Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: gethin jenkins falls out with the south wales media

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 am

The guy is a tool. I posted a day or so after he was appointed that this was going to be a big mistake.

Managing the Dragons day to day is alot different to a professional football club the size of Cardiff.

The guy is arrogant, miserable and not particularly liked amongst the business community.

He'll be back at the Dragons by Christmas.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 am

Any chance of some actual facts to substantiate these stories?

Yesterday it was about the CEO not wanting Valley supporters at our club. No evidence to this effect was forthcoming and later comments from Mr. Jenkins showed quite clearly that this wasn't the case.

Today he's fallen out with the local media. Link, sources, or anything to back up your assertion?

Let's cut to the chase. Why are you attempting to discredit our new CEO?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 am

Claude Blue wrote:

Because someone has told him to?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 am

Claude Blue wrote:

Removing Gwyns book has not gone down too well and we know that happened.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:58 am

I'm sure you're corect about that davebb, but I couldn't possibly comment!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:

has he said why its been removed tho ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 am

Claude Blue wrote:Any chance of some actual facts to substantiate these stories?

Yesterday it was about the CEO not wanting Valley supporters at our club. No evidence to this effect was forthcoming and later comments from Mr. Jenkins showed quite clearly that this wasn't the case.

Today he's fallen out with the local media. Link, sources, or anything to back up your assertion?

i agree with the arrogant and miserable comments. that is my opinion based on a face to face to convo with him. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 am

Claude Blue wrote:Any chance of some actual facts to substantiate these stories?

Not being funny mate but this is a football message board not the Old Bailey. No-one has to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt, instead we post opinion, fact or even gossip if we believe it's creditable enough.

I find that over time it is quite possible to work out who is more likely to be accurate with all 3.

Therefore by all means ask questions but give a bit of slack to.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:27 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:

has he said why its been removed tho ? :ayatollah:

Yes he has to me on the phone yesterday evening, "The Valley Rams book is not appropriate for Cardiff City Football Club."
His exact words, I hope your happy now Claude Blue. Claude, he would not comment on it anymore than that.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am

Fair point.

But the accusations yesterday and today about our CEO are rather serious don't you think?

Therefore it's hardly unreasonable to ask for some concrete evidence to back up the claims being made.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 am

Claude Blue wrote:Fair point.

But the accusations yesterday and today about our CEO are rather serious don't you think?

Therefore it's hardly unreasonable to ask for some concrete evidence to back up the claims being made.

I have not said he has said anything new today ?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 am

its becoming a tad boring. your NOT gathering evidence for a murder case.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 am

I've given my views on why I think the book has been removed on a different thread.

If I'm correct, then I suspect that the book will be back on sale in the club shop in a couple of weeks once the media frenzy post-Chelsea has died down.

It's my assertion that the club are just being proactive and trying to appear "Whiter than White."

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 am

Claude Blue wrote:I've given my views on why I think the book has been removed on a different thread.

If I'm correct, then I suspect that the book will be back on sale in the club shop in a couple of weeks once the media frenzy post-Chelsea has died down.

It's my assertion that the club are just being proactive and trying to appear "Whiter than White."

Claude, I have given his exact words to you, he reads this forum so if I said different,which I have not, I am sure he will speak out, he had Julian Jenkins with him in the office and the phone on loud speaker.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

Claude Blue wrote:I've given my views on why I think the book has been removed on a different thread.

if that was the case. why wouldnt he just say this to gwyn????
that way gwyns happy and gethin would have gained alot of respect.
either way part of the problem is the way hes handled it, and alienated a huge part of the fan base.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 am

It is never unreasonable to ask for concrete evidence but 99% of the time you won't get it.

That said we know the CEO made a comment yesterday which has been substantiated that "The Valley RAMS book is not appropriate for Cardiff City Football Club"

A comment like that is bound to spark a debate about his personal views on the support our club draws from the wider catchment area; and even if his comment is later proven to have been taken out of context that would still open up a debate on his judgement in making that comment in the first place.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 am

milly44 wrote:

either way part of the problem is the way hes handled it, and alienated a huge part of the fan base.

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far....

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 am

If my hypothosis is correct then there is no way HE could actually state that.

If he stated that to a few people then it is quite likely that it would be leaked to the media and he'd look rather stupid.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:55 am

davebb wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far....

for many years much of our fan base, has come from the valleys.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

milly44 wrote:for many years much of our fan base, has come from the valleys.

I don't think anyone's disputing that, and Gethin Jenkins himself will know that, but not allowing a book back in the clubshop is a completely different matter in my opinion.
Not that I agree with it, but he or whoever made the decision will obviously have their reasons.

What were the reasons the books got taken out originally, or was it just on Ridsdale's order?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:12 am

milly44 wrote:for many years much of our fan base, has come from the valleys.

Agreed. But how many actually feel alienated when all he's done is decide not to sell particular books
anymore. If Annis' book hadn't been thrown out by PR they'd have been removed as well.

It was a decision taken for the good of the club, by people who are actually running the club.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 am

I agree, I don't think he deserves the character assassination he's being subject to.

I don't necessarily agree with the book not being put back in the shop (was it taken out originally?), but I don't agree with most of what's been said about him.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

Is Gethin Jenkins the new Peter Risdale? I mean, he's already getting on peoples bad sides. He's only been there a few weeks.