Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dave Jones' american love

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 am

Midfield general wrote:If that Kevin Cooper is so good then why wasn't he involved in the USA team tonight ? Jones was willing to break the bank to make sure we'd get this guy.

(His is more proof that Jones with finances may not be as good as Jones without finances.

A lucky escape for us. Cooper couldn't even make an impact at Plymouth.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 am

Midfield general wrote:If that Kevin Cooper is so good then why wasn't he involved in the USA team tonight ? Jones was willing to break the bank to make sure we'd get this guy.

(His is more proof that Jones with finances may not be as good as Jones without finances.

I believe Jones is better off having hardly any money, he works better, I agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I believe Jones is better off having hardly any money, he works better, I agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That would suggest his man management skills are not as bad as people make out then though wouldnt it? Or are you just saying he's a better bargain hunter than other managers?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:47 am

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That would suggest his man management skills are not as bad as people make out then though wouldnt it? Or are you just saying he's a better bargain hunter than other managers?

He is a better bargain hunter than other managers in my opinion.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 am

We did sign Kevin Cooper, played for us for a bit.

The American was Kenny Cooper.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:47 pm

With all due respect I think that's an extremely obvious and unfair statement to make about Dave Jones. With the exception of one season he has never had any money to spend in his entire career. When he did have money Wolves were promoted. Also, whem Wolves were promoted I seem to recall that a lot of the signings were made by Moxey not Jones. Furthermore, I think he only had £8 million to spend anyway.

In that season he brought:

Isaac Okoronkwo Shakhtar Free 08-07-2003
Silas Uniao Leiria £ 1000000 09-07-2003
Oleg Luzhny Arsenal Free 24-07-2003
Jody Craddock Sunderland £ 1750000 31-07-2003
Henri Camara Sedan £ 1500000 01-08-2003
Steffen Iversen Tottenham Free 01-08-2003
Ioan Ganea Bursaspor Free 31-12-2003
Carl Cort Newcastle £ 2000000 25-01-2004
Paul Jones Southampton £ 250000 29-01-2004
Seyi Olofinjana Brann £ 1700000 01-07-2004

The only shocking signings were Silas, and Cort. On the other hand I would say that Craddock, Camara, and Olofinjana were very good signings.