Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dave Jones' Wish List

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:58 am

I don't mind getting a few frees in.

Some very good players that are available on a free.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 am

I thought the Malaysian's would give DJ money?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 am

Ross Young wrote:I don't mind getting a few frees in.

Some very good players that are available on a free.

Joe Cole :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carl they have even copied this story in the echo :lol:

Claim copyright Carl!! lol... :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 am

carlccfc wrote:So Dave Jones came back from his holidays yesterday and is disappointed to learn that half of the players on his list are no longer available to him for different reasons, ie Bellamy staying at Man City, no money to spend etc.

The thing is I got to know a rep that used to come to my works and he was a Wolves fan and when DJ first came to us he always told me that Jones was a top manager when he didnt have the money but failed with his signings when Wolves backed him with cash.

I know that DJ is trying to keep the team together and obviously add to it but he has been promised that if any players are sold he will receive the whole amount for team strengthing.

My personal opinion is that if an offer comes in for Chopra for over £4 million then I think the club should take it but what may surprise others is I would also sell Whittingham too if an offer of £2 million+ and so far there has not been any offers for him, I dont think that Whittingham will repeat a season like last year as there has not been anything to suggest he was ever going to score that amount goals in previous seasons.

Personally i would sell Whitts also and for the exact same reasons as stated above. I wouldn't sell chops tho as even if he's not scoring he works so hard tracking back and helping defend, players like that are very rare indeed. I agree that DJ is about the best manager to have in place when funds are low so it's more important than ever that we keep him for another season. I believe DJ made a monumental error by keeping faith with Hudson but that's gone now even if it still hurts. For a manager that get's so much right he also gets some things wrong but as i said before...we'd have taken the playoffs at the start of the season so some credit must be due. I only hope that we can find a good pairing out of Gerard, Blake and Gyepes because in my oppinion hudson hasn't been able to "CUT IT" so far. I hope he does but to date he hasn't given us any reason to believe he can.
C'mon you Mighty Bluebirds

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:35 pm

sack wrote:I still think we will have a big signing, how about Sol Campbell or Nicky Butt :?:

Butt retired.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:05 pm

gwyn posted on herer a few weeks ago how we would react if the malaysians did not deliver.
we have heard top 2 next season?
feasable with 4 or 5 quality signings.
but looking to sell anyone and also no new signings as yet will surely be a major mistake on the malaysians part.
17500 season ticket holders will quickly turn to 10000 if we fall away badly next year.#
fine line to drawn in the coming weeks....

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, I know I am not a DJ fan, but to be fair to him, he knows how to deal and make money in the transfer market, on this he is one of the best, he has made mistakes, but over all on the Transfer market he is excellent. Dave Jones in My Opinion deals better with hardly any money at his disposal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Image :lol:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:52 am

Just reminds us all how important May 20th was ! :cry: I just know I will be cursing next Thursday at 10PM when i see fixture list!!! :evil:

Still HMRC has been paid so let's see what happens in next 2-3 weeks.

I am sure TG will want a decent squad going to Malasyia for the game as we need to "sell" Cardiff City to the Malasyian public.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 am

If I was Dave Jones Id be gone, I would be so pissed off that to be lied to and mislead so early into the new regime. Thats the trust gone immediately.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:So Dave Jones came back from his holidays yesterday and is disappointed to learn that half of the players on his list are no longer available to him for different reasons, ie Bellamy staying at Man City, no money to spend etc.

The thing is I got to know a rep that used to come to my works and he was a Wolves fan and when DJ first came to us he always told me that Jones was a top manager when he didnt have the money but failed with his signings when Wolves backed him with cash.

I know that DJ is trying to keep the team together and obviously add to it but he has been promised that if any players are sold he will receive the whole amount for team strengthing.

My personal opinion is that if an offer comes in for Chopra for over £4 million then I think the club should take it but what may surprise others is I would also sell Whittingham too if an offer of £2 million+ and so far there has not been any offers for him, I dont think that Whittingham will repeat a season like last year as there has not been anything to suggest he was ever going to score that amount goals in previous seasons.

Why the hell do people want to let Chopra go , Christ hes the best striker weve had in 30 years!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Dicey wrote:

Why the hell do people want to let Chopra go , Christ hes the best striker weve had in 30 years!!!!

Chopra wont go, there aint a Championship club that'll pay him a higher wage than we do and yes your right he is one of the better strikers we've had not sure about the best in last 30yrs though. Dale, Stant, Clarke ect......

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Carl,

Thank you very much for a very informative post. I have one question and I appreciate it may be one you're unable to answer.

You make refernce to only players on a free or loan being available. Do you know what type of wages we can afford? For example, would someone like Robert Koren be out of our range?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:44 pm

I believe that Koren could be the very type of player and situation that City are looking at, Koren is 29 and was offered a 12 month extension of his £16k a week contract which he turned down.

Koren is looking for a 2-3 year contract and obviously as big a wage he can get. I would have liked City to have done something, if interested, before the World Cup but obviously Koren will do his portfolio no harm by being a free agent during the tournament.

Could we afford his previous wages, I believe we could, when you consider we offered Joe upto £20k a week and offered Man City that we would pay £18k of Bellamy's wages if we could take on a season long loan.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:I believe that Koren could be the very type of player and situation that City are looking at, Koren is 29 and was offered a 12 month extension of his £16k a week contract which he turned down.

Koren is looking for a 2-3 year contract and obviously as big a wage he can get. I would have liked City to have done something, if interested, before the World Cup but obviously Koren will do his portfolio no harm by being a free agent during the tournament.

Could we afford his previous wages, I believe we could, when you consider we offered Joe upto £20k a week and offered Man City that we would pay £18k of Bellamy's wages if we could take on a season long loan.

Carl - i agree. Koren is exactly the player we could do with. The only downfall is the World Cup puts him in the shop window! lets hope they get knocked out earlier - and everyone forgets about him! (which i doubt!)

If ledley goes to the premiership - then we'll certainly have the funds available to replace him with Koren - I suppose, as mentioned the WC will be the deciding factor really ?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: