Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

chosen charity for messageboard game

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:33 pm

I am far too old , and good looking , to run around chasing after a ball

but I assume we will make this event a charity fund raiser

can I suggest two ?

cancer research and help for heroes for those injured on service in iraq and afghanistan ?

any other ideas ?

easy enought to donate on line to those two or for those that are unable you could pop into one of the cancer research shops, velindre or for help for heroes the army recruitment place in town

I will pledge £50

Re: chosen charity for messageboard game

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 pm

HELP FOR HERO'S :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I'd like to nominate a minority charity that deals with things like multiple sclerosis and kidney disease. I can get a list of specific ones if this is an option people want to go for. No offence to ones like cancer research and help for heroes but they get enough money coming in and I feel our money would go further with a less publicised charity.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm

CCFC Acadamy, Not a chairty, but would make sense.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Ok childrens hospital of wales at the heath, they despratly need cash :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Must admit i like all those mentioned above cancer research, help for heroes, Children's hospital and the one closest to my heart is M.S as my wife suffers from it and believe me its an awful disease. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:51 pm

some great ideas lads

maybe its a case of each of us being honest , pledging to a charity of our choice and then we can add it all up and announce how much has been raised

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Ty Hafan :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Must admit i like all those mentioned above cancer research, help for heroes, Children's hospital and the one closest to my heart is M.S as my wife suffers from it and believe me its an awful disease. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mate, you have my sympathies. I've studied it in the past and not only is it horrible for those that suffer it, it's mentally and emotionally crucifying on those who are friends and family.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 pm

So we need to work out how much a game and per person so we can maybe help all the charities thast mentioned above!

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm

I reckon £5 per person per game. That's not too expensive and we could get quite a lot in. Everyone is welcome to contribute more of course.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Not sure if everyone would be willing to pay that much though!! but we could aslo get loads of people to come down and supposrt the team and also ask them to put money in......what ya think?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm

what about Gwyns daughters charity

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Not sure if everyone would be willing to pay that much though!! but we could aslo get loads of people to come down and supposrt the team and also ask them to put money in......what ya think?

What would be the chances of us having this match at the CCS??? :D

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:CCFC Acadamy, Not a chairty, but would make sense.

Split the money raised between the Acadamy and Help for the Heros.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Zabier wrote:I reckon £5 per person per game. That's not too expensive and we could get quite a lot in. Everyone is welcome to contribute more of course.

christ how many games are the poor sods having ?

I thought it was just a one off eleven a side ?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Sludge wrote:
Zabier wrote:I reckon £5 per person per game. That's not too expensive and we could get quite a lot in. Everyone is welcome to contribute more of course.

christ how many games are the poor sods having ?

I thought it was just a one off eleven a side ?

Gonna play a tournament aswel you lnow Sludge :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

So did I but who knows?! This could turn into a series... like the Ashes!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:37 pm

What about the Fred Keenor statue fund.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Greyhound Welfare in Rogerstone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Sludge wrote:I am far too old , and good looking , to run around chasing after a ball

but I assume we will make this event a charity fund raiser

can I suggest two ?

cancer research and help for heroes for those injured on service in iraq and afghanistan ?

any other ideas ?

easy enought to donate on line to those two or for those that are unable you could pop into one of the cancer research shops, velindre or for help for heroes the army recruitment place in town

I will pledge £50

Help For Heroes. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:17 pm

right well as it was aamb who set this idea up , then I would suggest between yourselves you either come up with a chosen charity via a vote

or we all pledge on here an amount we will give to our own chosen charity , whatever people can afford given times are tough , and we all honestly donate to these indivdual charities and you put up a total at the end

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Sludge wrote:right well as it was aamb who set this idea up , then I would suggest between yourselves you either come up with a chosen charity via a vote

or we all pledge on here an amount we will give to our own chosen charity , whatever people can afford given times are tough , and we all honestly donate to these indivdual charities and you put up a total at the end

Has to be only one or 2 charities really......as it wont be much then going towards them if we use loads, if however we donated to CCS then maybe they would let us use there ppitch or somewhere close by for free?

Annis could you or maybe Carl have a word with CCS and see what we can do....looking at next wed 7.30pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

ALSO RNLI is a good charity :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

http://greyhoundwelfare.org.uk/about-us/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 pm

annis we could ! if you can pull the strings to play at the CCS ! ill perosnally donate £100 :ayatollah: if we play there before the pitch gets riped up"!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Ben wrote:annis we could ! if you can pull the strings to play at the CCS ! ill perosnally donate £100 :ayatollah: if we play there before the pitch gets riped up"!

Is it already ripped up because of the phonics gig?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Zabier wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Must admit i like all those mentioned above cancer research, help for heroes, Children's hospital and the one closest to my heart is M.S as my wife suffers from it and believe me its an awful disease. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mate, you have my sympathies. I've studied it in the past and not only is it horrible for those that suffer it, it's mentally and emotionally crucifying on those who are friends and family.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cheers mate

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Because there is so many ideas, why dont we have a poll . put all the ideas in and the top one gets the dosh :ayatollah: :D

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Because there is so many ideas, why dont we have a poll . put all the ideas in and the top one gets the dosh :ayatollah: :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: