Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JONES TO HOLD TALKS WITH CHOPRA

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid= ... with_jones

Any thoughts? Surely Jones wouldn't let him leave!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Re: JONES TO HOLD TALKS WITH CHOPRA

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 pm

He does seem to be one of Jonesy's favourites, if he did go I'm sure McCormack would step up to the mark.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Fatty Macca won't score enough & doesn't have the same movement as Chops

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:He does seem to be one of Jonesy's favourites, if he did go I'm sure McCormack would step up to the mark.

He is one of Jones Favourites and rightly so, but if over £4 Mill is offered, we are not really in a position to refuse it.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:He does seem to be one of Jonesy's favourites, if he did go I'm sure McCormack would step up to the mark.

He is one of Jones Favourites and rightly so, but if over £4 Mill is offered, we are not really in a position to refuse it.

I dont think any championship club could refuse 4m for any player but when its the championships best striker (imo) and to a rival i think it should be refused. I just cant see the sense in selling chopra to a rival its winding me up big time!!! :evil:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 pm

G.R.A. wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I dont think any championship club could refuse 4m for any player but when its the championships best striker (imo) and to a rival i think it should be refused. I just cant see the sense in selling chopra to a rival its winding me up big time!!! :evil:

I am totally with you on this .

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 pm

If Cardiff have to sell to buy - then my opinion is that we will have to accept anything over £4m. We could do more with the money - than we could with Chopra. Now, Im a big fan of chops - and don't want to see him leave - but looking at the bigger picture - We failed last season through lack of strength in depth, and Chopra went missing for a long time last season! I think the money could do more damage than Chopra could. as long as McCormack works on his movement, sharpness and physique pre season, then i feel a cheap replacement such as Austin would be our better option. leaving money to strengthen the midfield.

Some things are more important than one man I'm afraid however much we all love Chopra. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:11 pm

You CAN NOT sell Chopra to anyone in the same league as you

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

the club will be making a massive mistake if we sell chopra to a championship club, 20+ goals a season strikers are like gold dust in this division we'd be taking a massive gamble, it's ok saying we'd have 4 mill to strenghten the rest of the squad but we could end up like swansea with a good defence, good midfield but strikers who can't score in a brothel, we've got the best strikeforce in the championship lets keep it that way.