Re: WHO ON HERE REMEMBER THE MANY GREAT TRIPS

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:19 am

sure do my old mucker,,,,,
on there end
on the pitch
on the motorway overlookin ground

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:33 am

Loads of brilliant trips there back in the day, early trains into town or Stapleton Rd - & even when being attacked with roofing hammers & scaffold tubes :lol:

Funniest thing I saw there was the end of the season game (when Jeff Hemmerman got his injury) and one of my mates, very very well known to Mrs Ramsgate, decided to invade the pitch - well not exactly the pitch but the track around it. Reason being that he was big into his athletics at the time & was bloody good at it. Anyway, he gets on there & invites the stewards and coppers to chase him - slowing down when he got too far in front. Went on for ages and when he eventually got bored, he ran back into the City end to a heros reception :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 am

I believe Rovers in the 70's and 80's were like Our Local Derby and the trip everyone would look for in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 am

Was my favourite game in those days...........especially the football specials.Had many a good jaunt at Rovers :old:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 am

didnt always take the amount we did when we went up under ashurst

a few years later ..85...we were sponsored by superted or merthyr motor auctions ...only about 500 of us there

lost two one ..jimmy mullen scored

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Sludge wrote:didnt always take the amount we did when we went up under ashurst

a few years later ..85...we were sponsored by superted or merthyr motor auctions ...only about 500 of us there

lost two one ..jimmy mullen scored

remember that mate.we were going through dark times 2500 at home games.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:04 pm

we were terrible mate

was it the season goodfellow took over later and we got relegated ?

it was rainy damp afternoon I remember that , mullen scored own our end by the motorway bridge

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:06 pm

my memories of that season it f*cking rained everytime i went lol

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Annis,Had some great days at Eastville good memories but also sad ones too! Jeff Hemmermans career ended there,Being on the away end and jumping over the wall when the odds got a bit too much! :o Anyone remember the 3wheeler being turned over after the game and then reading the Echo to find out it was a City Fans car!Always rated Rovers more game than City.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Never made Eastville,Saw the city play rovers when they played at Bath City's ground.Nathan Blake's debut i think when he played left back in the south wales echo kit red,black stripes with white trim.I think that was the only time we played in that kit. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:32 pm

willie anderson wrote:Annis,Had some great days at Eastville good memories but also sad ones too! Jeff Hemmermans career ended there,Being on the away end and jumping over the wall when the odds got a bit too much! :o Anyone remember the 3wheeler being turned over after the game and then reading the Echo to find out it was a City Fans car!Always rated Rovers more game than City.

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Never forget going there circa 77 & they were throwing concrete that was breaking up in their stand to our right & a young girl getting hit full pelt to the face, worst incident i've ever seen at a football match.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Had many a great time on the tote end - greyhounds not football mind!

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Never made Eastville,Saw the city play rovers when they played at Bath City's ground.Nathan Blake's debut i think when he played left back in the south wales echo kit red,black stripes with white trim.I think that was the only time we played in that kit. :ayatollah:

im pretty sure blakey's debut was well before we played in that kit

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Im surprised nobody have mentioned the end of a brilliant career for the great jeff Hemmerman at Eastville, we could hear the crack.........

I have fond memories of BRFC as I played junior football there when Bill Dodgem was manager and Trevor Ford was the trainer.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 pm

which bristol ground was by a overhead motorway and we used to get marched down a road along the edge of a load of terraced housed and they used to stand in them streets throwing bricks n things then tun up the street down a back lane then back up the next street to do it again all the way across the row till the last row was about 6 houses and they used to be held back by the cops we then were marched under a bridge into the ground ??

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Many a time i saw the City play at Eastville. Can any one remember when a van pulled onto the hard shoulder slip road and the fuckers emptied a load of bricks that was once apparantly a toilet building into the City end ? :lol: Turned out one of those fuckers would end up being my future brother in law :lol: :lol: