Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra to Ipswich to hit the rocks?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 50369.html

Not sure why The powers at Ipswich might want to remove Keane. As difficult as he can be, he is a winner, and I wouldn't mind seeing him at Cardiff City if Jones ultimately went...

Re: Chopra to Ipswich to hit the rocks?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 am

Still flat broke wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Ipswich-manager-Roy-Keane-could-be-replaced-by-Tony-Mowbray-or-Steve-Cotterill-article450369.html

Not sure why The powers at Ipswich might want to remove Keane. As difficult as he can be, he is a winner, and I wouldn't mind seeing him at Cardiff City if Jones ultimately went...

f**k me message to TG go get him :lol: :lol: :lol: straight swap, Jones for Keane ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am

what u smoking?

Keane is not a patch on Jones - maybe in the future but cos he was a good footballer does not mean a good manager - far from it.

He can cut his teeth a bit longer elsewhere and come back when Jones has completed the job in a few years.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 am

What has Keane achieved as a manager :?:

He got Sunderland promoted on the back of huge investment allowing him to get players like Johnny Evans in on loan. He then proceeded to fall out with many players/fans/press, pick players in the wrong position and then leave them in a pretty perilous position.

He then nearly got Ipswich relegated after spending a lot of money.

DJ ain't perfect but Keane is certainly not someone that I would want to replace him with.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:46 am

Don't smoke owt mate I am partial to the odd bow mind but not this time of the morning :lol: Oh, by the way we have played a team manged by Roy Keane 5 times and lost 4 of those games ;) :lol: I would have Keane over Jones in a heartbeat :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 am

piledriver64 wrote:What has Keane achieved as a manager :?:

He got Sunderland promoted on the back of huge investment allowing him to get players like Johnny Evans in on loan. He then proceeded to fall out with many players/fans/press, pick players in the wrong position and then leave them in a pretty perilous position.

DJ ain't perfect but Keane is certainly not someone that I would want to replace him with.

I do believe our very own DJ has fallen out with many players/fans/press and has picked players in the wrong position and ipswich finished mid table. Just a personal opinion of course, I like the man and think he would be a great manager for us.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 am

Still flat broke wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Ipswich-manager-Roy-Keane-could-be-replaced-by-Tony-Mowbray-or-Steve-Cotterill-article450369.html

Because he doesn't know how to deal with people and is a shit manager, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Cardiff. If he's such a winner, why did he just walk away from Sunderland and Ireland? that's not the qualities of a winner, that's the quality of a self centred arrogant tit.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

Because he doesn't know how to deal with people and is a shit manager, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Cardiff. If he's such a winner, why did he just walk away from Sunderland and Ireland? that's not the qualities of a winner, that's the quality of a self centred arrogant tit.

allright mate? lol totally agree with you there, couldn't put it better myself

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am

ihatealiens wrote:

I do believe our very own DJ has fallen out with many players/fans/press and has picked players in the wrong position and ipswich finished mid table. Just a personal opinion of course, I like the man and think he would be a great manager for us.

I don't disagree with you on that point but I'm just saying that Keaane is no better (some would argue he's a lot worse !!) than DJ and therefore not someone it's worth risking club stability for.

The other thing is Keane needs money to spend and it's highly likely he would go anywhere that doesn't have money to burn. I know the takeover has put us on a better financial footing but I don't think we've got money to burn quite yet !!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 am

piledriver64 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

I don't disagree with you on that point but I'm just saying that Keaane is no better (some would argue he's a lot worse !!) than DJ and therefore not someone it's worth risking club stability for.

The other thing is Keane needs money to spend and it's highly likely he would go anywhere that doesn't have money to burn. I know the takeover has put us on a better financial footing but I don't think we've got money to burn quite yet !!

Surely 1 look at last years league table should be enough to convince you that Jones is a better manager.

Similar budgets, and with Keane having more flexibility through no off-field problems and transfer embargos and we finished miles in front of them.

he's got the potential to ruin what we've got.

Can you see Bothroyd, Whttingham, Gerrard, McCormack etc.. taking to his methods. I can't

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 am

Ben wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

allright mate? lol totally agree with you there, couldn't put it better myself

They say great minds think alike mate, and if you had just said....... "Roy Keane is a c*nt"

I would have agreed with you too :lol: