Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: who are these REAL fans and what does he mean REAL stories

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm

He has a natural ability of (In Alan Sugar's words) 'Rubbing people up the wrong way'..

Let's face it, he has not had the greatest of starts at this club. Surely he needs to so something which will move the club forward with the passion of the fans behind him or he is out? Any thoughts?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Its early days but.......I NOT LIKE HIM!! :?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:48 pm

His people handling skills are very poor.

DJ your job is safe lol.

I think the directors ought to have a little word in his ear before he alienates more supporters as when you are learning your way around you need all the help you can get !!

I used to be a rugby & sports tour operator for most of my life but can tell you I am very dissapointed with his performance so far.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:16 pm

He proably means realy fans with no links or old links to hooligananism.....

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:23 pm

I agree, he's not even being given a chance. He's only been there 2 weeks. maybe we should organise a march?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Talk about over-sensitive. "Real" fans i.e "ordinary" fans. If he used the word "ordinary, no doubt you'd be up in arms about that. Stop looking for conspiracies and give the guy a chance. It's pathetic.

welcome to the board gethin :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Talk about over-sensitive. "Real" fans i.e "ordinary" fans. If he used the word "ordinary, no doubt you'd be up in arms about that. Stop looking for conspiracies and give the guy a chance. It's pathetic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

i agree we've got to give him a chance but he hasnt made a good start. he fact he has a rugby (the enemy) backround i do have my doubts abount him i dont think he understands football fans

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Marc wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome on board our Forum Gethin :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:He proably means realy fans with no links or old links to hooligananism.....

Well then he means 90% of Cardiff Fans from the 80's :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:welcome to the board gethin :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If he does something to deserve it, I'll criticise - until then I give him a chance. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:welcome to the board gethin :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If he does something to deserve it, I'll criticise - until then I give him a chance. :ayatollah:

Gethin, When can we meet up :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gethin, When can we meet up :lol:

Annis, just because I say "give him a chance" doesn't mean I'm him, does it? :lol: Funny how my original post got deleted (but people can quote it). So it's true then? Anyone who doesn't follow the party line on here gets censored - even The Voice of Reason. :D

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Annis, just because I say "give him a chance" doesn't mean I'm him, does it? :lol: Funny how my original post got deleted (but people can quote it). So it's true then? Anyone who doesn't follow the party line on here gets censored - even The Voice of Reason. :D

Are you Claude Blue in Disguise? :shock: :lol: :shock:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Marc wrote:

Are you Claude Blue in Disguise? :shock: :lol: :shock:

Let's get this straight......I'm not Gethin Jenkins, I'm not Claude Blue in disguise, I'm not Peter Ridsdale, I'm not Alan Flitcroft, I'm not Dave Sugarman, I'm not Wayne Nash, Julian Jenkins or anyone else at the CCS.......... I'm just the Voice of Reason. :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:06 pm

AHHH, so you're Tony Blair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking V.o.R...welcome mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:59 pm

No, Totally Disagree Gethin, EVERYONES OPINIONS ON HERE WELCOME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Gethin, can I have an autograph?? It's for one of my friends that aspires to p*ss off fans and authors in Wales, you are his idol ;)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

No, Totally Disagree Gethin, EVERYONES OPINIONS ON HERE WELCOME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So why did my post get deleted if there's no censorship? Check the thread mate - no post from me but people have quoted from it before it got deleted.
EVERYONES OPINIONS ON HERE WELCOME - MY ARSE - ONLY IF THEY AGREE WITH THE PARTY LINE.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Welcome VoR!!!

If you've popped over from CCMB, then I did try to warn you.

If you didn't have prior warning, then you've learn't very quickly.

Stick around, I need some support on here mon ami.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:21 pm

What is people's definition of a real fan, I have survived 44 years of Cardiff City with no footbal related charges, I have never bullied anyone, never attacked anyone just because they support a rival team, but I have had to defend myself and my mates on quite a few occasions, does that disclude me from being a real fan.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm the same as Gywn with a slight difference. I had to defend myself once......against a City fan. Am I now excluded.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Anyone who watched football regularly home and away over the same period I have must have come across intimidation threats and even occasional attacks during the 70's and 80's, there were times we'd go to away games with just about 100 of us, no away segregated sections, often you'd be surrounded by home fans out to scalp you, and two coppers telling you "don't ask me for help, it's your own fault for coming up here" surely I can't be the only one who went though that on more occasions than I care to remember.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 am

I'm sure we're an eclectic bunch of supporters, just like most clubs really.

It'll be interesting to see who our CEO feels are "real" fans.

To me, it should be all encompassing. Even though I've been around for what seems an eternity watching the club I love, I don't believe that that makes me more of a fan than someone who's only recently joined our gang. They may not have as many stories to tell, but a fan is a fan in my book.

Equally, I see no point in denying our, how shall I put it, chequered past with regards to some of our supporters. What's happened has happened and let's not try to pretend it didn't. However, I would add that such individuals must accept that the future lies away from such behaviour and strive towards a friendlier, family orientated support.

Great strides have been made by our club and supporters over recent years, something I hope that Mr. Jenkins will recognise. We've got a long, long way to go but real fans have one thing in common - our love and passion for all things Cardiff City AFC. I hope that our CEO can firstly understand that and, secondly, tap into the wealth of knowledge that we can all bring to the table.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:37 am

REAL fans!! REAL!! i think he means supporters that have THUGBY tendencies. The ones that have the same values as rugby supporters, This guy sounds an utter knob that's for sure, I'm all for giving someone a chance but i hate this guy, and that's mad coz Ive never met him haven't seen a picture of him or even heard of him before. How he can say he's a City fan beats me, please do one. :lol:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:00 am

Claude Blue wrote:Welcome VoR!!!

If you've popped over from CCMB, then I did try to warn you.

If you didn't have prior warning, then you've learn't very quickly.

Stick around, I need some support on here mon ami.

Claude, Yes you need some support to help stir everyone up on here, If this Forum is so bad why are you still on here Claude ?
I have always answered your different opinions than mine.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:06 am

No, Totally Disagree Gethin, EVERYONES OPINIONS ON HERE WELCOME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

So why did my post get deleted if there's no censorship? Check the thread mate - no post from me but people have quoted from it before it got deleted.
EVERYONES OPINIONS ON HERE WELCOME - MY ARSE - ONLY IF THEY AGREE WITH THE PARTY LINE.[/quote]

Now listen Gethin, your posts will always be welcome as long as they dont turn into sniping posts, If you have deleted one and come on here to try and accuse others dont bother, look your messages are being answered, i will just say this if every thread of yours is only to argue, I would rather you not post on here, at least Claude Blue has some good debates on here.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 am

Gethin

You really have got yourself onto a deep hole of your own making. What I am really mystified about is that you are concerned about what is being stocked at the club shop, surely what should be concerning you is the lack of goods stocked that could be generating profit for the club.

The shop is a disgrace and product lines show that the club doesnt have a clue about retailing and club brand marketing. The Blues have a much wider range and is always well stocked with a range of products for all age groups.

Gethin, take a look at Forest web site and you will see the club selling Clough - Taylor merchandise which is raising money to allow the club to erect a statue to honour the past glories of the club, Maybe its because you dont want us to have a history and only look forward, but when the supporters want to erect a statue there is no marketing help from you.

When you applied for your job you submitted a C.V. which was a history of your limited career and the club must have looked at your past and thought how could your past experiences be utilised to future benefit the club, so past experiences are important for the future. That is exactly what Gwyn has done with his book, he wanted to make the supporters have a safer, more pleasurable experience supporting the club they loved. Its people like him (and I have never met him) that are the REAL fans someone who looked at our history and thought how can we harness this passion and turn it into a positive for the benefit of the club.

Gwyn to me seems to be the sort of REAL FAN that you ought to be meeting Gethin but you are coming across as a Know it all with a very dictatorial attitude.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 am

ridofrid wrote:Gethin

You really have got yourself onto a deep hole of your own making. What I am really mystified about is that you are concerned about what is being stocked at the club shop, surely what should be concerning you is the lack of goods stocked that could be generating profit for the club.

The shop is a disgrace and product lines show that the club doesnt have a clue about retailing and club brand marketing. The Blues have a much wider range and is always well stocked with a range of products for all age groups.

Gethin, take a look at Forest web site and you will see the club selling Clough - Taylor merchandise which is raising money to allow the club to erect a statue to honour the past glories of the club, Maybe its because you dont want us to have a history and only look forward, but when the supporters want to erect a statue there is no marketing help from you.

When you applied for your job you submitted a C.V. which was a history of your limited career and the club must have looked at your past and thought how could your past experiences be utilised to future benefit the club, so past experiences are important for the future. That is exactly what Gwyn has done with his book, he wanted to make the supporters have a safer, more pleasurable experience supporting the club they loved. Its people like him (and I have never met him) that are the REAL fans someone who looked at our history and thought how can we harness this passion and turn it into a positive for the benefit of the club.

Gwyn to me seems to be the sort of REAL FAN that you ought to be meeting Gethin but you are coming across as a Know it all with a very dictatorial attitude.

An Excellent post Clive and I hope Gethin Jenkins reads this and take notice :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ridofrid wrote:Gethin

An Excellent post Clive and I hope Gethin Jenkins reads this and take notice :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah. I hope he reads it too. You're missing the point here.