Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHILE STEVE BORLEY IS AWAY ON HOLIDAY

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Dave Jones has got stuck in to what players are still available on his list, TG has come over and has been down the Vale to see him and also has spent about 5 hours in The Club today getting to know all his staff better. Hopefully The Malaysians will put some more money in when DJ explains to them, that We desperately need more players even if we kept everyone of them(except Joe Ledley) from last Season, the squad would be much to thin to Survive a season challenging to be even in the top half of the league in My Opinion.

Whats great to see is TG is starting to come much more over here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHILE STEVE BORLEY IS AWAY ON HOLIDAY

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Id like to be a fly on the wall when TG tells DJ that he cant have anyone on his list anymore unless they are freebies or loanee's.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Think TG will have no choice but to splash the cash. To be honest I cant see it being too much that he will need to splash for us to challenge again.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Id like to be a fly on the wall when TG tells DJ that he cant have anyone on his list anymore unless they are freebies or loanee's.

Yes thats what i think happened today.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 pm

I can't see him investing £6 million and just sitting back, he knows what needs to be done, and I would like to think he will dip into his wallet when needed, but from what I've read about the guy I can see some interesting and happy times ahead :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Id like to be a fly on the wall when TG tells DJ that he cant have anyone on his list anymore unless they are freebies or loanee's.

I would not be atall surprised if DJ go's on the first offer available and you can't really blame him, he agreed to stay on if his list was granted and that was agreed by both of them. We had "tell them one thing and do the other" for eternity at the City.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Marc wrote:I can't see him investing £6 million and just sitting back, he knows what needs to be done, and I would like to think he will dip into his wallet when needed, but from what I've read about the guy I can see some interesting and happy times ahead :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Marc, but there are also Millions of pounds worth of Debts left behind by the Riddler, which in fairness the Malaysians are trying to sort them out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Some very good freebies and loan players available.

We'll probably sell, but hopefully will get the money from that and strengthen further.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Ross Young wrote:Some very good freebies and loan players available.

We'll probably sell, but hopefully will get the money from that and strengthen further.

We wont be able to replace a Chopra, Bothroyd, Ledley, Whittingham, ect, ect with freebies or loanies.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:17 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
We wont be able to replace a Chopra, Bothroyd, Ledley, Whittingham, ect, ect with freebies or loanies.

That's true but the point is, we spent money we didn't have to buy and pay the wages of the the squad we have now. Sorting out the finances has to be the priority.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

That's true but the point is, we spent money we didn't have to buy and pay the wages of the the squad we have now. Sorting out the finances has to be the priority.

Yes I agree, but fans are expecting far too much and in all honesty a mid table position next season I think.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:46 pm

No such thing as free transfers these days.
Players available on a free expect a decent signing on fee.
Clubs also charge for loanees.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Yes I agree, but fans are expecting far too much and in all honesty a mid table position next season I think.

I'd be happy with that if we can cut unneccessary spending and pay some of the debt off.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:48 pm

I think the new owners will play their cards very close to their chest.

It would be unwise to make it common knowledge that we have cash to spend on players as this just inflates thier value and potential contract negotiations. The best signings for me are the ones that appear from nowhere on the official site.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I would not be atall surprised if DJ go's on the first offer available and you can't really blame him, he agreed to stay on if his list was granted and that was agreed by both of them. We had "tell them one thing and do the other" for eternity at the City.

richard

he will be lucky to find a club that will pay him the wages he earns here.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm

I totally agree Steve, DJ is probably the highest paid Manager in The Championship for next season.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm

I would not be atall surprised if DJ go's on the first offer available and you can't really blame him, he agreed to stay on if his list was granted and that was agreed by both of them. We had "tell them one thing and do the other" for eternity at the City.[/quote]
richard

he will be lucky to find a club that will pay him the wages he earns here.[/quote]

I know Steve, he must feel despondent tho after being told he can have his wish list then back from hols told he cant have it now. Not a great way to start now is it, you need trust.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:06 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:I would not be atall surprised if DJ go's on the first offer available and you can't really blame him, he agreed to stay on if his list was granted and that was agreed by both of them. We had "tell them one thing and do the other" for eternity at the City.

richard

he will be lucky to find a club that will pay him the wages he earns here

I know Steve, he must feel despondent tho after being told he can have his wish list then back from hols told he cant have it now. Not a great way to start now is it, you need trust.

we must wait and see richard as nobody really knows what the list is or was and only dj will be able to confirm if he has had his wishes granted.
anything else at the moment is pure speculation

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm

steve davies wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I would not be atall surprised if DJ go's on the first offer available and you can't really blame him, he agreed to stay on if his list was granted and that was agreed by both of them. We had "tell them one thing and do the other" for eternity at the City.

richard

he will be lucky to find a club that will pay him the wages he earns here

we must wait and see richard as nobody really knows what the list is or was and only dj will be able to confirm if he has had his wishes granted.
anything else at the moment is pure speculation

If he's got any sense he will have 4 or 5 options for each position he'll want to fill.

Any decent player we are after is liekly to interest the lower Prem clubs, better championship clubs and of course feckin Celtic !

So I'nm sure its not as cut and dried as...' here are the 7 players i want, can i have them'..