Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

english and proud.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:38 pm

guess what? i'm english ! and you know what? i'm proud of it. why? because i have nothing to be ashamed of.
i was born in kent, my parents are from kent, grandparents are from bolton and spent 15 hours a day in the cotton mills earning an honest bob.
i have worked all my life, pay my taxes and have brought up 3 kids in wales. i have lived in wales for 30 odd years and consider it my home, i support cardiff city and would defend the welsh at all costs.
but i am still proud of my heritage and my lineage and why shouldnt i be.

so what if you welsh hold a grudge about the english oppression many hundreds of years ago.
so what if you dislike us for our rugby team , here's a shock, most english do as well :o
i have read many reasons why you hate the english on here lately and think that maybe your passion for hating the english could be put to better use elsewhere.
us english dont hate you, and heres a surprise most of us want your football team to do well.
so mabe give us a chance and you will find out we aint all bad, some of us are quite nice realy :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can slag me off, slate my countrymen and abuse my patron saint, but it isnt going to stop me being proud of my family origins or being proud of my country of birth.
after all it is the land of my forefathers.

Re: english and proud.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm Welsh, but agree with every word you said :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:42 pm

rob wrote:guess what? i'm english ! and you know what? i'm proud of it. why? because i have nothing to be ashamed of.
i was born in kent, my parents are from kent, grandparents are from bolton and spent 15 hours a day in the cotton mills earning an honest bob.
i have worked all my life, pay my taxes and have brought up 3 kids in wales. i have lived in wales for 30 odd years and consider it my home, i support cardiff city and would defend the welsh at all costs.

so what if you welsh hold a grudge about the english oppression many hundreds of years ago.
so what if you dislike us for our rugby team , here's a shock, most english do as well :o
i have read many reasons why you hate the english on here lately and think that maybe your passion for hating the english could be put to better use elsewhere.
us english dont hate you, and heres a surprise most of us want your football team to do well.
so mabe give us a chance and you will find out we aint all bad, some of us are quite nice realy :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can slag me off, slate my countrymen and abuse my patron saint, but it isnt going to stop me being proud of my family origins or being proud of my country of birth.

Good for you.

I won't be supporting England cos I'm not English, but I'd expect any Englishman to be as proud of his heritage as I am about my Welsh one.

What makes me laugh -and this isnt personal to you, but I've seen a lot of people upset by it - is why anyone from England should give a flying f'ck as to whether the Welsh, Scots etc.. want them to win or not.

For me I'm struggling to feel any interest in it at all as well.. we arent there AGAIN !

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 pm

cheers mate :D :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:45 pm

i think it is probably because most english would want the irish scots and wales to do well, as we see them as british teams.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:47 pm

rob wrote:i think it is probably because most english would want the irish scots and wales to do well, as we see them as british teams.

Personally I'd find that condescending.

Anyway I guess we'll never know :lol:

Its the big brother/little brother thing though isnt it.

Like us and the Jacks :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:48 pm

rob wrote:guess what? i'm english ! and you know what? i'm proud of it. why? because i have nothing to be ashamed of.

Were you born in England ?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm

rob wrote:i think it is probably because most english would want the irish scots and wales to do well, as we see them as british teams.

Actually I'd have to disagree.

When it came to the play-off final the majority of English fans said 'we don't want these Welsh C**ts in our league.'

Remember ;)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

When it came to the play-off final the majority of English fans said 'we don't want these Welsh C**ts in our league.'

Remember ;)

not the ones i spoke to mate

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:51 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:

Were you born in England ?

yes mate chatham in kent

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

rob wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Remember ;)

not the ones i spoke to mate

You probably didnt get a very representative cross-section mate, being a Cardiff fan yourself.

I had a few wish me well, but looking around at other web-sites the vast majority were heavily against us.

Not that I care. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Its the big brother/little brother thing though isnt it.

Like us and the Jacks :lol:

Aye, I mean how many Englishmen like the Yanks?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 pm

well they will have to get used to the idea, coz we going up next season :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

rob wrote:well they will have to get used to the idea, coz we going up next season :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Was born in Cardiff but raised by English parents in England since the age of 2, always followed City but stuck by my England roots

I don't know if I could bare the feeling of supporting Wales, depressing stuff

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 pm

its a pity that wales never quite make it, would love to see them there.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey rob - f**k off back to England!! :lol: :lol:

I'm only joking. Its just a bit of banter I like with the English - especially those who watch multi sports, and then we go and win in rugby.

And the fact we're a Welsh team playing in the English tiers. That always gets to them!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:02 pm

to be honest ive come across alot of english on my working away days, work etc and not one them them like the welsh!

had comments about me being welsh, the usual sheep crap, nothing but bad comments, even a fight in evesham because i was in a pub after work having a beer , Well i had the last laugh

the guy in work is a complete nob, londener, lives in dinas, thinks dinas poweys is a english strong hold????? say's he hates the way we speak and hates the welsh , hates going to the airport and hearing the valley inbreds ???? wtf??, so i suggest to him leave and its UH UH UH , then why did you come here? UH UH what a plank, and whenever england lose he never comes in for 2 days after, other people in work thought i was bullshitting, so i i bet and won! gutless nob he is

the 5pm programme today in itv, gameshow, welsh lad on from swansea :D , the "chase man" when offering him money say's "im not a fan of the welsh" and offered him less money WANKER!! that plastic alcholic bitch off weakest link is the same

ALL ARRAGONT STUCK UP PRICKS!

Lets face, it rob,

WELSH HATE ENGLISH, ENGLISH HATE THE WELSH Just as bad in both camps

Irish hate the english? scotish hate the english? and alot of other countries too, so you have to ask yourself why mate, and dont come back with "your jealous" , im so jealous id rather slit my own throat than become a arrogant self obbessed stuck up prick aka english

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Don't hold back Ben :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm not gonna argue with him english or not,he's got a b*stard gun :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm

The Chaser on "The Chaser" is Welsh I thought?

I'm sure he lives in Cardiff, maybe Newport.

I used to take part in a local quiz he set a few years ago.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Rob very good post indeed, but i got to disagree with you on the English want us to do well. Firstly i was born in England to an English Mother a Welsh father and very passionate Welsh Grandparents from the Valleys where i now live. My heart is 100% with Wales always has been always will. I have always worked in England. The Banter i have at work is immense and believe me 95% of them really wanted us to loose against Blackpool with a lot stating that it was an English Prem league not Welsh.
But on a whole it is good natured banter and a good laugh, but Welsh are really hated by Bristolians which pushed me towards my Welsh heritage when i was younger.
Do i want England to win the world cup ? hell no my life would not be worth living that's for sure.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 pm

of course Rob supports England when he's English (and rightly so), what I dont get this "Welsh should support England...blah blah"...

I see Wales as a nation (not a seperate state, but a nation) with it's own heritage, art, language etc.
the one thing in common with England is that both countries are part in the same political union (which obviously is run by the English), called Great Britain...

so the same logic would appear when one would say the French should support the Italians and the English the Germans as we are all part of one political union.... the EU...

:roll:

me supporting the Dutch or Italians???? Thanks but no thanks.... :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:24 pm

It appears that you are the one with this obsessive need to tell us your english, get over it man. By the way tomorrow, USA< USA< USA

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Rob very good post indeed, but i got to disagree with you on the English want us to do well. Firstly i was born in England to an English Mother a Welsh father and very passionate Welsh Grandparents from the Valleys where i now live. My heart is 100% with Wales always has been always will. I have always worked in England. The Banter i have at work is immense and believe me 95% of them really wanted us to loose against Blackpool with a lot stating that it was an English Prem league not Welsh.
But on a whole it is good natured banter and a good laugh, but Welsh are really hated by Bristolians which pushed me towards my Welsh heritage when i was younger.
Do i want England to win the world cup ? hell no my life would not be worth living that's for sure.

Not sure i agree with all that mate ive never really had much of a problem in bristol its all been light hearted banter with me and the bristol ladies love the welsh accent ive pulled many a bird with it..... :lol: i do get the odd comment i dont like the welsh etc but never had a scrap like... :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 pm

its all banter and rivalry! with everything it has always been there, always will

everyones as bad as eachother

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 pm

bristolbluebird37 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Rob very good post indeed, but i got to disagree with you on the English want us to do well. Firstly i was born in England to an English Mother a Welsh father and very passionate Welsh Grandparents from the Valleys where i now live. My heart is 100% with Wales always has been always will. I have always worked in England. The Banter i have at work is immense and believe me 95% of them really wanted us to loose against Blackpool with a lot stating that it was an English Prem league not Welsh.

Not sure i agree with all that mate ive never really had much of a problem in bristol its all been light hearted banter with me and the bristol ladies love the welsh accent ive pulled many a bird with it..... :lol: i do get the odd comment i dont like the welsh etc but never had a scrap like... :ayatollah:

No neither have i but they are quite ouspoken in there dislike of the Welsh . But on the other hand Rovers fans loved us for what we done to the shitheads last season. :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Ben wrote:to be honest ive come across alot of english on my working away days, work etc and not one them them like the welsh!

had comments about me being welsh, the usual sheep crap, nothing but bad comments, even a fight in evesham because i was in a pub after work having a beer , Well i had the last laugh

the guy in work is a complete nob, londener, lives in dinas, thinks dinas poweys is a english strong hold????? say's he hates the way we speak and hates the welsh , hates going to the airport and hearing the valley inbreds ???? wtf??, so i suggest to him leave and its UH UH UH , then why did you come here? UH UH what a plank, and whenever england lose he never comes in for 2 days after, other people in work thought i was bullshitting, so i i bet and won! gutless nob he is

the 5pm programme today in itv, gameshow, welsh lad on from swansea :D , the "chase man" when offering him money say's "im not a fan of the welsh" and offered him less money WANKER!! that plastic alcholic bitch off weakest link is the same

ALL ARRAGONT STUCK UP PRICKS!

Lets face, it rob,

WELSH HATE ENGLISH, ENGLISH HATE THE WELSH Just as bad in both camps

Irish hate the english? scotish hate the english? and alot of other countries too, so you have to ask yourself why mate, and dont come back with "your jealous" , im so jealous id rather slit my own throat than become a arrogant self obbessed stuck up prick aka english

the guy on the gameshow is welsh ben, he said he was tonight, he said "im welsh so why would i care how many parks are in london" so i cant see him slagging off the welsh.
as for the other english people you have met perhaps you need to chose your company better, come and have a pint with me im a nice englishman :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:23 pm

im not arrogant and never have been and im certainly not stuck up. (most of those live in london area)
im from chatham a good old dock yard area, salt of the earth.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 pm

As long as your Cardiff city that's good enough for me :ayatollah:.We need all the support we can get :!: