Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHOPRA TO IPSWICH !!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 am

CANT BELIEVE IT LOOKS LIKE WE,RE GONNA SELL HIM TO THEM FOR JUST OVER 4 M,...HE,S THE BEST FINISHER IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND WE,RE LETTING HIM GO...ID RATHER GET RID OF ROSS...SAYS IN THE MAIL WE,LL LOOK AT CHARLIE AUSTIN FROM SWINDON...OK HE SCORED 21 GOALS BUT HES UNTESTED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP....IF HE GOES I CANT SEE US GETTING AUTOMATIC,COS I DONT WANT TO DO THOSE PLAY OFFS AGAIN,.

Re: CHOPRA TO IPSWICH !!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:01 am

Charlie austin another Gavin gordon

I much prefer to have Chops

If we were to dip into lower leages what about Ricky Lambert

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

I love Chops and he is a great player, but £4m is too good to turn down and frankly could be a masterstroke if DJ has the bollocks to go with McCormack/Bothroyd up front and spends the cash on 2 quality central midfielders, one of which is a fist waving ball winning lunatic who sits in front of our back 4.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love Chops and he is a great player, but £4m is too good to turn down and frankly could be a masterstroke if DJ has the bollocks to go with McCormack/Bothroyd up front and spends the cash on 2 quality central midfielders, one of which is a fist waving ball winning lunatic who sits in front of our back 4.

Alan Smith ??? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love Chops and he is a great player, but £4m is too good to turn down and frankly could be a masterstroke if DJ has the bollocks to go with McCormack/Bothroyd up front and spends the cash on 2 quality central midfielders, one of which is a fist waving ball winning lunatic who sits in front of our back 4.

Alan Smith ??? :ayatollah:

Alan Smith had a great game against us at CCS where he basically nulified Jay Bothroyd, which IMO was the only game where that happened at home last season.

Just imagine AS in front of our back 4? Do you really think the likes of Steve Howard would cause so much havock?

Good call Martyn.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am

Howard would be a good back up option and a very good plan B coming off the bench , as would Thommo too . But I dunno if starting with a guy like Howard would work tho , but then again Bothroyd isnt going to play every game is he and the Chops McCormack combo dont work coz our back 4 always hoof long balls when theres no Bothroyd on the pitch ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 am

It really is a difficult call.

Obviously Chops is a talent but he blows hot and cold. We sell him and he could have blinder but he could easily go and have a poor season. £4m spent wisely could go a long way especially as we still have Ross.

In an ideal world I'd keep him but we may need cash in to buy anyone and we are not guaranteed anything from Joe yet.

Then there's the Bellamy rumour. If Chops going made Bellamy more of a reality......

Would you rather Chops, Bothroyd & Ross or Bothroyd, Ross & Bellamy?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 am

Great post...

I like Chops but he does blow hot and cold...if we sell him and get Bellamy in I'll be a happy chappy!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 am

It is a really difficult call as I thought Chopra was massive for us in the early and latter stages of the season and it's hardly surprising that as a striker he had a quiet time when the rest of the team was struggling.

My biggest worry about all of this is that if he goes a lot of people think Ross will do the business. Based on last season I don't see it :cry: He started off overweight, got injured and then never looked like scoring goals even when given the odd chance. He started 21 league games and scored 4 goals.

The game that sticks in my mind was away at QPR. He got picked, from the start, upfront in a game we had to win to secure a play-off place and must surely have thought he had a point to prove. His performance was poor and lacked effort, he was subbed after an hour and Chopra came on, also with a point to prove after being dropped, and looked like a man possessed and his energy helped turn the game for us.

Now I'm not so stupid as to say that Ross is finished, far from it, as I think he still has the ability. However he does need to sort out his fitness/attitude and therefore to pin our goalscoring hopes on him for next season would represent a risk at the very least.

Hopefully Chops stays, Ross regains his form and Bellamy also arrives but it's never that easy as a City fan ............ surely :lol: :roll: :ayatollah: