Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STUART CABLE'S FUNERAL

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Been speaking to Stuart's mum and brother and both of them are holding up well, they are a great tight knit family and just like Stuart real nice and friendly well liked people.

His brother Paul's feet haven't touched the floor since Monday as you can imagine, this ain't no ordinairy funeral and the planning and logistics are huge obviously. I have been told lot's of the details,but the death certifiacte was only issued today so no date has been finalised yet, but I will let people know thru this board.

It is looking likely that there will be a dress code for anyone entering the service, Stuart loved his football, rugby and bike's etc, but for the service it will be formal dress. His ex wife stated that Stuart was always traditional and respectful at funerals and always wore a suit, so I'm sure those people attending will respect the family's wishes.

It may sound cliched but the family (along with Stuart's wishes that he'd spoken about in the past), don't want this to be a sad tearful occasion (knowing Stuart, you'd expect nothing less) It really will be a celebration of his life, his life was joyous and full and the service will reflect this.

Re: STUART CABLE'S FUNERAL

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 pm

will everyone be able to attened or go to the area on the day gwyn?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:27 pm

i should imagine it will be a huge event. he was a very well liked person and a respected person. i hope it go's well for the family.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 pm

I know you have been hurting since the minute you heard Gwyn, He was Good friend of yours.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I think sheer numbers will maen there'll be far more outside than in, and in fact I'm sure it will lead to the roads being lined so everyone will have a chance to pay their respects.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 pm

going to be quite a who's who of famous faces too not to mention the hundreds of friends Stu has , gonna be big and a fitting farewell . Im away on hols on Thurs so if its when Im away I will be raising a glass :ayatollah: