Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "SO DOES EVERYONE IN WALES HATE ENGLAND ? "

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:50 pm

marctheshark wrote:im english but i have been living in wales for 19 years, been a cardiff city supporter for over 10 years. season ticket holder for 5 years. i would love england to win world cup,

i love england-- but i love the city more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pretty much the same as me, born in England, lived there for 18 years, now 17 years in Cardiff and been following CCFC since 2000. ;)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:56 pm

my wife is from england and she hopes england don't win the world cup.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm

evans wrote:my wife is from england and she hopes england don't win the world cup.

:o terrible that is :o

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 pm

just because they are our rivals thats all, sport is nothing without rivals it wouldn't matter to me if wales had a succesfull team i would still hate them because they are our rivals the same has a local derby, but it's only a sporting thing i don't hate them as a race

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:11 pm

lets all hug an englishman :D

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:48 am

rob wrote:i was flying my george cross but the neighbours have pinched it and are holding it to ransom :lol: :lol: :lol:

burn it i say ! lol

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:49 am

welsh and proud ! WALES

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 am

lets all give sam a hug!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:55 am

I do not support any English team, never have.

I cant say I hate the English but I do hate the English press for many reasons.

When watching England's football team at tournaments I am not bothered either way but if they are up against another british side then I want England to lose. I will watch the English games in tournaments because we know so much about their players and see them week in week out but I dont hate them.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 am

I am proud to be British and Welsh. It's the same thing for me.

I don't hate the English at all. I am supporting them. I always do. Wales is my true love and I'll never miss a Wales game in Cardiff.

An English success at the World Cup would help boost football in Wales. Our young players all play in England and we as a club have played in the English league since 1910.

As for the media then we must understand that England has a much bigger population to Wales.

Our true enemy is Welsh rugby not English football.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:46 am

I don't hate the English, in fact, I don't believe in hating anyone, as hate is a very negative emotion that is only detrimental to one's self :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I don't hate the English, in fact, I don't believe in hating anyone, as hate is a very negative emotion that is only detrimental to one's self :ayatollah:

well said that man :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So why do a lot people in Wales Support English club sides, Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs ,Arsenal etc etc etc

MAKE YOUR MINDS UP, YOU EITHER HATE ENGLAND OR YOU DONT.

On another note the media coverage they get in the UK, is beyond.

i dont hate england or support them. england are a bigger nation then us and they will always be better then us at football.

welsh people need to accept that and stop being bitter and twisted like the jacks

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm

rob wrote:lets all hug an englishman :D

wot by the throat? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Love Wales, Love Cardiff City, love British football (so supporting England in this world cup) hate Jacks! (just a personal thing!)

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:38 pm

I dont hate English people. But I don't want England to win. I'm Welsh not English and I want Wales to win at everything.
I don't wish any harm to an England supporter , but in international terms they are our swansea.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I don`t hate England, I have loads of English mates. I do hate the way that the press build them up though, as though they have some devine right to win any competition they qualify for.

JBBJ

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 pm

recharding wrote:I am proud to be British and Welsh. It's the same thing for me.

I don't hate the English at all. I am supporting them. I always do. Wales is my true love and I'll never miss a Wales game in Cardiff.

An English success at the World Cup would help boost football in Wales. Our young players all play in England and we as a club have played in the English league since 1910.

As for the media then we must understand that England has a much bigger population to Wales.

Our true enemy is Welsh rugby not English football.

:ayatollah: COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Mules wrote:I don't know why I hate them, I just do. It's in my blood.

THATS ME TO A TEE!
When i see someone wearing an ingerland top, I actually cringe and have to look the other way! Have english friends and relatives and have lived there happily for a while, but when it comes to sport they are the old enemy end of!

Cant stand them!
:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:20 am

Fekin hate them with a passion........think they are a big footballing nation, things made as easy as possible to enable them to qualify, i hope they lose every single game they play.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Don't hate them as someone else posted hate is a very strong emotion however being Wlesh i do have a healthy dislike for them and there is no way i could actually bring myself to support them.

If i try and rationalise this i think it's mainly to do with the media and their total bias towards England all the bloody adverts and freebies given away in the papers i even saw yesterday you could get a dogs coat with the cross of St George which you could personalise with your favourite England player and squad number FFS Mind you i was tempted to buy one for my dog with I 8 England printed on it :D

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 pm

from my perspective: I would never say I hate the English as I have many great friends from there. I also never hate or dislike people just because of their passport or heritage or religion. There're good and bad in every nation, the English are no exception.
What I can't stand tho is the English media (esp. the papers), the arrogance of many English towards the Celtic nations and that many English see themselves as "superior".
and that applies also to us Germans, as unf. some of my countrymen are arrogant as feck towards other nations...

but this "Wales and Scotland must support England" is bollocks, why would a Welsh person support another country? I posted this b4 somewhere, Wales is a country having it's own heritage, culture, traditions, language etc.... They are only connected with England because of the political union called Great Britain. So if that's reason enough, why don't anyone demand that England supports France or Germany, Germans support the Dutch and Italians etc. as we are all connected in a political union...

the EU...

coming back to footie, I want England in the major tournaments as they are one of the great football nations. same goes for the Dutch, French, Italians, Argentines, Brazil, Germany etc.
England brings something to a tournament, excitement, atmosphere and a bit of passion.
when we play them, it is special because of the 66 world cup (not because of the war, cos then we would have a bigger issue with the Russians and the USA) and we want to win. nothing sweeter than a win against one of your great rivals (Holland, Italy, Austria and England). and I love reading English papers then, whining about everything, that the other team cheated, the ref was corrupt, temperatures too high, grass too green and the ball was too round...

so overall it is a far more exciting and enjoyable match when the Germans face England than when we play Portugal. Passion is important for me, what games are you looking forward with the City? When u play the Leeds, Millwall, Birmingham, Wolves, Brizzle or the Jacks... or would you rather go and watch Rotherham or Crewe?