Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hope Of Compensation STILL For Ledley.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:26 pm

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk:80/mobile ... -1.1033371

Re: Hope Of Compensation STILL For Ledley.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

£3 million compensation, I find that hard to believe.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:£3 million compensation, I find that hard to believe.

Stoke have rather dug themselves a hole tho, if they buy him it will cost them more than anyone else. They made a written offer of £6m for him two seasons ago and while any other club could argue that the valuation was too high Stoke can't very well use that defence. If he goes to Stoke we will gain bigtime compared to any other club.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

hmmmmmmmm ;)

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Well I must be missing something here. I thought the most we could get in compensation would be about £1 million. This is new on me where a club that has previously made an offer will have to pay more when the player is out of contract.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well I must be missing something here. I thought the most we could get in compensation would be about £1 million. This is new on me where a club that has previously made an offer will have to pay more when the player is out of contract.

They won't? they bid £6m - and Cardiff are hoping for £2m compensation to any English Club?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well I must be missing something here. I thought the most we could get in compensation would be about £1 million. This is new on me where a club that has previously made an offer will have to pay more when the player is out of contract.

Stoke will try and pay as little as possible, Cardiff will try and get as much as possible. With Stoke showing their hand a while back, people are obviously thinking this will go against them.