Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: english and proud.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Xcasual wrote:As long as your Cardiff city that's good enough for me :ayatollah:.We need all the support we can get :!:

city till i die mate city till i die :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm

rob wrote:guess what? i'm english ! and you know what? i'm proud of it. why? because i have nothing to be ashamed of.
i was born in kent, my parents are from kent, grandparents are from bolton and spent 15 hours a day in the cotton mills earning an honest bob.
i have worked all my life, pay my taxes and have brought up 3 kids in wales. i have lived in wales for 30 odd years and consider it my home, i support cardiff city and would defend the welsh at all costs.
but i am still proud of my heritage and my lineage and why shouldnt i be.

so what if you welsh hold a grudge about the english oppression many hundreds of years ago.
so what if you dislike us for our rugby team , here's a shock, most english do as well :o
i have read many reasons why you hate the english on here lately and think that maybe your passion for hating the english could be put to better use elsewhere.
us english dont hate you, and heres a surprise most of us want your football team to do well.
so mabe give us a chance and you will find out we aint all bad, some of us are quite nice realy :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can slag me off, slate my countrymen and abuse my patron saint, but it isnt going to stop me being proud of my family origins or being proud of my country of birth.
after all it is the land of my forefathers.

Seeing as you have an AK47 ...I think you're a great lad :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 pm

rob ;) :D :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 pm

ben ;) ;)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 pm

You should be proud of your roots rob ;) Stop worrying and remind your family in the land of hope and glory that England is a principality of UK. Good lad ;) :o :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Technically all English are actually Welsh, When the romans invaded the Britons all spoke a form of early Welsh called brythonirism, So there we are your ancestors in Kent , some tribe like the iceni in essex etc would have spoke Welsh, So there we go Rob your actually an honoury Welshman now living the right side of the border :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:52 pm

rob wrote:guess what? i'm english ! and you know what? i'm proud of it. why? because i have nothing to be ashamed of.
i was born in kent, my parents are from kent, grandparents are from bolton and spent 15 hours a day in the cotton mills earning an honest bob.
i have worked all my life, pay my taxes and have brought up 3 kids in wales. i have lived in wales for 30 odd years and consider it my home, i support cardiff city and would defend the welsh at all costs.
but i am still proud of my heritage and my lineage and why shouldnt i be.

so what if you welsh hold a grudge about the english oppression many hundreds of years ago.
so what if you dislike us for our rugby team , here's a shock, most english do as well :o
i have read many reasons why you hate the english on here lately and think that maybe your passion for hating the english could be put to better use elsewhere.
us english dont hate you, and heres a surprise most of us want your football team to do well.
so mabe give us a chance and you will find out we aint all bad, some of us are quite nice realy :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can slag me off, slate my countrymen and abuse my patron saint, but it isnt going to stop me being proud of my family origins or being proud of my country of birth.
after all it is the land of my forefathers.

Mate as am I English and proud !

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 am

i wonder how many on here are english :D

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Too many :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Oi............. we arn't that bad!!!!!!!! ;)

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Kent

you don't say :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:54 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Kent

you don't say :lol:

Oh dear!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:59 pm

rob wrote:
Xcasual wrote:As long as your Cardiff city that's good enough for me :ayatollah:.We need all the support we can get :!:

city till i die mate city till i die :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Rob are you doing that don't shave for England crap ? If you get to the final and with that AK47 you'll look like Osama Bin Laden :lol: :lol: :lol: