Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"SO DOES EVERYONE IN WALES HATE ENGLAND ? "

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 pm

So why do a lot people in Wales Support English club sides, Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs ,Arsenal etc etc etc

MAKE YOUR MINDS UP, YOU EITHER HATE ENGLAND OR YOU DONT.

On another note the media coverage they get in the UK, is beyond.

Re: "SO DOES EVERYONE IN WALES HATE ENGLAND ? "

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 pm

From Wales, so support Wales, Born in Cardiff, so support Cardiff, simples :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 pm

themadhatter wrote:From Wales, so support Wales, Born in Cardiff, so support Cardiff, simples :ayatollah:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 pm

f*cking hate the bastards. would give me great pleasure to see them lose saturday.
i even bought a USA top yesturday.
:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:41 pm

love football , hate the English ( football team ) ! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
themadhatter wrote:From Wales, so support Wales, Born in Cardiff, so support Cardiff, simples :ayatollah:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I do try :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm

I don't know why I hate them, I just do. It's in my blood.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:03 pm

It wouldnt be so bad but they build the England national team up so much and you know they are just waiting to smash them back down when they fail and all these fcking adverts are driving me mad, Terry Venables, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Graham Taylor bloody everyone is getting in on the act

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It wouldnt be so bad but they build the England national team up so much and you know they are just waiting to smash them back down when they fail and all these fcking adverts are driving me mad, Terry Venables, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Graham Taylor bloody everyone is getting in on the act

Your find 2B2H it gets worse and worse as each world cup comes along.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 pm

If we're all 100% honest we as a country are jealous of their sporting status in the world.... if Wales were in every world cup, Euro championship then we wouldn't give a f**k what England did... simples :old: :old:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

To be honest the only time I hate England is when Wales are playing. I dont support England, nor do I want them to fail at the world cup. (unless Wales are playing them). I watch alot of premiership, Championship football, we pay in the English Pyramid system, we have english players, an English manager.

What i find irnoic, is welsh people who support English league teams, and want the English national side to fail. That I dont understand.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:If we're all 100% honest we as a country are jealous of their sporting status in the world.... if Wales were in every world cup, Euro championship then we wouldn't give a f**k what England did... simples :old: :old:

I agree with that, to a certain extent. It's just the way that the English media are always so expectant, and are surprised when they don't win a thing.
I won't be able to handle it if they win it this year, the rugby world cup was bad enough and i don't even care about rugby.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:25 pm

I agree with the media coverage, and the build up, the over expectations etc etc

But as a footballing side, I like to watch some of the best players in the world play fotball. The same as I like to watch Spain, Brazil, Italy, Argentina etc

I love football, i enjoy watching the best players in the world.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:If we're all 100% honest we as a country are jealous of their sporting status in the world.... if Wales were in every world cup, Euro championship then we wouldn't give a f**k what England did... simples :old: :old:

Compared to the "big hitters" in the world cup, England are massive under achievers. Italy, Germany, Brazil, Holland and the Argies are well out in front. They have only won it once and that was in their own back yard. ;)

They should do well compared to us because population/amount of clubs etc. Wales has a team with a population of less than Birmingham!!! I would like to see a team chosen from just within Birmingham play :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:18 pm

i dont hate them. :shock:

im just not fond of them VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:25 pm

dislike the football team coz they are our neighbors but dont hate them

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 pm

i do not support any English side but i do not hate the English either

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Its just natural 2 hate them

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 pm

i just wan't them to lose nomatter what sport they are playing, welsh through and through. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

not sure i hate england as such but i hate the english press and tv coverage of the world cup with a passion

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

its nice to know you all hate me........... :( :(

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:52 pm

rob wrote:its nice to know you all hate me........... :( :(

I dont Rob :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Were together on this :lol:

But rem many of them follow English Clubs :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

and they cheer on the english players who play for cardiff.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 pm

rob wrote:and they cheer on the english players who play for cardiff.

Just as I would if an ex jack plays for us too. (Curtis Leggy etc)

It's the team and what it represents, not the players I dislike. BTW, our players know we are getting at the opposition fans and team when the anti English stuff is sung obviously. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on USA!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 pm

rob wrote:its nice to know you all hate me........... :( :(

Rob, for all it's worth I enjoy your posts and you DEFINITELY give as good as you get :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm

I think it's really exciting seeing the houses painted red and White an with all the cars displaying the st georges cross. I'm soo looking forward to the moment it all comes crashing down on them when England go out. I can't stand England but believe they would have a chance if the public/media didn't put so much hype and pressure on them.

Keep the hype is best!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I want England to win the World Cup, my wife is English and I have loads of friends who are English.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:15 pm

i was flying my george cross but the neighbours have pinched it and are holding it to ransom :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm

I work in England and get the english team rammed down my throat.
In work there was 5 of them giving me the usual (good natured abuse)so I asked them what is the date of St.Georges day,not one of them knew.They are patriotic only during major sporting tournaments whereas the Welsh are patriotic about Wales 24/7.
C'mon USA.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm

im english but i have been living in wales for 19 years, been a cardiff city supporter for over 10 years. season ticket holder for 5 years. i would love england to win world cup,

i love england-- but i love the city more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: