Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A New AAMB FC FOOTIE SIDE???

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 am

Would all the guys on here be interested in having a Team called maybe AAMB FC or ur choice whatever you fancy?

Dobbin has said he plays down the Gol centre and could organise it for you to have a team......why not may aswell seen as its a long way to next season......................plus there are quite a few i see who actually would like to play! How about it????? Maybe we can come and support you too :D

Comment below if your interested :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A New AAMB FC FOOTIE SIDE???

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 am

also we need a golden oldies over 40's team too :lol: :old:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 am

Martyn1963 wrote:also we need a golden oldies over 40's team too :lol: :old:

Sure they can manage that just for you Martyn 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:45 am

hughesygirl wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:also we need a golden oldies over 40's team too :lol: :old:

Sure they can manage that just for you Martyn 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

its uni-sex team u know :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 am

ok i will be in the team then as the ..........................ball girl ;) :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:47 am

hughesygirl wrote:ok i will be in the team then as the ..........................ball girl ;) :lol: :lol:

no comment ! ;) :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:11 pm

As the league is quite a big commitment initially - if anyone is interested I am a quite happy to arrange an hour session at gol probablly max 12 players or we could have a kick around on the grass by CCS (Free) and then for a pint after !

I can organise cones balls and bibs and hughesgirl can do the drinks and oranges for half time :lol:

If your interested stick your name on the thread, what evenings are best and what time (I would say 6.30 - 7.30)

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I play two nights down Gol (Monday and Thursday) but we're ending on a Thursday due to work commitments. So I'd be able to play in any team we set up. I do play for an 11 a side team in the season though so I'd only be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays once the season starts. The Thursday league is probably the toughest in my opinion but lower down the teams you play are tidy lads.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Zabier wrote:I play two nights down Gol (Monday and Thursday) but we're ending on a Thursday due to work commitments. So I'd be able to play in any team we set up. I do play for an 11 a side team in the season though so I'd only be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays once the season starts. The Thursday league is probably the toughest in my opinion but lower down the teams you play are tidy lads.

Who do you play for on a Thursday ? Yes I would say it is very tough on a Thursday night, I have reffed down there on other nights and it does seem a bit easier - At the end of the last fourteen weeks we had to play against a side from a Tuesday division one side I think it was and we beat them easier than some of the sides on our division.

Who do you play for on a Saturday ?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:51 pm

I play for Toto on a Thursday. In Division Three now. We were Division One but players left so we dropped down. Moved to Mondays 7 a side. Don't fancy a game tonight do you? We have 8 players so far but need a defensive player to balance our squad.

I don't play on Saturdays. Play on Sundays for a team that was called AFC Cardiff Dragons (not the bisexual, gay and lesbian team!) but is now changing their name because we're merging with the Lazarou Leagues.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Zabier wrote:I play for Toto on a Thursday. In Division Three now. We were Division One but players left so we dropped down. Moved to Mondays 7 a side. Don't fancy a game tonight do you? We have 8 players so far but need a defensive player to balance our squad.

I don't play on Saturdays. Play on Sundays for a team that was called AFC Cardiff Dragons (not the bisexual, gay and lesbian team!) but is now changing their name because we're merging with the Lazarou Leagues.

our team is in divisio four came up as winners but we will never go any further as three of my mates aren't football players and we do it more for the social side

Are they just having the one league now on a sunday then ?

About time they did that on a saturday as well !

cant make tonight as working and they have also phoned me about reffing tonight said i was busy so would not look good me turning up to play !!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Haha no worries.

Yeah, our manager is part of the league committee and the impression he gave was that 4 Walls and Lazarou is definitely merging after the organiser of 4 Walls got cancer again. I hope they make the divisions bigger. Hate small divisions. 10 team divisions or more would be perfect, none of this 6-8 team division rubbish.

Well if you're ever short on a Thursday just let me know. My team is quitting so I'll be free. Give me a PM on here if you need a player.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

id be interested so whatever night people sort out i would arrange it so i dont work that night as i pretty much pik when i work. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I play for Talgarth, but I've had trials with Merthyr and our very own Cardiff so count me in if you want if its just pre-season :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:00 pm

This is looking good........come on there must be plenty more of you who would like to join...comment below if ur interested :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way Dobbin cant i give out limes & tequila instead of just oranges ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:07 pm

yh :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Maybe a new name instead of AAMB FC. It is a lot of letter to say and i get easily confuesed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 pm

chippy909 wrote:Maybe a new name instead of AAMB FC. It is a lot of letter to say and i get easily confuesed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Chippy dont mind what u wanna call it....just i thought it stood out more for people to join thats all......the name now is all down to you lot :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Count me in, Apart from Wednesday nights where i play everyweek with a bunch of mates at powerleague in Whitchurch. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Need more :D Come on join up :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:43 pm

What about setting up an AAMB 5 a side torunament down there. Annual AAMB cup or something like that.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:What about setting up an AAMB 5 a side torunament down there. Annual AAMB cup or something like that.

Not a bad idea actually lou vogel lets see if all the others are interested in doing this :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I would be up for the odd tournament but couldn't commit to playing week in week out.. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 pm

I could play, any night prefer the later times but could do my best for earlier games.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Let's sort out a AAMB tournament :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:Let's sort out a AAMB tournament :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ok how do we start then.....shall i ask Dobbin ? also did you want to play at the Gol or at the pitch nxt to the stadium?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

If we play at the pitch next to the gol centre we can have 11 a side then :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm

only 8 of you have signed up so far :( need 3 more plus maybe a few extras :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 pm

ahh well if there is 12+ of us 5 a side on the gol centre would be best.. Why dont we get a CCMB v AAMB charity match :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:ahh well if there is 12+ of us 5 a side on the gol centre would be best.. Why dont we get a CCMB v AAMB charity match :ayatollah:

Yeah sounds great....do you think the other board would be up for it? Worth asking them i suppose....so i will let you do that :lol: :ayatollah: