Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"ITS A LONG JOURNEY BACK FOR FANS/ CLUBS "

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:00 am

Some Fans Love the Journey, I prob would enjoy it.

Newport County/Aldershot/Wimbledon/Accrington Stanley THEY HAVE COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, It can take 18 years, I have spoken to many fans from these Clubs and They have Loved every minute of the Adventure, they reckon there fan base gets bigger/stronger .

I rem Aldershots last ever game at Ninian Park, we won 2 nil Nathan Blake scored the 2 goals, they brought 400 Fans on a Night game and Sang all the way through WE WILL SUPPORT YOU EVER MORE in the GRANDSTAND, I was next to them, WE APPLAUDED THEM AT THE END .

Now its Chester City/Scarboroughs/Merthyr Tydfils /Halifax Town Turn.

Link here

http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/arti ... e=MzY5Nw== :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "ITS A LONG JOURNEY BACK FOR FANS/ CLUBS "

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:18 am

I recall that game also, didnt we pay for them to come...............?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:20 am

RichardBluebird wrote:I recall that game also, didnt we pay for them to come...............?

Richard, Also that game now has been struck off, so Blakes goals never were.
Yes Rick wright did :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 am

Halifax Town is another club I have the utmost respect for, during the fuel crisis I remember them coming to NP and boys were sent out at HT to find them petrol for their journey home. Ahhhhh the good old days

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I recall that game also, didnt we pay for them to come...............?

Richard, Also that game now has been struck off, so Blakes goals never were.
Yes Rick wright did :ayatollah:

Thats right, we had to pay to full fill fixture, bloody Rick Wright and the Jnr Bluebirds...... My son still has his certificate lol

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Halifax Town is another club I have the utmost respect for, during the fuel crisis I remember them coming to NP and boys were sent out at HT to find them petrol for their journey home. Ahhhhh the good old days

Yes I rem Richard, I forgot about them in my list :oops:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 am

We've touched luck over the years Annis, we could so easy be on that list. Still, onwards and upwards. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:18 pm

I remember the halifax game during the fuel crisis, it was a game I didn't go to, it was either ninian or work, it was that bad a situation up with us !
It was one of two home games I missed in ten seasons at ninian !

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:11 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:We've touched luck over the years Annis, we could so easy be on that list. Still, onwards and upwards. :ayatollah:

Richard, Your right we were nearly there a few times and This year under The Riddler even nearer, BUT NOW HOPEFULLY "ONWARDS and UPWARDS" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:12 pm

The Trooper wrote:I remember the halifax game during the fuel crisis, it was a game I didn't go to, it was either ninian or work, it was that bad a situation up with us !
It was one of two home games I missed in ten seasons at ninian !

We clapped them as well for coming, at first we sang you must have come in Taxi, but later on WE APPLAUDED THEM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: