Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones' Wish List

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 pm

So Dave Jones came back from his holidays yesterday and is disappointed to learn that half of the players on his list are no longer available to him for different reasons, ie Bellamy staying at Man City, no money to spend etc.

The thing is I got to know a rep that used to come to my works and he was a Wolves fan and when DJ first came to us he always told me that Jones was a top manager when he didnt have the money but failed with his signings when Wolves backed him with cash.

I know that DJ is trying to keep the team together and obviously add to it but he has been promised that if any players are sold he will receive the whole amount for team strengthing.

My personal opinion is that if an offer comes in for Chopra for over £4 million then I think the club should take it but what may surprise others is I would also sell Whittingham too if an offer of £2 million+ and so far there has not been any offers for him, I dont think that Whittingham will repeat a season like last year as there has not been anything to suggest he was ever going to score that amount goals in previous seasons.

Re: Dave Jones' Wish List

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Carl, I know I am not a DJ fan, but to be fair to him, he knows how to deal and make money in the transfer market, on this he is one of the best, he has made mistakes, but over all on the Transfer market he is excellent. Dave Jones in My Opinion deals better with hardly any money at his disposal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:56 pm

I would question whether the club is being responsible in saying that all transfer income will be given to Dave Jones to spend on players when the club is so much in debt.

Surely a few years of stability without actively "chasing the dream" while paying off large chunks of the debt is far more sensible than another splurge the club can not really afford in the hope of the riches that the Premiership bring?

And it's not as if the dream cannot be achieved without spending large amounts (be on on fees or wages) as Burnley and Blackpool have both proven.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Surely if we were to sell Chopra & Whitts then Cardiff City will be doomed.......where are we gonna get better players? And lets be honest Bellamy is sooooooo unlikely to come to us Next season! Why not keep the players we got and get ourselves promoted then sell & buy players when we get the money for promotion?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:02 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Surely if we were to sell Chopra & Whitts then Cardiff City will be doomed.......where are we gonna get better players? And lets be honest Bellamy is sooooooo unlikely to come to us Next season! Why not keep the players we got and get ourselves promoted then sell & buy players when we get the money for promotion?

Because the club cannot afford the wages bill especially when most of the season ticket money is already gone.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Season tickets money was to help us out...wasnt that the whole idea of the "early bird"

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Season tickets money was to help us out...wasnt that the whole idea of the "early bird"

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

Apologize if already posted but aren't we owed money from brum for RJ?

We will sell to balance the books and jones will have no money to spend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:So Dave Jones came back from his holidays yesterday and is disappointed to learn that half of the players on his list are no longer available to him for different reasons, ie Bellamy staying at Man City, no money to spend etc.

Not a good start to the new board / manager relationship.

Yes we grant your list, leave it with us and go and have a well earned break. Back he comes and they've changed their mind. Oops.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 pm

corytonblue wrote:Apologize if already posted but aren't we owed money from brum for RJ?

thats been paid riddler did a deal for less money for quick payment.
had to pay the plaza hotel for all those rooms allegedly :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Wayne S wrote:
carlccfc wrote:So Dave Jones came back from his holidays yesterday and is disappointed to learn that half of the players on his list are no longer available to him for different reasons, ie Bellamy staying at Man City, no money to spend etc.

Not a good start to the new board / manager relationship.

Yes we grant your list, leave it with us and go and have a well earned break. Back he comes and they've changed their mind. Oops.

Wayne it was/is a wish list we dont know if they said we will get you these players.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 pm

steve davies wrote:
corytonblue wrote:Apologize if already posted but aren't we owed money from brum for RJ?

:lol: :lol:

Dont Start me Steve :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Plaza Princess :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 pm

steve davies wrote:

He really was a class act that PR. :evil:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Cheers Steve what a cnut that is,o well ive been busy lately seems nothings changed then :(

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 pm

The thing is I got to know a rep that used to come to my works and he was a Wolves fan and when DJ first came to us he always told me that Jones was a top manager when he didnt have the money but failed with his signings when Wolves backed him with cash.

I know that DJ is trying to keep the team together and obviously add to it but he has been promised that if any players are sold he will receive the whole amount for team strengthing.

My personal opinion is that if an offer comes in for Chopra for over £4 million then I think the club should take it but what may surprise others is I would also sell Whittingham too if an offer of £2 million+ and so far there has not been any offers for him, I dont think that Whittingham will repeat a season like last year as there has not been anything to suggest he was ever going to score that amount goals in previous seasons.

Good post Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, I know I am not a DJ fan, but to be fair to him, he knows how to deal and make money in the transfer market, on this he is one of the best, he has made mistakes, but over all on the Transfer market he is excellent. Dave Jones in My Opinion deals better with hardly any money at his disposal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just like len ashurst

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:00 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl, I know I am not a DJ fan, but to be fair to him, he knows how to deal and make money in the transfer market, on this he is one of the best, he has made mistakes, but over all on the Transfer market he is excellent. Dave Jones in My Opinion deals better with hardly any money at his disposal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just like len ashurst

I was a great Fan of Len Ashurst :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But he Also had a plan B :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Jones was a top manager when he didnt have the money but failed with his signings when Wolves backed him with cash.
sorry thats bollocks .
DJs budget when Wolves were promoted was £5 million.
Hayward asked him what it would cost to win the league.DJ didn't answer.
DJ was then asked what it would cost to keep Wolves in the premiership.He said £30 million.
Hayward then told DJ his budget was £5 million.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Come on lads this is all i heard this iv heard that ffs.lets just wait and see how the next few weeks go.then we can judge lets give the new owners a chance these guys are no fools imo :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Im fully behind DJ budget or not, the only mistakes that have been made are with wages and that should have been down to Ridsdale

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

Just like len ashurst

I was a great Fan of Len Ashurst :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But he Also had a plan B :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whose on the wish list.
Come on all you boys in the know.
I havn't seen many completed transfers so far which would have excited me have you ?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

DJ cant Buy until We Sell, but He can get Free Transfers.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DJ cant Buy until We Sell, but He can get Free Transfers.

and loans

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:21 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:DJ cant Buy until We Sell, but He can get Free Transfers.

and loans

Yes of course Sorry :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:Wayne it was/is a wish list we dont know if they said we will get you these players.

Cardiff City Official Website on 25 May 2010 wrote:Dave also presented proposals to club representatives which were accepted by all. As a result dealings will now take place with the aim of producing a squad that will see Cardiff City Football Club again challenge for promotion next season.

Suggests there that they reacted positive to DJ's proposals and dealings would now take place.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Wayne S wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Wayne it was/is a wish list we dont know if they said we will get you these players.

Cardiff City Official Website on 25 May 2010 wrote:Dave also presented proposals to club representatives which were accepted by all. As a result dealings will now take place with the aim of producing a squad that will see Cardiff City Football Club again challenge for promotion next season.

Suggests there that they reacted positive to DJ's proposals and dealings would now take place.

Yes but somehow they couldnt or were unable to deliver like Craig Bellamy top of DJ's List.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

Carl they have even copied this story in the echo :lol:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:34 am

I still think we will have a big signing, how about Sol Campbell or Nicky Butt :?:

the malaysia game is a big event, they have moved the natioanl league fixtures and are hoping for a big crowd a very well known player would certainly show ambition, leave a lasting impression over there and generate interest

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 am

sack wrote:I still think we will have a big signing, how about Sol Campbell or Nicky Butt :?:

the malaysia game is a big event, they have moved the natioanl league fixtures and are hoping for a big crowd a very well known player would certainly show ambition, leave a lasting impression over there and generate interest

I dont think so, unless we sell first.