Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Im seriously pissed off help needed

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Whilst on this forum i dropped my Nokia 5800 in my pint of Lager. It soon stopped working bollox!! Ive covered it in rice to help absorb the moisture but i don't hold much hope. Still about 8 months left on my contract any body know what the best cause of action would be ? ie would there be options for me ?

Re: Im seriously pissed off help needed

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:47 pm

take it apart battery sim etc and put it in a warm place overnight, dont try force drying it

might work has for me

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 pm

bluebird baz wrote:take it apart battery sim etc and put it in a warm place overnight, dont try force drying it

might work has for me

Covered in rice and put in the living room. wIll give it 24 hrs. Just wandered do phone companies say ok if you renew your contract we will give you a deal on a new phone.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 pm

some might buy you out of your contract

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:take it apart battery sim etc and put it in a warm place overnight, dont try force drying it

might work has for me

Has for me too.

get loads of work calls on holiday and have been known to take it for a swim a few times.

Strip it down as much as poss and dry it out.

Whats the rice all about - you planning on eating it if it doesnt work - I'd recommend curry to go with the rice instead. ;)

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:56 pm

or straight to wok noodles with a nice zang xui sauce :lol:

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

if only carlsberg invented waterproof nokias, they would be the best in the world,,,,,, probaly,

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 pm

ninianblue wrote:if only carlsberg invented waterproof nokias, they would be the best in the world,,,,,, probaly,
:lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebird baz wrote:take it apart battery sim etc and put it in a warm place overnight, dont try force drying it

might work has for me

Has for me too.

get loads of work calls on holiday and have been known to take it for a swim a few times.

Whats the rice all about - you planning on eating it if it doesn't work - I'd recommend curry to go with the rice instead. ;)

Googled what to do and several sites recommended covering the phone with uncooked rice as it absorbs any moisture !! worth ago. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Has for me too.

Whats the rice all about - you planning on eating it if it doesn't work - I'd recommend curry to go with the rice instead. ;)[/quote]

Googled what to do and several sites recommended covering the phone with uncooked rice as it absorbs any moisture !! worth ago. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Yes I get it.

Only pulling your plonker anyway. Hope its sorted by tomo.

Losing the numbers is a bloody nightmare.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Put SIM card in my boys phone and SIM working fine Chief. My worst mistake was trying to turn the fecker back on :oops: :oops:

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Happened to a mate of mine and he used an adidas trainer box with the moisture thingys inside and rice. He was lucky asit did work but it's not always 100%.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Feel like a right Prick if i kept the bottle instead of a pint glass i would of been all right!! :oops: :oops: :lol: