Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Local Boy in the Photograph

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:20 am

Hi guys. From reading some of the posts on here I know that many of you are Stereophonics fans and that some of you were lucky enough to meet Stuart Cable.

Stuart was a character and a huge personality that will be missed by everyone. Stuart never had a No.1 single (Dakota was Phonics only No.1 and that was with the new drummer) so I just wanted to ask everyone to download Local Boy in the Photograph to see if we can finally get him to No.1.

Its sitting at No. 51 in the charts and has jumped up 25 places since yesterday. I doubt we will get it to No.1 but it would be great if we could get it into the top 10.

Stuart's new band, Killing for Company have also released their album this week and is available to download, It's called The Lost Art of Deception.

Thanks guys :ayatollah:

Re: Local Boy in the Photograph

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 am

Maybe somone could contact Kelly (lead singer) and ask that all money genarated from getting the song to number 1 again can go to stuarts child ! or somthing else stuart loved, im sure he'd gladly help/do that

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 am

Ben wrote:Maybe somone could contact Kelly (lead singer) and ask that all money genarated from getting the song to number 1 again can go to stuarts child ! or somthing else stuart loved, im sure he'd gladly help/do that

he backed numerous charities that there wont be enough money to go around , dont think a lot of people realized how much he did . Only the England world cup song stands between a Phonics number 1 for Stu , at the 3rd time of asking with this particular track .

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 am

even better reason to get it to number 1 ! im sure stuart would be even more delighted!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:57 am

Ben wrote:even better reason to get it to number 1 ! im sure stuart would be even more delighted!

too right , his new band Killing for Company have their album out soon too and I imagine he'd be delighted if that charted aswell !

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 am

Get your weight behind Stuart's last project; Lost Art of Deception. It would have put a smile on Stuart's face knowing that his latest band had cracked the charts. Royalties for Stereophonics songs wouldn't be paid to Stuart's estate. And the song Local Boy in a Photograph was written about another Aberdare boy who sadly passed on. Whatever the outcome with the songs Stuart will never be forgotten.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 am

Blackdragon wrote:Get your weight behind Stuart's last project; Lost Art of Deception. It would have put a smile on Stuart's face knowing that his latest band had cracked the charts. Royalties for Stereophonics songs wouldn't be paid to Stuart's estate. And the song Local Boy in a Photograph was written about another Aberdare boy who sadly passed on. Whatever the outcome with the songs Stuart will never be forgotten.

Well I have downloaded that album aswell. However, Stuart was known around the Valleys for his Stereophonics link. If you asked many people who Killing for Company are, they couldn't tell you. Also some people would be unwilling to pay for an album but more willing to spend 99p for the single.

Also the royalties would be paid to Stuart. He was in the band when the song was released. Cable got royalties from the Greatest Hits album and also had a small amount of royalties from their first album without him as 1 or 2 songs had some of his input before he left. Cable was still getting royalties from when TV shows/films used one of his tracks.

And as much as I don't like Kelly, I don't think he would keep the royalties, im pretty sure he would donate them to charity or give them to Cian, Cable's son.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 am

Have you got a link for the down load please?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 am

Red Dragon radio is pissing me off. They bumped on about supporting Local Boy and visit their website etc. That's all they were doing was trying to drive traffic through their site. So much for supporting the music, they've not got it on their play list have they. They can play the same Black eye peas song, Lady sodding gaga and that Kings of leon track over and over and over and over and over and over and over again all day long. Can't play Local boy though or anything by Stuarts new band can they. But then they never supported the Phonic when they were emerging anyway so what do you expect.