs who dont work and baby enroute) to go where the money is but also where he will get to play - because the contract he is going to get wont be a 10yr deal and come next season noone wants to buy a bench warmer!

I do hope he gets to play and also proove why a few yrs ago he was worth 6 million and whilst under DJ's working he has not improoved or shone - Good Luck to him where ever he ends up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:18 pm

He has to be sensible (with a mrs who dont work and baby enroute)

most people servive on half of what that fool earns a week!!!!! and he earns what most of us earn in a week :evil:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm

so you would refuse taking more money for your work then?

footballers wages are too high, we all agree on that, but dont blame the players. blame clubs, managers and us fans cos we pay a lot of money to watch our teams play

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Hofmeister wrote:so you would refuse taking more money for your work then?

footballers wages are too high, we all agree on that, but dont blame the players. blame clubs, managers and us fans cos we pay a lot of money to watch our teams play

Stefan, I totally agree Wages in Football are Far to high.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi lads, Im glad to have joined such a cool forum full of true city fans.
Myself I will be sorry to see Joe move on and I think he deserves some credit for not making the move last yr when he could have easily had gone. I also feel we always seen the best out of Joe in his more natural left midfield role so again I think he has done well in centre with not too many other options. I hope Joe makes a move that's right for him and wish him all the very best for future :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:38 pm

no i wouldn't because being a cardiff fan i wouldn't want to play anywhere else! as long as i earned a few quid to put a roof over my head and food id be happy!! anything else a bonus :ayatollah: but then thats the diffrence between me and ledders

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

BlueDazlar wrote:Hi lads, Im glad to have joined such a cool forum full of true city fans.
Myself I will be sorry to see Joe move on and I think he deserves some credit for not making the move last yr when he could have easily had gone. I also feel we always seen the best out of Joe in his more natural left midfield role so again I think he has done well in centre with not too many other options. I hope Joe makes a move that's right for him and wish him all the very best for future :ayatollah:

Welcome BlueDazler, great forum with some great debates. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Its not as simple as being a Cardiff Fan or not being a Cardiff fan is it though? We've offered 11000 a week but he's also had an offer of 25000 a week, that's one hundred grand shy of THREE MILLION QUID difference over a four year contract!!!

Unless you are in that position you cannot possibly comment about what you would do. I've not missed a game for seven or is it eight years home or away, league or cup and whilst at the moment I would say I would stay at Cardiff, if that contract was in front of me I don't know if I could walk away from it.

Add to the fact Joe has openly admitted to supporting Liverpool and Cardiff in his youth. So the fact that you've seen him in a Liverpool shirt is hardly surprising.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Ben no footballer is going to stay at city if he can get more money elsewhere and play in the prem that all changed in the seventies there is no loyalty anymore, and who can blame them with the sort of money they can make its bloody ridiculous

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm

i know but i can honestly say that hand on heart id play for the city, and stay there :ayatollah:

don't give a fook, hate england wo i definatly wouldn't want to live there, its bad anough at away games, hate the place, green green grass from home for me! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Ben wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:ive never rated him to be honest..

me too! don't know what the hype with is ? hence the no intrest from the big prem clubs, even though they can get the "best player ever" for free :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Got to agree with your post mate! say it as it is .. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Ben wrote:i know but i can honestly say that hand on heart id play for the city, and stay there :ayatollah:

don't give a fook, hate england wo i definatly wouldn't want to live there, its bad anough at away games, hate the place, green green grass from home for me! :ayatollah:

So you say at the moment.

But if a contract for an additional THREE MILLION POUND more over a four year period, which would financially secure your family for life, was put in front of anyone... It would be difficult to turn it down.

I would probably say I would turn it down at the moment, though I think if it was there in front of me things might be a little different. Add the fact you would be playing premier league football every week to and facing the likes of Gerrard and Lampard.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Oh and Annis, unless it happens tomorrow, which I don't think it will. It won't be happening this week.