Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My dog has cancer

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Found out yesterday that Bartley my cocker spaniel has cancer-really gutted. The vet removed a cyst last week. Sent it off for examination and results came back yesterday. They think they have got it all but he has got to have regular checks.

Re: My dog has cancer

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Found out yesterday that Bartley my cocker spaniel has cancer-really gutted. The vet removed a cyst last week. Sent it off for examination and results came back yesterday. They think they have got it all but he has got to have regular checks.

Really Sorry to hear Gareth, My Dogs have always been my best Friends and unless you have one, its very hard for non dog lovers to understand. Best of luck mate to you and your dog :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Found out yesterday that Bartley my cocker spaniel has cancer-really gutted. The vet removed a cyst last week. Sent it off for examination and results came back yesterday. They think they have got it all but he has got to have regular checks.

Really Sorry to hear Gareth, My Dogs have always been my best Friends and unless you have one, its very hard for non dog lovers to understand. Best of luck mate to you and your dog :ayatollah:

He should be okay according to the vet but as you say they are your best friend. When my Mrs was in hospital with baby Sam and my mum and dad had my other kids he was a life saver. After a day in the hospital to come home to a friendly face was bliss.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 pm

they aint dogs, they are apart of your Family :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hope everythings fine matey

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Hope he's o.k. There's nothing more loyal than a dog :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 pm

I really hope he'll be ok mate, dogs are part of the family

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Wish you all the best mate, their loyal and unbeatable companions.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm

sorry to hear it mate :|

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He should be okay according to the vet but as you say they are your best friend. When my Mrs was in hospital with baby Sam and my mum and dad had my other kids he was a life saver. After a day in the hospital to come home to a friendly face was bliss.

I really hope so :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

GOOD LUCK Bartley :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

I've had more wives than dogs (i've also had some dogs as wives) but a dog's love is un-conditional, I could kill a man easier than I could kill a dog, how people can be cruel or mis treat any animal but especially a dog is beyond me.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Sorry to hear mate :( , dogs are the best companions a man can wish for, give me a dog over most humans anyday.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Sorry to hear this Gareth, but if it`s of any help, both my old boys had several lumps and bumps removed, and on two occasions they were found to be cancerous. The vet said the same to me , and i just checked them over regular and fortunately nothing came back, and they both lived to good old ages ! :D Hope you have the same result Mate.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

Pete wrote:

Sorry to hear this Gareth, but if it`s of any help, both my old boys had several lumps and bumps removed, and on two occasions they were found to be cancerous. The vet said the same to me , and i just checked them over regular and fortunately nothing came back, and they both lived to good old ages ! :D Hope you have the same result Mate.

Hope you are rightPete. Bartley is a truly loyal friend.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 am

For people who don't have pets, this thread might seem not that important. But I myself have a cat. She's an indoor cat and pretty much acts in a similar way to a dog! She plays fetch etc and is very loyal. When I moved out of my mother's, obvioulsy I found it a shock to the system at first, a bit lonely etc. But my cat would sense if I was unhappy and would try to cheer me up. She follows me around the house and I can't close any doors when I go into a room as she'll just wait outside for me or bang the dorr with her head.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't have survived living by my self for the first 6 months without my cat.

Animals are a very important part of our lives so I hope Bartley takes a turn for the better :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 am

I know what your going through, I love my dog just as much as my family.

My dog was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago when he was 2 and the vet said he wouldn't survive the night. He had it all through his blood and various other places.

However he did survive the night and the vet then suggested taking him to an animal hospital in Bristol. After lots of chemotherapy and other treatment he is still with us and fighting fit.

I really hope that your dog makes a full recovery. Best wishes Michael. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah get better soon Bartley and best of luck mate hope everything goes allright. Agree with you there Annis - I got 4 dogs now 2 Lurchers, a Border Terrier and a Heinzy should see my vets bills :lol:. Good job three of them are in a Kennel :lol: As you can gather shit shovelling is a favourite pastime :lol: :lol: :lol: better than shit stirring I suppose :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:07 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah get better soon Bartley and best of luck mate hope everything goes allright. Agree with you there Annis - I got 4 dogs now 2 Lurchers, a Border Terrier and a Heinzy should see my vets bills :lol:. Good job three of them are in a Kennel :lol: As you can gather shit shovelling is a favourite pastime :lol: :lol: :lol: better than shit stirring I suppose :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They are more expensive than a Wife :lol: :lol: But better Company :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 am

I wouldn't dare repeat that to my missus she would batter me :lol: :lol: :lol: but your right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:11 am

ihatealiens wrote:I wouldn't dare repeat that to my missus she would batter me :lol: :lol: :lol: but your right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine better not read this forum today :lol: :lol: