Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Viral Infection

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 pm

So I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago.. he said I had a viral infection.

Sore throat, coughing like a bitch, headache, etc. He gave me paracetamol told me to rest it off.

Started to get better, then went downhill again. Went back to the doctors, they said that I've basically caught another virus.

This time its a lot worse, can't sleep at night because of the coughing etc.

They gave me Coadine cough medicine which is apparantly quite strong, told me to take it at night, but its having NO effect and I'm still really bad at night.

Anyone here have any ideas of how the f**k I can get better quicker?

Re: Viral Infection

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:49 pm

REST .............thats the main tip to getting better............. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 pm

get checked again mate, thats how mine started, and i ended up with pneumonia, in hosp for 4 weeks and off work for 5 months.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm

If I'm not any better by tomorrow I'm going to go back again. It's becoming a right pain in the arse, because it's my last week of college next week and the course i'm on (purely coursework based) needs all the work 100% by next week, and I need it to get into university in september.

Oh and I've randomly just thrown up what looks like lots of gunge :shock:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Dafydd wrote:If I'm not any better by tomorrow I'm going to go back again. It's becoming a right pain in the arse, because it's my last week of college next week and the course i'm on (purely coursework based) needs all the work 100% by next week, and I need it to get into university in september.

Oh and I've randomly just thrown up what looks like lots of gunge :shock:

The gunge is a good sign......thats the infection you have :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Cheers for the advice :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 pm

UPDATE::

Went back to the doctors AGAIN today, they confirmed I had a chest infection and put me straight on 500mg antibiotics to take twice a day (apparantly they're quite strong??).

Thanks again everyone for the advice :ayatollah: :ayatollah: