Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC News from behind the scenes

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Peter Ridsdale was back at the club today to finalise and tie up the loose ends which now mean he has left our club for the final time.He has now left tonight to go back up North to his house, It also means that the club are now not paying the £2,000 per month rent on his house.

In terms of running the club Alan Whitely has the overall control as he is the company secretary, but has been given full controll of the Club and his first move has been to employ a new finance director, his friend Doug Lee, who was unemployed for the past 4 years.

Steve borley is helping dave jones with finding players as there is no one else in the club with the contacts in the football world.A bit worrying ?

Nick Alford is now the general secretary and will be writing the players contracts but has no previous experience in doing so.The dvd girl still keeps her role at the club too.

My view is that there are jobs being created for mates and I hope the Malaysians will see this sooner rather than later otherwise this coming season could become a disaster as i think there are people already doing jobs that they are not cut out for.
I am very worried.

Re: ccfc news from behind the scenes

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Is that the house that PR rented of Robbie Fowler???
Sorry, who is Nick Alford ?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Cheers Carl, Surely TG should be involved with the interview process even if it is to check out cv etc. :roll:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Well I think the jobs situation was summed up by the number of ticket office or club shop managers we had. Was it four??? We need a hatchet man in there and quick!

Re: CCFC News from behind the scenes

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I had hoped that with the Malaysian take over a new era of business professionalism would begin, not the same old Tom, Dick, & Harry freinds of the family jobs for the boys stuff. :?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:Peter Ridsdale was back at the club today to finalise and tie up the loose ends which now mean he has left our club for the final time.He has now left tonight to go back up North to his house, It also means that the club are now not paying the £2,000 per month rent on his house.

In terms of running the club Alan Whitely has the overall control as he is the company secretary, but has been given full controll of the Club and his first move has been to employ a new finance director, his friend Doug Lee, who was unemployed for the past 4 years.

Steve borley is helping dave jones with finding players as there is no one else in the club with the contacts in the football world.A bit worrying ?

Nick is now the general secretary and will be writing the players contracts but has no previous experience in doing so.The dvd girl still keeps her role in commercial dept at £50,000-£60,000 a year.

My view is that there are jobs being created for mates and I hope the Malaysians will see this sooner rather than later otherwise this coming season could become a disaster as i think there are people already doing jobs that they are not cut out for.
I am very worried.

All sounds a bit to familiar!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

I have to agree with carl........ very worrying :evil:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Get Jason back in there.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:Steve borley is helping dave jones with finding players as there is no one else in the club with the contacts in the football world. A bit worrying ?

My major concern, and one I got plenty of stick for expressing when Gethin Jenkins was appointed.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Deary deary time to email TG? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:00 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Steve borley is helping dave jones with finding players as there is no one else in the club with the contacts in the football world. A bit worrying ?

My major concern, and one I got plenty of stick for expressing when Gethin Jenkins was appointed.

You did and who ever did should apologise :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 pm

m4morris wrote:Get Jason back in there.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Did he go back up North in a helicoptor.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Did he go back up North in a helicoptor.

No :lol:

But he had his 2 cars taken off him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:28 pm

What's wrong with Borley? he must be seeing this mates club happening?!

TG an Tan should have started with a complete clean sheet!!

FFS

We need someone very soon to help with the football side of it!! urgent!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I would imagine solicitors draw up players’ contracts.
The club and player tell the solicitor what they want in it.
I don't go along with this no one else has contacts at the clubs.
Terry Burton, Neil Ardley.Paul Wilkinson.
Mark Kennedy all I imagine have contacts in the game.
I'd imagine there’s a black book with the agents’ numbers in it.
Other clubs seem to manage without high profile chairman.
Who’s the chairman at WBA Burnley etc?
Hardly household names I'd say.
Most business know how to negotiate a deal.
That’s how they made their money.

You worry to much Carl.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:01 pm

stickywicket wrote:I would imagine solicitors draw up players’ contracts.

You worry to much Carl.

Good post.

I still don't understand why you need 'contacts?' DJ has a list of players so the only contact needed is with the players agent, where a deal is put to them.

If that deal is the best on offer they will come if not they go else where.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You worry to much Carl.

Good post.

I still don't understand why you need 'contacts?' DJ has a list of players so the only contact needed is with the players agent, where a deal is put to them.

Ridsdale's 'contacts' would go a long way towards explaining why we were near the top of the league in payments made to agents.

If a player is available the acting agent will send his details to everyone surely, in order to get the best deal for his man.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:Peter Ridsdale was back at the club today to finalise and tie up the loose ends which now mean he has left our club for the final time.He has now left tonight to go back up North to his house, It also means that the club are now not paying the £2,000 per month rent on his house.

GOOD NEWS ON TOP OF THE £30,000 A MONTH SALARY.

I THINK ALAN WAS PROBABLY GIVEN INITIAL CONTROL AS HE WAS THE ONE THAT ESTABLISHED THE FIRST BUSINESS LINK WITH TG IN MALAYSIA AND HAS HIS LAWYER`S PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO CALL ON IN THE CRUCIAL EARLY DAYS.LONG TERM HE WILL HAVE NEITHER THE TIME NOR THE INCLINATION TO CONTROL THINGS.
I THINK DOUG LEE WAS NOT SO MUCH UNEMPLOYED AS SEMI-RETIRED. I UNDERSTAND HE MADE A LOT OF MONEY PERSONALLY FROM HIS STAKE IN THE PREVIOUS COMPANY HE WAS INVOLVED IN. PEOPLE WHO WORKED WITH HIM AT PWC WHEN HE WAS AN ACCOUNTANT IN PRACTICE THERE (I DON`T KNOW HIM AS WE WERE THERE AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COUNTRY) TELL ME THEY RATE HIM HIGHLY.

A BIT - BUT THEN PR HAD CONTACTS AND LOOK AT SOME OF THE EXPENSIVE MISTAKES THAT LED TO.FINDING PLAYERS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - DAVE JONES WILL KNOW THE PLAYERS HE WANTS AND FINDING OUT HOW MUCH THEY CURRENTLY EARN IS NOT DIFFICULT (A COUPLE OF MANAGERS I KNOW ASK ALL PROSPECTIVE SIGNINGS TO BRING ALONG A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT CONTRACTS WITH THEM WHEN DISCUSSING WHETHER THEY WANT TO SIGN OR NOT AND , PERHAPS SUPRISINGLY, VERY FEW OF THEM REFUSE IF THEY ARE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN SIGNING).

Nick Alford is now the general secretary and will be writing the players contracts but has no previous experience in doing so.The dvd girl still keeps her role in commercial dept at £50,000-£60,000 a year.

I CAN ONLY THINK THAT THE COSTS OF REMOVING SAID INDIVIDUAL ARE TOO HIGH OR THAT SHE WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ONGOING PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND APPRAISAL (OR THE DVD IS OF POOR QUALITY :D )

I THINK THE "JOBS FOR MATES" DAYS ARE EITHER COMPLETELY OR AT LEAST PREDOMINANTLY OVER, BUT IT MAY TAKE TIME TO CLEAR OUT ALL THOSE THAT THE NEW REGIME MAY WISH TO CHANGE (COST AND EMPLOYMENT LAW ISSUES)

NOT SURE WHO (OF THE NEW APPOINTMENTS)YOU THINK ARE NOT CUT OUT FOR THE JOB , WHICH AFTER ALL IS IN THE SHORT TERM TO SORT OUT THE HORRIBLE OFF-FIELD MESS LEFT BEHIND BY AT LEAST THE LAST FEW SETS OF SENIOR MANAGEMENT/OWNERS. I AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH THAT SOME OF THOSE LEFT BEHIND FROM THE OLD REGIME HAVE AN AWFUL LOT TO DO TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE UP TO IT.(AS OPPOSED TO "UP FOR IT" :D )
I am very worried.

Keith

(with apologies for the "caps lock" response - just wanted to highlight my view on each of the points you raise.)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Ridsdale's 'contacts' would go a long way towards explaining why we were near the top of the league in payments made to agents.

If a player is available the acting agent will send his details to everyone surely, in order to get the best deal for his man.

Tim I have my own views about why we paid agents so much money whilst Ridsdale was here and the clubs wellbeing had nothing to do with it.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You worry to much Carl.

Good post.

In Sam`s time we initially had to "bribe" players to come to the club as we were in the lower divisions and players also thought South Wales was some godforsaken backwater of the UK that they normally wouldn`t think of moving to.After arriving , many liked it so much they kept houses here even after moving on to other clubs.Sam also used to get carried away and probably paid over the odds long after we didn`t need to do so.

The Ridsdale years then continued to pay way over the odds (Fowler, JFH , Capaldi etc.) , I think partly just to look flash and partly because his contract negotiation skills were nowhere near as good as he wished the public to believe. I don`t believe though that he belonged to the George Graham/Ron Atkinson/Harry Redknapp school of "strange" transfer dealings with football agents.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Get Ridsdale back!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:Get Ridsdale back!

Never .

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm

since62 wrote:The Ridsdale years then continued to pay way over the odds (Fowler, JFH , Capaldi etc.) , I think partly just to look flash and partly because his contract negotiation skills were nowhere near as good as he wished the public to believe. I don`t believe though that he belonged to the George Graham/Ron Atkinson/Harry Redknapp school of "strange" transfer dealings with football agents.

Hands up I don't know why we paid agents so much money, but for arguments sake what is to stop a Chairman from giving out over the top contracts on a kick back basis from agents?

All those involved (the player, agent and Chairman) would enjoy the fruits of what appears to be a normal transfer dealing, which could be easily hidden by official documentation and later put down to bad management

Or is that it too far fetched to believe?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Nick Alford is now the general secretary and will be writing the players contracts but has no previous experience in doing so.The dvd girl still keeps her role in commercial dept at £50,000-£60,000 a year.

I am very worried.

Who is DVD girl mate ????? Mums the word, I probably won't know anyway but cant resist a bit of gossip ??? PM if you want anyone???
Last edited by Bluebina on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Ise was only joking

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Does anyone know how "hands on" the Malaysians are going to be with the running of the club?

I assume TG is not going to be moving to Cardiff and going into work at the stadium every day but what sort of involvement will they have?

It seems that there is a lot going on at the club but it's difficult to tell what control (if any) is being exercised by the Malaysians and we must assume that they are aware and in agreement with the appointments made so far.

Are they comfortable leaving the day to day running of the club to the current set up?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Who is currently handling the Chopra potential transfer?

With Steve Borley on his holidays who is dealing with the negotiations with Ipswich?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

not to concerend on the transfere front but am worried about the jobs for boys senario we got going on again sounds like were filling in all the deadwood slots we emptied earlier in the month

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 am

davids wrote:Who is currently handling the Chopra potential transfer?

With Steve Borley on his holidays who is dealing with the negotiations with Ipswich?

Why would people in his position take their holidays at the busiest time of the year for player negotiations ???

It's like Santa booking 25th December off ??

Surely he could go when the season starts or before it ends ????