Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tyson or Ali

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Me & my 2 boys were having a debate on who would come out on top, one thinks Tyson the other Ali.Personally i'd go for Ali, although Tyson was a huge hitter, Ali in his prime would have been to smart & i reckon would have worn Tyson down. Although while one was ending his carrear & the other was starting out, if both met in their prime it would have been the greatest sporting contest of all time. What would be the general opinion on the outcome?

Re: Tyson or Ali

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Ali.

Ali would frustrate and get into Tysons head before they stepped in the ring.

I would go for a comfortable unanimous decision for Ali or maybe a late technical knockout.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Two great fighters but there's only ever been one underfeated World Heavyweight Champion.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:52 pm

THE OPPRESSED wrote:Two great fighters but there's only ever been one underfeated World Heavyweight Champion.

Yeah but who did he fight?

He was a pretty small heavyweight in comparison to someone like lennox lewis. Lewis would simply be too big and powerful for Rocky.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 am

Ali no problem.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:42 am

Cant compare, "ALI " IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But I still loved watching Tyson and have been to see him beat Williams in less than 3 minutes .

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 am

ALI but i liked tyson more as he was just mad :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 am

Ali every time.

Tyson was a big puncher but so were Joe Frazier and Gearge Foreman and look what happened to them (Frazier 2nd fight of course :lol: ) :shock:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:05 am

Tyson would be a mere punchback for Ali. Tyson would not see where the punches were coming from :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 am

bwoodblue wrote:
THE OPPRESSED wrote:Two great fighters but there's only ever been one underfeated World Heavyweight Champion.

He was a pretty small heavyweight in comparison to someone like lennox lewis. Lewis would simply be too big and powerful for Rocky.

http://www.rockymarciano.com/marciano_record.html

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 am

With out a doubt it would be Ali every time.

NO WAY would I like Tyson near our Tannoy system. You can hardly make out a word he say's!! :D

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Tyson was over-rated.

Actually, he was over-rated by the very men who were stepping in the ring with
him. They were beaten before the fight started. Once Tyson got stopped by Douglas
he lost that fear factor and the bigger men were willing to trade with him, end
of Tyson!! Frank bruno had Tyson all ends up when they fought but was scared to
go in for the kill.

Ali feared no man. He would have stopped Tyson after 7-8 rounds

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm

What about Audley Harrison :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali 'GREATEST OF ALL TIME'

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 pm

THE OPPRESSED wrote:
bwoodblue wrote:

http://www.rockymarciano.com/marciano_record.html

his resume doesn't come close to Ali.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:10 pm

My vote wud def go to Ali

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:21 pm

ali :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Tyson.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Ali without a doubt.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:14 pm

ROCKY MARCIANO.
The only underfeated heavyweight champion ever.

"his resume doesn't come close to Ali."

THE SUPER FIGHT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Fight

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 pm

THE OPPRESSED wrote:ROCKY MARCIANO.
The only underfeated heavyweight champion ever.

"his resume doesn't come close to Ali."

THE SUPER FIGHT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Fight

:lol:

You have to take into consideration that was made in 1970.

Ali went on to greater things.

Ali was 6'3 and Rocky was 5'10.

Then there is the reach. Ali has a reach of 80". Rocky has a reach of 67".

Then there is the weight. Ali was regularly over 210lbs. Rocky was under 190lbs regularly.

The competition Ali faced is far superior.

Then there is the alias they went under. Ali- The Greatest and Rocky the The Brockton Blockbuster.

Ali is named the greatest because that is just what he is.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Ali would have been Tyson with ease, much as admire The Brockton Blockbuster Marciano, Ali would have stopped him in about 8 rounds. Marciano was as brave as a lion but very small, and basically fought fighters either passed their best in his title fights or light heavyweights e.g Walcott twice, Charles twice, Lastarza, Archie Moore and Britians Don Cockell. Also his manager kept him well away from the most dangerous heavyweight of that period of time Nino Valdes.

JBBJ

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 pm

I'd consider Ali as not only the greatest boxer of all time but also the greatest ever sportsman.Brilliant both in & out of the ring, his rapping was pure class & he was naturally a very funny guy.Tragic to see him as he is now though.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Well said sir, and so true.

JBBJ

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Ali for me was without doubt the greatest boxer. I remember my Father taking me to the old Plaza cinema on North Road in 1975 I was 14 (god I am old) to watch the thrilla in Manila, arguably the greatest fight ever.