Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Things are not looking good for the atmosphere Gethin Jenkin

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I will stand by my Opinion gone within a year.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

True, but we needed a football minded person in my opinion.[/quote]

Karren Brady didn't have a football background either, but she didn't do a bad job at Birmingham did she?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm

scrappy doo wrote:True, but we needed a football minded person in my opinion.

Karren Brady didn't have a football background either, but she didn't do a bad job at Birmingham did she?[/quote]

True, there's enough "football" people there. Need someone with a proper business brain who can intruduce
ideas outside of the usual football mindset.

I think some people just want him to fail because if they had nothing to moan about then they'd just have to
start enjoying themselves.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Everyone makes mistakes and he won't get everything right. They tried to make us stand last season but after a brief time they'll realise it won't work. They can't ban everyone! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm

im not saying every rugby man is agaist football but a lot of the main people are sorry but i dont trust a rugby man in such a important position at ccfc

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm

scrappy doo wrote:True, but we needed a football minded person in my opinion.

Karren Brady didn't have a football background either, but she didn't do a bad job at Birmingham did she?[/quote]

a very true statement !!!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:Good appointment..? How is making fear amongst the fans a good appointment..?

I made my previous point because people can come out with any sales-pitch just to get on the right side of the fans (PR was doing it all ther time) but I for one want proof of his past before I buy into his appointment.

Was the position even advertised..?

And what if the club asked you for photographic proof that you have been a regular attender of City games for many years? Could you provide it?

I certainly couldn`t , and I have missed only about 6 home games in 48 seasons. Does that make me not worthy in your eyes?

Keith

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:There is a big Difference from running say a club with a turn over off say £300,000 a year to a £20 million a year Club.

I'd reckon the Dragons trunover is more like £5m Annis.

Average gate is about 6500, about 1/3 of ours.

All the more suprising that they seem better organised than us.

Then on that I stand corrected, but I will stand by My Opinion Jenkins is not the man for The Riddlers Position .

But he hasn`t taken Ridsdale`s position Annis. Ridsdale was Chairman and Chief Executive and the role has now been split.

Keith

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

maybe midfield general should do the job ?

he certainly seems an expert

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:43 pm

since62 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Good appointment..? How is making fear amongst the fans a good appointment..?

I made my previous point because people can come out with any sales-pitch just to get on the right side of the fans (PR was doing it all ther time) but I for one want proof of his past before I buy into his appointment.

Was the position even advertised..?

And what if the club asked you for photographic proof that you have been a regular attender of City games for many years? Could you provide it?

I certainly couldn`t , and I have missed only about 6 home games in 48 seasons. Does that make me not worthy in your eyes?

Keith

go away since 62

you are not a true fan