Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man City want £40,000 p/week for..........

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Bellamy - to come on loan.

Cardiff are offering £18,000

It is imminent that Ledley is leaving but we are offering him £20,000 p/week.

Well, balls to it. Let Ledley go, and we negotiate with Man City and pay them the £38,000 a week?

Seems crazy wages for a championship player - but sacrifices and gambles have to be made.
I believe with Bellamy and his passion - we could WIN the league as long as we sort out another Center Back and Physical ball winning midfielder. I would also make Bellamy captain!

When we get to the premiership the year after we buy Craig?

Re: Man City want £40,000 p/week for..........

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Spoke to Borley about the deal 3 nights ago, as far as he is concerned deal is now virtually dead, we cant afford to pay more than £18,000 a week.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Spoke to Borley about the deal 3 nights ago, as far as he is concerned deal is now virtually dead, we cant afford to pay more than £18,000 a week.

How can we afford to pay Ledley £20,000 p week then?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Spoke to Borley about the deal 3 nights ago, as far as he is concerned deal is now virtually dead, we cant afford to pay more than £18,000 a week.

Because that was including his signing on fee and he would then be worth a few million to us, as he would then be our player, Bells would still be a Man City player.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:57 pm

We can't get carried away with stoopid wages ............ if we can't afford them then we can~t have them. Better to have a properly club than no club !!!!

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:We can't get carried away with stoopid wages ............ if we can't afford them then we can~t have them. Better to have a properly club than no club !!!!

Totally agree Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Because that was including his signing on fee and he would then be worth a few million to us, as he would then be our player, Bells would still be a Man City player.

But don't you think Cardiff stand a massive chance of auto promotion if we had Bellamy? Then we earn an extra £90 - £100 Million in revenue?

I understand what everyone is saying, but I bet there are ways to accomodate him to the club ?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 pm

If Man City want us to pay 40k and Bellamy still says money isn't an issue, pay Man City the £40k and Bellamy can pay us back £22k. We will still get £68k. :lol: :D

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:54 pm

that how we were in the position we were because ridsdale gambling that we get promoted
an when we dont every body blames the board for paying out top wages so we have to applaud the
current board for living with in there means an not gambling well done borley and co
we have to stop thinking wec are a premier side until we are there

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Merlin wrote:

I imagine the budget would allow for 3 or 4 at £20k-ish and go on a downaward scale to the lesser paid "squad players".

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Bellemy is a real talent, but we need several players.

No good gambling the money which could be used to pay for Five players on 1. He won't get us promotion on his own.

Its not looking likely if the club want to break even and build long-term.

Obviously the Chopra situation could have an influence. The outcome of these 2 issues will give us some good pointers as to which way the Malaysians want to go.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:49 pm

As much as id love to see him here, there's his injury problems too. Knowing our
luck we'll get him for the season and he'll get injured and be out for 3 months

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:At £40k per week you are looking at £400,000 for a season. Is that so hard to fin bearing in mind the player we are talking about and were he could take us..?

I think its crazy that the deal isnt done yet

Think you may need to check your calculations £400,000 would be for 10 weeks pay ;)

If you assume it's 52 weeks on full pay then 2,080,000 :D

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:52 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26595414/

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 am

Bring back riddler!!! He wouldn't let a small fact like we haven't got the money get in the way!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Bellamy would take a cut to play!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Merlin wrote:Bellamy - to come on loan.

Cardiff are offering £18,000

It is imminent that Ledley is leaving but we are offering him £20,000 p/week.

Well, balls to it. Let Ledley go, and we negotiate with Man City and pay them the £38,000 a week?

Seems crazy wages for a championship player - but sacrifices and gambles have to be made.
I believe with Bellamy and his passion - we could WIN the league as long as we sort out another Center Back and Physical ball winning midfielder. I would also make Bellamy captain!

When we get to the premiership the year after we buy Craig?

Hang on you say £20,000pw is a crazy wage for a championship player but your happy to pay £38,000 for a 31 yr old. We dont have a problem scoring goals, we can score from all over the park. Its the defence we need to be spending money on and besides Dato Chan Tien Ghee has reiterated that the club will not be spending silly money.