Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MUPPET CLAIMS TO HAVE "BROUGHT THE SOUL CREW INTO THE EDL".

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 pm

This clown is claiming to have brought the Soul Crew into the EDL.
Somehow I doubt it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0tjkqnoPg

Re: MUPPET CLAIMS TO HAVE "BROUGHT THE SOUL CREW INTO THE EDL".

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 pm

THE OPPRESSED wrote:This clown is claiming to have brought the Soul Crew into the EDL.
Somehow I doubt it.

"NEVER"

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
THE OPPRESSED wrote:This clown is claiming to have brought the Soul Crew into the EDL.
Somehow I doubt it.

"NEVER"

How come all these muppets are so obviously stupid!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:24 pm

people on here are slagging off the edl and the wdl all the time, yet those same people are on the edl and wdl site as members.

and at the end of the day isnt it everyone's right to freedom of speach and the freedom to march?

people who marched against the riddler had the same rights?

so who are you to oppose anyones right to free speach and the right to march?

im not for or against the edl im undecided at what it is they acctualy do. but im not going to take away their right to protest.

and just because someone has different thoughts or ideas to you does not give you the right to slag them off. and it does not mean that they are all stupid or racist.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 pm

rob wrote:people on here are slagging off the edl and the wdl all the time, yet those same people are on the edl and wdl site as members.

and at the end of the day isnt it everyone's right to freedom of speach and the freedom to march?

im not for or against the edl im undecided at what it is they acctualy do. but im not going to take away their right to protest.

and just because someone has different thoughts or ideas to you does not give you the right to slag them off. and it does not mean that they are all stupid or racist.

I thought that was a good post until the second half of the very last line :D :D

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm

should never tar everyone with the same brush (so to speak) :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 pm

rob wrote:people on here are slagging off the edl and the wdl all the time, yet those same people are on the edl and wdl site as members.

And they were given their freedom to speak and hold a rally and how did they use it. They screamed racial abuse into the faces of Moslim woman, very brave, performed their ritual nazi saluting and sang anti Welsh songs relating to certain welsh outdoor persuits involving sheep.
Demonstrators against them had their right to speak and march also.
The Cardiff boys who showed them the door exersised their right to slap numpties, Although I don't think the last example is enshrined in law.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 pm

im not saying i support them ,or that what they did/do is right. i just believe they have the same rights of free speech as the rest of us.

i think we have a mutual friend as well. :D

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 am

rob wrote:im not saying i support them ,or that what they did/do is right. i just believe they have the same rights of free speech as the rest of us.

i think we have a mutual friend as well. :D

Who's that then ? Early 80s we had loads of Ely lads followed the band.
Sadly after the bands first split in '84 a few of them went over to the dark side.
I remember a young boxer called Bethal knock out a bonehead with one punch
while his 6 or more mates just stood there shitting it. Bethal was on his own and
was a small kid but none of them wanted it when they saw their mouthy mate hit
the floor. I'm sure it was in the Mars Bar around '85/6. Funny as f**k.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 am

Yes, everyone has the right to freedom of speech (as the far right keep telling us) but lets take a look at what the aims of the EDL marches are.

They claim to be against Islamic extremism. Now out of the 50 odd million people of this country i would guess only a couple of dozen are not against Islamic extremism, so I am not sure who they are looking to influence.

They are opposed to sharia law, but we aint got sharia law and we aint going to get sharia law - so thats like saying we are against fire breathing dragons.

They are against mosques - but why? nobody is going to be forced to go to them if they dont want to. They say Halal meat is murder. Yes, it is - but the last time i looked, all meat is murder and involves suffering of animals. So unless these guys are vegans there is a little bit of hypocrisy here.

They claim Islamic extremists are allowed to preach hate, which is nonsense, those that try that sort of thing are dealt with swiftly by the authorities.

Demos usually have some aim in mind, to influence someone. 2 million people marched against the war on Iraq, the aim of that march was to get the government to change their mind on the war; like the anti-poll tax demo, the band the bomb marches and so on.

But everything the EDL march against is either not happening, or is being dealt with by the police. Yes, there maybe a very small number of individuals out there building bombs, but they are not going to be influenced by the EDL marching. So what exactly is the point? Who are the EDL trying to influence? How are their marches going to make this world a better place?

Well, the point, as can be seen time and time again by looking at the marches, is incitement of racial hatred. Chanting 'Muslim bombers off our streets'' is not going to stop people building bombs, chanting 'Allah is a paedo' it is not going to stop sharia law (cos it aint there to stop) ... what all this DOES do is stir up trouble with the local Islamic community.

A very cursory examination of the people behind this quickly blows away the myth of them being respectable, they are racist thugs and hooligans. Simples.

So yes, they have the right to free speech and we have the right to point out they are talking through their rear end and stirring up trouble. We should continue to slag them off cos they are nasty and hateful and we can point out that they are racist because they are.

I appreciate that there may be one or two that are not racist and think that the EDL are just standing up for the British way of life, but it is important to set people straight on this issue. I cannot think of any other subject where i would claim to be positive that i am right and anyone disagrees with me is wrong - but on this one there is absolutely no doubt what so ever in my mind, these guys are bad eggs and i will do whatever it takes to stop them growing.

if you think the EDL are the answer, you have asked the wrong question.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:01 pm

joe_public wrote:

Yes, everyone has the right to freedom of speech (as the far right keep telling us) but lets take a look at what the aims of the EDL marches are.

They claim to be against Islamic extremism. Now out of the 50 odd million people of this country i would guess only a couple of dozen are not against Islamic extremism, so I am not sure who they are looking to influence.

They are opposed to sharia law, but we aint got sharia law and we aint going to get sharia law - so thats like saying we are against fire breathing dragons.

They are against mosques - but why? nobody is going to be forced to go to them if they dont want to. They say Halal meat is murder. Yes, it is - but the last time i looked, all meat is murder and involves suffering of animals. So unless these guys are vegans there is a little bit of hypocrisy here.

They claim Islamic extremists are allowed to preach hate, which is nonsense, those that try that sort of thing are dealt with swiftly by the authorities.

Demos usually have some aim in mind, to influence someone. 2 million people marched against the war on Iraq, the aim of that march was to get the government to change their mind on the war; like the anti-poll tax demo, the band the bomb marches and so on.

But everything the EDL march against is either not happening, or is being dealt with by the police. Yes, there maybe a very small number of individuals out there building bombs, but they are not going to be influenced by the EDL marching. So what exactly is the point? Who are the EDL trying to influence? How are their marches going to make this world a better place?

Well, the point, as can be seen time and time again by looking at the marches, is incitement of racial hatred. Chanting 'Muslim bombers off our streets'' is not going to stop people building bombs, chanting 'Allah is a paedo' it is not going to stop sharia law (cos it aint there to stop) ... what all this DOES do is stir up trouble with the local Islamic community.

A very cursory examination of the people behind this quickly blows away the myth of them being respectable, they are racist thugs and hooligans. Simples.

So yes, they have the right to free speech and we have the right to point out they are talking through their rear end and stirring up trouble. We should continue to slag them off cos they are nasty and hateful and we can point out that they are racist because they are.

I appreciate that there may be one or two that are not racist and think that the EDL are just standing up for the British way of life, but it is important to set people straight on this issue. I cannot think of any other subject where i would claim to be positive that i am right and anyone disagrees with me is wrong - but on this one there is absolutely no doubt what so ever in my mind, these guys are bad eggs and i will do whatever it takes to stop them growing.

You've hit the nail flush on it's head there Joe :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 pm

salim hall, i work with him, he's a top bloke :D

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:11 pm

rob wrote:salim hall, i work with him, he's a top bloke :D

I play in TIGHTEN UP with Salim, he's our singer and capable of strangling any song : )
http://www.myspace.com/tightenupcardiff
You right though, top bloke.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
joe_public wrote:

You've hit the nail flush on it's head there Joe :ayatollah:

Too right. If a nail was ever hit on the head then this is it. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 pm

i dont think the EDL are the answer, and never said i did. im just defending their right to march. ( pref without abuse and nazi salutes)

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:37 pm

joe_public wrote:

One of the best posts I've read on this forum. EDL are rascist and hearing that some City fans turned up on Saturday and put them in their place makes me immensely proud :ayatollah:

If we could tap into the multi-ethnic population of Cardiff and get a % of them down to CCS then we would have sell-outs every week and be looking to increase capacity.

They seem to have done it in Manchester (City and Utd) so surely it should be possible in a forward looking capaital city like ours ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 pm

piledriver the people who turned out to have a scrap with the edl are as bad as them. the people who protested peacfully against them good luck its their right to protest. but there are elements of the uaf who are as much fascist as the bad element of the edl. they are just there for the trouble

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:piledriver the people who turned out to have a scrap with the edl are as bad as them. the people who protested peacfully against them good luck its their right to protest. but there are elements of the uaf who are as much fascist as the bad element of the edl. they are just there for the trouble

I can see what you are saying and probably shouldn't condone any physical attacks. However, the fact that City fans made their feelings known against this organisation must be a positive even if their feelings spilt over.

Of many causes to fight over, rascism is probably still the one that could provoke me enough to get involved even with the advancing years :roll: :lol: :lol: I love my City because of it's diversity not in spite of it :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:piledriver the people who turned out to have a scrap with the edl are as bad as them. the people who protested peacfully against them good luck its their right to protest. but there are elements of the uaf who are as much fascist as the bad element of the edl. they are just there for the trouble

I can see what you are saying and probably shouldn't condone any physical attacks. However, the fact that City fans made their feelings known against this organisation must be a positive even if their feelings spilt over.

Of many causes to fight over, rascism is probably still the one that could provoke me enough to get involved even with the advancing years :roll: :lol: :lol: I love my City because of it's diversity not in spite of it :ayatollah:

i do agree with you on nearly all your points mate. but i do think the more trouble there is at these rallies them it gives the edl more publicity and more will join them. having said that they have made threats against ccfc fans, now thats a different ball game that would get me out of retirement

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:piledriver the people who turned out to have a scrap with the edl are as bad as them. the people who protested peacefully against them good luck its their right to protest. but there are elements of the uaf who are as much fascist as the bad element of the edl. they are just there for the trouble

UAF organised a demo, they marched from the bay to city hall and had a rally with speakers, politicians and community leaders around the corner from where the EDL were meeting.

Some people chose a more confrontational approach and got a load for grief from the UAF, they wanted everyone around the corner where the EDL could not see or hear them.

There was confrontation, but that cannot in anyway shape or form be put down to UAF. Now i am sure some would argue that saying UAF are peaceful and some hooligans attach themselves to them giving them a bad name is exactly what the EDL say about their following.

Not so. of the 1,000 that turned out for the anti-demo, most turned up, marched, listened to speakers and went home. Just look at the videos the WDL themselves have put on line and their own written accounts, it is as clear as day that 99% of the EDL were football thugs.

OK - so where do the anti-fascists that were up from confrontation fit into all of this? Well, they were not part of UAF, there was a mixture of radical activists, anti-fa, SHARP and footy lads (the mythical soul crew). The bottom line is UAF do not have the monopoly on resisting fascism, but because they happened to organise an official demo, everyone was branded as UAF. Try telling that to the 'soul crew'. I dont see them turning up to any UAF meetings in the near future, likewise the anarchists who told UAF quite firmly to f**k off when they wanted to cool things down.

Hopefully we have now gone some way to putting this nonsense about UAF being violent to bed.

So, now we come to the question of whether or not violence against fascist is in itself fascism. This is a conundrum i have struggled with for many years. Saturday went some way to helping me resolve it in my own head.

If UAF had had it all their own way all anti-fascists would have gathered around the corner, out of sight of the EDL, listened to some speakers, danced to some dub and gone home feeling happy. The EDL meanwhile would have been happy that apart from a few 'Commies, tramps and jihadists' (sic) they had been made quite welcome and it had been a job will done. And as a result they would have come back with more numbers, spread more racial hatred and caused more unrest in our community.

What actually happened is that large numbers of more militant anti-fascists made life very uncomfortable for the EDL. Had it not been for the largest police presence for any Cardiff demonstration in history, the EDL would have been in serious danger.

To rub salt into the wounds, large numbers of those in opposition to the EDL were footy lads/hooligans/soul crew - call them what you like. They are what the EDL consider to be their natural breeding ground - 'their own'. Chatter on the net, blog posts, bulletin boards etc since the event demonstrate that they have been severely shaken by this. They were expecting 'the soul crew' to be on their side and they were not. It is all a bit of a numbers game, but if you look at the fact that at most there were 150 EDL on the day and only a tiny fraction of those were 'WDL', not only were they outnumbered by UAF, there were more Cardiff city fans in opposition to the march than the whole of England and wales could muster to support it on the day.

Granted, there was an anti-English element thrown into the mix, but on the whole there was still an overwhelming anti-fascist flavour to proceedings. No matter what revisionism is going on in cyberspace at the moment, those were there know the truth.

No, violence is not the answer, we have to undermine them politically and expose the lies that they tried to spread. ultimately that is how they will be defeated. But at the end of the day, the EDL will not be coming back to Cardiff in a hurry, and that is not because the UAF had a rally with some speakers, it is because people communicated with them in the only language they understand.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

i cant believe that not one member of the uaf was involed in the trouble

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Not all of the EDL are racist. There are black and muslim members. However, I do agree that they need to sort out their racists before they can be taken seriously.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:i cant believe that not one member of the uaf was involed in the trouble

Maybe there was, but without checking membership cards it is difficult to tell. UAF organised a peaceful protest and had lots of families and 'respectable' politicians in attendance. The vast majority of them went home after the speakers - some probably hung around to join in with those that sought to take a more conforntational aproach, but there were large numbers present who wanted nothing to do with the UAF demo in the first place.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Dafydd wrote:Not all of the EDL are racist. There are black and muslim members. However, I do agree that they need to sort out their racists before they can be taken seriously.

And what exactly are we supposed to take seriously?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

joe_public wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Not all of the EDL are racist. There are black and muslim members. However, I do agree that they need to sort out their racists before they can be taken seriously.

Their views. We cannot ignore them and cast them aside as just some joke.

The BNP are racist fuckers yet they still get votes every election. They even had a spot on question time e.g. Taken Seriously.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Dafydd wrote:
joe_public wrote:

Their views. We cannot ignore them and cast them aside as just some joke.

The BNP are racist fuckers yet they still get votes every election. They even had a spot on question time e.g. Taken Seriously.

Well their views are that we are under threat of becoming an Islamic state and all Muslims are 'jihadists'. Whilst we have to accept that some people take this seriously, ultimately it their views actually are a joke, cos they bear no resemblance to reality. They just prey on ignorance to get people involved with their stirring up of racial hatred.

Aside from their politics, are we to take their tactics seriously? For the sake of argument lets assume that we are in danger of becoming an Islamic state - how is holding rallies up and down the country shouting 'E-E-EDL', or 'Muslim bombers off our streets' - or any other of their football chants - going to do ANYTHING to prevent the rise of militant Islam? And the fact is, that is all they do.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 pm

joe_public wrote:

and at the end of the day isnt it everyone's right to freedom of speech and the freedom to march?

so who are you to oppose anyone's right to free speech and the right to march?

im not for or against the edl im undecided at what it is they actually do. but im not going to take away their right to protest.

They are opposed to sharia law, but we aint got sharia law and we aint going to get sharia law - so that's like saying we are against fire breathing dragons.

Only a dozen against extremism ? where did you get that from there are hundreds in this country that are active, not to mention the sympathisers. Sharia law !! it happens in this country and its getting more common for the authorities to turn a blind eye. Never been interested in the EDL/WDL. but extremism is an issue and a concern and if we ignore it we do so at our peril.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
joe_public wrote:

and at the end of the day isnt it everyone's right to freedom of speech and the freedom to march?

so who are you to oppose anyone's right to free speech and the right to march?

im not for or against the edl im undecided at what it is they actually do. but im not going to take away their right to protest.

They are opposed to sharia law, but we aint got sharia law and we aint going to get sharia law - so that's like saying we are against fire breathing dragons.

Only a dozen against extremism ? where did you get that from there are hundreds in this country that are active, not to mention the sympathisers. Sharia law !! it happens in this country and its getting more common for the authorities to turn a blind eye. Never been interested in the EDL/WDL. but extremism is an issue and a concern and if we ignore it we do so at our peril.

Hundreds Active? Evidence please. If there are that many terrorists active why are we not hearing about bombs going off every week? if the police are aware of active extremists they nick them, there is no need for anyone to hold a march against them

OK.... lets assume it is in the hundreds, that is still and incredibly small percentage of the population. The EDL are happy to brand the entire Muslim population as 'jihadists'. Which is total nonsense.

Sharia law being applied in this country ?... again, evidence please, cos i aint seen it.

No-one is ignoring the threat of Islamic extremism, but marching up and down shouting Muslim bombers off our streets and causing rucks aint going to solve ANYTHING. What it will do is create tension in our communities and is more likely to radicalise Muslims than it is to make them see the error of their ways.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 pm

[
Only a dozen against extremism ? where did you get that from there are hundreds in this country that are active, not to mention the sympathisers. Sharia law !! it happens in this country and its getting more common for the authorities to turn a blind eye. Never been interested in the EDL/WDL. but extremism is an issue and a concern and if we ignore it we do so at our peril.[/quote]

Hundreds Active? Evidence please. If there are that many terrorists active why are we not hearing about bombs going off every week? if the police are aware of active extremists they nick them, there is no need for anyone to hold a march against them

OK.... lets assume it is in the hundreds, that is still and incredibly small percentage of the population. The EDL are happy to brand the entire Muslim population as 'jihadists'. Which is total nonsense.

Sharia law being applied in this country ?... again, evidence please, cos i aint seen it.

No-one is ignoring the threat of Islamic extremism, but marching up and down shouting Muslim bombers off our streets and causing rucks aint going to solve ANYTHING. What it will do is create tension in our communities and is more likely to radicalise Muslims than it is to make them see the error of their ways.[/quote]

Why if someone disagrees with someone on here and the first thing they say is EVEDENCE PLEASE. yeh i carry evidence around with me. Statements from the government /security sources etc that there are hundreds of cells waiting to strike or trying to strike. And its only a matter of time before they do but in large its also down to the fantastic work that is done by our intelligence and also luck that keeps those threats down. There are dozens of known terrorists that are free to roam our country at will because this Country hasn't the Bollocks to throw them out.
And you are naive if you don't think Sharia law doesn't go on in this country, honour killings, forced marriages.
PS why don't you come up with evidence to prove what I'm saying is fiction.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

joe_public wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:i cant believe that not one member of the uaf was involed in the trouble

Maybe there was, but without checking membership cards it is difficult to tell. UAF organised a peaceful protest and had lots of families and 'respectable' politicians in attendance. The vast majority of them went home after the speakers - some probably hung around to join in with those that sought to take a more conforntational aproach, but there were large numbers present who wanted nothing to do with the UAF demo in the first place.

im sure your right mr public. the point im making is that the uaf have got hangers on who are out for trouble and are no better than the edl thugs and they need to sort them out coz it just looks like lefty anarchist scraping with the right wing like in the 70's anl v nf